Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario, "The Confirmation".

The Table 1 Players:
James May
United States
East Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Night Hermes
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OOC thread is here!

PC List is here!

Initiative

8 Broker 12/12
3 Morsha 17/17
3 Carsonex 12/12
2 Ahlricht 10/10
2 Amathin 10/10
1 Almathea 15/15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shaine. A classic dandelion eater? We shall see...
The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.”

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.
“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born."
“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,”
he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
The initiates waste no time and begin plying Janira with questions...

Does Kreighton Shaine always act like that?
“Master Shaine is brilliant, if not entirely focused. He has lived a very long time and seen things we could only dream about. I’ve learned to just accept his peculiarities and value any knowledge he wishes to share.”

What’s a gillman?
“The gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They’re a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water.”

Why would gillmen be going to these caves?
“That’s exactly what you are being asked to find out. The only known permanent surface settlement of the gillmen is in Escadar. Why they’re venturing into the foothills of the Kortos Mounts is a mystery.”

How will we know whether we’re successful?
“A Confirmation can last for weeks or months—or could be completed in a few days. Your resolve combined with your ability to fulfill the three duties of a Pathfinder will determine your success.”

What are the three duties?
“Surely ‘Explore, Report, Cooperate’ have become second nature to you, right?”

Who are Marcos Farabellus and Aram Zey?
“Are you one of those adventurers who was brought in through a field commission? Master Marcos Farabellus is the Master of Swords for the Pathfinder Society. He’s responsible for teaching every initiate the fine art of combat. Master Aram Zey is the Master of Spells for the Society. As his title suggests, he’s in charge of teaching would-be Pathfinders to use and defend against magic.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make some Know (History) and Know (Geography) checks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James May
United States
East Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carsonex scratches his head and tries to remember things he might have heard that would be relevant to the situation at hand.

Knowledge History (untrained, max result 10) 1d20+1 = (19) + 1 = 20

Knowledge Geography (untrained, max result 10) 1d20+1 = (17) + 1 = 18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 473620. thebusygm
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (19) + 1 =
  • Knowledge History (untrained, max result 10)
  • Sun Dec 8, 2013 1:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 473621. thebusygm
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (17) + 1 =
  • Knowledge Geography (untrained, max result 10)
  • Sun Dec 8, 2013 1:22 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
thebusygm wrote:
Carsonex scratches his head and tries to remember things he might have heard that would be relevant to the situation at hand.

thebusygm previously rolled 1d20+1 = (19) + 1 = 20 (Knowledge History (untrained, max result 10))

thebusygm previously rolled 1d20+1 = (17) + 1 = 18 (Knowledge Geography (untrained, max result 10))
Carsonex recalls from his studies that at the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the highest points on the island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Night Hermes
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Broker looks overwhelmed by the deludge of questions and informations.

He does however think hard.

History.....I studied History once. 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 473628. nightsage
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (19) + 6 =
  • History.....I studied History once.
  • Sun Dec 8, 2013 2:03 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing Broker deep in thought, Ahlricht tries to help the man remember, serving as a sounding board for dates, ideas, and facts.

Aid Another (Knowledge History) d20+7 = (6) + 7 = 13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 473630. Unknown Ediology
  • d20+7 =
  • (6) + 7 =
  • Aid Another (Knowledge History)
  • Sun Dec 8, 2013 2:12 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Gillmen!

nightsage wrote:
Broker looks overwhelmed by the deludge of questions and informations.

He does however think hard.

nightsage previously rolled 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25 (History.....I studied History once.)

Long hours spent by Broker in the Grand Lodge’s libraries poring over a particular volume of the Pathfinder Chronicles detailing A Vision of Betrayal allows him to recall particular annotations regarding the origins of the gillmen:

Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people. During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater. Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Janira Gavix

Janira pulls out a large leather-bound journal and opens it on the table. “Before we set out, we should all get to know each other and review our plan. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!”

"My name is Janira Gavix and i am 24 years old. I grew up in Eastgate, where my father still works as a porter who employs a dog cart to transport purchased goods from ships and shops to the homes of customers. My family reveres Desna, but I respect most other religions and believe that faith is important to everyone. Within weeks after turning 20 years old, I enlisted with the Pathfinder Society, and although I initially joined to see the world and sample all of the fine food it had to offer, I quickly took to the Scrolls and its focus on learning and preserving knowledge. I aspire to have my work published in one of the Pathfinder Chronicles, and maybe one day I will qualify to train as a Pathfinder Chronicler..."

"Alright! Who's next?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almathea Vyrn

The young girl regards her fellows, and eventually nods. Clad in a coarse gray robe, an impressive set of horns grows from her forehead, which she has adorned with some cheap jewels. Her hair is burnt orange, while her eyes are a deep vermillion color, and her otherwise handsome young face already bears several badly-healed scars. A black rune is tattooed on the bridge of her nose, between her eyebrows.

"Very well. My name is Almathea Vyrn, and I grew up in Kenabres, which I'm sure comes as no surprise, what with the way I look."
She pauses, as if waiting for a comment from someone.

"I only ever knew half my parents, and that's a lucky thing, if I'm to take my mother's word for it. She worked in the city as an armorer for the crusaders, many of which were quite averse to my appearance. You'll understand that life was hard there for one such as I. Many of those crusaders have a way to look into one's soul, and I felt their gaze on me many times over. I was glad to be out of there when the time came." Crossing her arms, the girl hefts her head proudly.

"I'm seventeen now, and have been here for the past two years, where master Farabellus has been attempting to teach me how to channel some of my more primal urges, sometimes with questionable succes. Master Zey has had even less succes, and even though I agree with him when he says there is power hidden in my blood... I'm not so sure if it's as wonderful as he claims it to be."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly standing beside Almathea, his small size often allowing him to move about without calling any untowards attention, Ahlricht glances about the assembled group. As the girl finishes her story, the halfling sighs loudly. "Well, I guess that makes me next. Ahlricth Ermitler, at your service. I hail from a small halfling community in the hills of Andoran. Worked there as a Deputy to one Jolmun Smitty, ex-Pathfinder working as special investigator for hire. Good work, indeed. I used to follow him everywhere and help him with any tasks he needed.

One day, he went out to meet a potential client. All they found were his hands. No one wanted to hire a deputy. Knew Jolmun made a good living as a Pathfinder, enjoyed it. So, with nothin' to lose, I made my way to the Grand Lodge and signed up. Been continuing my calling here, helping everyone along with their training. Looking forward to getting out into the real world, now!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Night Hermes
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Broker crosses brawny arms over his wide chest.

"Broker, Just your typical street guard. Guy said needed me for ajob and said he'll pay me. So I'm here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amathin Hadir

Amathin steps up with his grey wolf Rhyner.

"I suppose I should 'splain a little about myself. I am not one for talking much. Talking gets in the way of a good hunt. Ain't that right Rhyner?" Amathin strokes the pelt of his companion. "I guess that's all you need to know for now"

With that he steps back and through his beard one might detect a small grin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Almathea Vyrn

The young girl regards her fellows, and eventually nods. Clad in a coarse gray robe, an impressive set of horns grows from her forehead, which she has adorned with some cheap jewels. Her hair is burnt orange, while her eyes are a deep vermillion color, and her otherwise handsome young face already bears several badly-healed scars. A black rune is tattooed on the bridge of her nose, between her eyebrows.

"Very well. My name is Almathea Vyrn, and I grew up in Kenabres, which I'm sure comes as no surprise, what with the way I look."
She pauses, as if waiting for a comment from someone.

"I only ever knew half my parents, and that's a lucky thing, if I'm to take my mother's word for it. She worked in the city as an armorer for the crusaders, many of which were quite averse to my appearance. You'll understand that life was hard there for one such as I. Many of those crusaders have a way to look into one's soul, and I felt their gaze on me many times over. I was glad to be out of there when the time came." Crossing her arms, the girl hefts her head proudly.

"I'm seventeen now, and have been here for the past two years, where master Farabellus has been attempting to teach me how to channel some of my more primal urges, sometimes with questionable succes. Master Zey has had even less succes, and even though I agree with him when he says there is power hidden in my blood... I'm not so sure if it's as wonderful as he claims it to be."

Janira looks curiously at Almathea. "The power in your blood sounds really intriguing. Would you be able to tell us something about it? How would you channel it in a fight?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Suddenly standing beside Almathea, his small size often allowing him to move about without calling any untowards attention, Ahlricht glances about the assembled group. As the girl finishes her story, the halfling sighs loudly. "Well, I guess that makes me next. Ahlricth Ermitler, at your service. I hail from a small halfling community in the hills of Andoran. Worked there as a Deputy to one Jolmun Smitty, ex-Pathfinder working as special investigator for hire. Good work, indeed. I used to follow him everywhere and help him with any tasks he needed.

One day, he went out to meet a potential client. All they found were his hands. No one wanted to hire a deputy. Knew Jolmun made a good living as a Pathfinder, enjoyed it. So, with nothin' to lose, I made my way to the Grand Lodge and signed up. Been continuing my calling here, helping everyone along with their training. Looking forward to getting out into the real world, now!"

Janira smiles at the amiable and chatty halfling. "Your work as a deputy sounds really exciting! Please tell me about the case with the hands. Are there any other interesting cases you have encountered? How have you helped the others in their training? Are there any areas which you are particularly skilled at?"

"I find that knowing my companions and what they can do is critical to working as a team, so I hope you do not mind my questions and curiosity..."
Janira ends her questions with a giggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James May
United States
East Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Name's Carsonex. I'm the kind of guy that gets things done. I come on these adventures because I'm always looking for a scrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morsha stands up, resting on a worn and dirty looking longspear, his body disturbingly, almost cadaveroulsy thin. His misty, lifeless eyes rest in dark eye sockets and seem to stare away into space. Those near him smell the faint smell of a freshly uncovered grave wafting off his clothes and his pale, clammy flesh. "I am called Morsha and am but a simple man with simple talents."

The man grabs a skull that's attached to his pack and raises it up near his face. The skull seems to move of its own accord in his hand and a strange ghostly glow comes from inside it. Morsha peers into the skull's eyes and addresses the object. "That's right isn't it Vaba? We do not seek fame, nor glory nor wealth...we only seek knowledge, for knowledge is life and knowledge is death!"

"CROOOOOAAAAAAKKKK!"
replies the skull and Morsha seems content with the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
nightsage wrote:

"Broker, Just your typical street guard. Guy said needed me for ajob and said he'll pay me. So I'm here."

Janira laughs at Broker's joke. "Hahaha! Joining the Pathfinder Society is a serious long term commitment. The Society is not a mercenary company. I am sure you meant that as a joke. Now tell us, what made you decide to become a Pathfinder? Where have you travelled before coming to the Grand Lodge? Where did you grow up?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Otterjets wrote:
Amathin Hadir

Amathin steps up with his grey wolf Rhyner.

"I suppose I should 'splain a little about myself. I am not one for talking much. Talking gets in the way of a good hunt. Ain't that right Rhyner?" Amathin strokes the pelt of his companion. "I guess that's all you need to know for now"

With that he steps back and through his beard one might detect a small grin.

Janira returns the grin and adds, "Come now! We will be on the road for quite a ways. Plenty of time to hunt and to get to know each other. Whaat do you enjoy hunting and how did you come to choose your life's path? How did you meet your wolf and what adventures have you been on together?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
thebusygm wrote:
"Name's Carsonex. I'm the kind of guy that gets things done. I come on these adventures because I'm always looking for a scrap.

Janira looks at Carsonex curiously. "Tell us about your family and how you decided to be a Pathfinder? How do you plan to contribute to the party? Are there any skills and abilities you are particulrly good at? Do you have any weaknesses or flaws? Do you have a favourite teacher? What did you lern from the teacher?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Morsha stands up, resting on a worn and dirty looking longspear, his body disturbingly, almost cadaveroulsy thin. His misty, lifeless eyes rest in dark eye sockets and seem to stare away into space. Those near him smell the faint smell of a freshly uncovered grave wafting off his clothes and his pale, clammy flesh. "I am called Morsha and am but a simple man with simple talents."

The man grabs a skull that's attached to his pack and raises it up near his face. The skull seems to move of its own accord in his hand and a strange ghostly glow comes from inside it. Morsha peers into the skull's eyes and addresses the object. "That's right isn't it Vaba? We do not seek fame, nor glory nor wealth...we only seek knowledge, for knowledge is life and knowledge is death!"

"CROOOOOAAAAAAKKKK!"
replies the skull and Morsha seems content with the answer.

Janira suppresses an involuntary shiver, as if a chill breeze had swept through the room. "Morsha, what are your powers and how did you acquire them? How will you use them to contribute to the party? Please introduce Vaba to the party- how did you two meet and what is Vaba good at? Where did you grow up and tell us about your family..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:

Janira smiles at the amiable and chatty halfling. "Your work as a deputy sounds really exciting! Please tell me about the case with the hands. Are there any other interesting cases you have encountered? How have you helped the others in their training? Are there any areas which you are particularly skilled at?"

"I find that knowing my companions and what they can do is critical to working as a team, so I hope you do not mind my questions and curiosity..."
Janira ends her questions with a giggle.

Ahlricht purses his lips and gives a small shrug as his reponse. "Not much to tell about the hands. All we ever found of Jolmun. Put an end to my career. Never found who did it.

I help others by acting as sounding board. Helping them check their facts. By giving them a boost or a push where needed. Words of encouragement, sometimes. In a fight, I prefer to keep a target distracted. Push a blade to the side. Provide another with an opening they can take advantage of. I prefer the longspear. It allows me to do so from a distance. I'd rather not get hit. Don't like pain."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Night Hermes
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
not2fear wrote:
nightsage wrote:

Janira laughs at Broker's joke. "Hahaha! Joining the Pathfinder Society is a serious long term commitment. The Society is not a mercenary company. I am sure you meant that as a joke. Now tell us, what made you decide to become a Pathfinder? Where have you travelled before coming to the Grand Lodge? Where did you grow up?"

Broker Scowls.

"As long the reward is serious and the scraping is good, I'm here for the long term.
Something you know about me. I don't joke. I don't threaten either. I simply tell people exactly what I'm gonna do.

Not everything I do is pleasant. So it's best you don't ask and I don't need to tell.

I'm not the strongest, faster, smartest nor wisest. I simply am. Now what is it I need to do?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
nightsage wrote:
not2fear wrote:
nightsage wrote:

Broker Scowls.

"As long the reward is serious and the scraping is good, I'm here for the long term.
Something you know about me. I don't joke. I don't threaten either. I simply tell people exactly what I'm gonna do.

Not everything I do is pleasant. So it's best you don't ask and I don't need to tell.

I'm not the strongest, faster, smartest nor wisest. I simply am. Now what is it I need to do?"

“On to the details of the mission at hand,” Janira says with an eager grin. “After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |