Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
437 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

Thornkeep» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS: Bearpaw's Thornkeep - The Accursed Halls - Table 1 [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recruitment thread
OOC thread

This is a PFS sanctioned game, running through The Accursed Halls level in Thornkeep. For more information on Pathfinder Society Games on RPGG, check out our guild here.

Players:

Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



Characters:

Character Player Class/Level Faction PFS #

Blane the Enchanter Astinex Bard 1 Sczarni 110511-2
Caimorel residue Gunslinger 1 Sczarni 78307-6
Lucas Petch Mavis101 Fighter 1 Silver Crusade 82425-1
Korbi Longknot Einroy Rogue 1 Andoran 4452-4
Balakin Stormfeather allyse Wizard 1 Osirion 77969-5
Amiri bulldog93 Barbarian 1 Grand Lodge 75245-1


Nitty gritty

- Aim for one post a day. I may bot you through combat if you take a long time to reply. Obviously if you're unable to post for a time just let me know and we'll work around it, not a problem.
- For combat, I'll post maps via Google drive that everyone can access and edit.
- Thumb every post, so if your character has nothing to contribute to the current scene, I know that at least you're following along.
- Post your character statblock in this thread, and make sure to include your PFS number and faction. I'll get the IC thread up this week.
- Subscribe to this thread and the IC thread when it goes up!
- Most importantly, have fun!

IC posts:

- Descriptive text for your character actions in plain black.
- "Character speech" for what your character says in bold and in quotes, possibly in a different color for every player.
- Thoughts what your character is thinking, italicized.
- OOC (use [ ooc ] [ /ooc ] tags, comes out grey) for OOC questions and information that is directly relevant to what is going on in game.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beneath Brokenhelm Hill and the weathered walls of Thornkeep lies an ancient maze of magic and madness. Once the workrooms and summoning chamber of a rebel Azlanti lord, these subterranean chambers were forgotten thousands of years ago after the eradication of the evil lord and his followers.

Over the centuries, adventurers have found their way into these twisting passages and magnificent chambers, only to discover that the fading magic of the ancient Azlanti still lingers here. The people of Thornkeep call this dungeon the Halls Under the Hill, but those heroes who have dared its depths know this place by a different name: the Accursed Halls.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You arrive at Venture-captain Drandle Dreng office, who had you awoken in the middle of the night. His office is a complete mess; unruly piles of paperwork lie everywhere, and it appears that somebody has ransacked his desk.

Drandle stares in your general direction, his eyes clouded by thick cataracts. He seems oblivious to the odd hour and lights a pipe as he begins speaking in a slow southern drawl once you're all in his office.

"Well Pathfinders..." as he stops to take a puff from his pipe, "Fortune is with us today. I've got a mission fer ya that doesn't involve any nasty demon business. Instead we'll be sendin' y'all to the River Kingdoms, to a little town called Thornkeep. Now you won't be spendin' much time in town for what we're really interested in is a scryin' pool in the 'Halls Under the Hill'."

Drandle stops speaking for a moment as he takes another puff from his pipe and pushes a stack of papers off his desk before picking one up, seemingly at random and continuing.

"Y'all are extra fortunate, as we have reliable intel on the danger's y'all gonna be facin'. The scryin' pool is guarded by..." Drandle takes a moment to review the sheet of paper in his hand, "...a door. Not just any door, but a magic door. Now here's what I want y'all to do; go to the Halls Under the Hill, secure the area between the entrance and the scryin' pool and figure how to get that door open. Y'all got it? Report to me as soon as this is done, and your career in the Society will know a great start. Oh, and for the love of Calistria's melons, don't get yourself killed!"

"Any normal expenses, food, lodgings, will be covered by the Society. Any questions?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri steps forward. Any idea what might be guarding the Halls? What should we expect?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blane the Enchanter

Blane listens carefully. He can hardly contain his excitement at being sent to the 'Halls Under the Hill'. The famous ruins have forged many a great warrior. Blane conveniently overlooks the fact that many more have lost their lives there as well. He considers what he might already know of the place, or what Drandle speaks of.

Knowledge (History) 1d20+7 = (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (Local) 1d20+7 = (5) + 7 = 12
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 464565. Astinex
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (20) + 7 =
  • 27
  • Knowledge (History)
  • Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 464566. Astinex
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (5) + 7 =
  • 12
  • Knowledge (Local)
  • Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 pm
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Korbi wanders around the room, picking up and examining random objects in Drandle Drengs office. At mention of the missions his little ears perk up.

" Ooh Thornkeep I've never been there and I've been everywhere. This sounds very exciting. I'll bet there's lots of interesting things to see there. Ooh a maybe a treasure to find. I wonder what lives there. Maybe an evil wizard or a dragon. I'll bet it's a dragon. All the best stories have dragons."

He would keep talking except he is suddenly distracted by a small figurine of a bear on an end table.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimorel stands close to a wall, ready to reach out to it for support should she need it. She smells of ale and hard liquor. Clearly the summoning came at a bit of an inopportune moment for her.

"...oh, is this going to involve a boat?" she says, sounding dejected.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drandle looks up with a startled look on his face, "Oh, you lot are still here? Oh yes erhm, I'm sure there's nothing dangerous in there, those halls are supposed to be abandoned you see. Offcourse, there's always the chance that stuff just wanders in there, you know how it is."

Blane does recall that long ago, the area was once the location of the goblin kingdom of Zog, a coalition held together by several barghests. They destroyed an entire city-state, and threatened to overwhelm the surrounding areas and even eastern Ustalav, but were decimated by some sort of plague, and ultimately destroyed by an expedition led by a half-elven heroine by the name of Tarwynna.

The 'Halls Under the Hill' themselves are supposedly the remnants of a stronghold built by an Azlanti wizard, thousands of years old, and while humans avoided them, the goblins of Zog delved into them eagerly. The last known person to explore these ruins was the famed Pathfinder Mamor Pulken, forty years ago, but he never returned.

Drandle regards Caimorel slightly amused, and answers, "It's the River Kingdoms, everything there involves boats."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucas pays little heed to Drandle's briefing....apart from the bit about not getting killed of course '.....go to Thornkeep, find a door and open it, that doesn't sound too difficult after all'. He is more interested in his fellow Pathfinders '.....hmmm.....an excitable halfling and a drunken gunslinger.....this could be....'interesting!'

residue wrote:
"...oh, is this going to involve a boat?" she says, sounding dejected.
Lucas turns to Caimorel "You have had a bad experience with boats I take it."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After receiving your travel arrangements from Drandle's clerk, you quickly make your way to the Absalom docks, where you board a surprisingly luxurious ship known as The Plump Seal. After several luxurious days the pleasure ship makes port at Casimir in Taldor, where you are quickly transferred to a heavily armed river barge, and another week later, you finally arrive at Echo Wood.

A narrow, overgrown trail across the road from Firla Parr's farm leads through a thick copse to a stepping-stone crossing of the Echo Stream. On the far side of the stream, under the beetling bluffs of Brokenhelm Hill, a wide crevice leads into the hillside and reveals a pair of enormous stone columns built into the rocky wall. The main entryway seems to have been cleared of obstacles.

As you move inside cautiously, you find yourselves in a large hall, held up by a number of carved columns. In the center of the floor, the flagstones have been pulled up, revealing a staircase leading downward. The stench of rotting meat hangs in the air.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blane the Enchanter


"Looks as if we're going in to darkness." Blane says as he retrieves his lantern from Vincent's pack. Blane also retrieves the twine and some chalk. After wards he ties Vincent to a solid tree with enough slack that he can feed on the nearby grass.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimorel, having survived the hangover that followed, crouches down a bit by the entrance and peers down into the darkness. She feels along her equipment until her fingertips brush against her pistol. "Lets hope there's more than darkness down there. Some coin would suffice."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Balakin will cast light on his quarterstaff. "I don't really need the light but i think most of you will be happy to see it?" He says while smiling at the others.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri draws her bastard sword, ready to enter.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I wonder if there is anything in there. Maybe I'll just call in and see if anyone is home".... seeing the barbarian draw her sword Korbi hesitates. "Well maybe you have the right idea Amiri. They might not be friendly." Korbi draws his crossbow.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the stairs down, you arrive in a small antechamber that sports a hallway to the south. Iron stakes driven into the flagstones pin the half-eaten carcass of a pig to the floor in the middle of the room. Two large centipedes clearly don't appreciate you trespassing on their territory, as they turn their venomous mandibles towards you!

Tracker Round 1:
>>(20) Blane [9/9]
>(16) Korbi [8/8]
>(16) Lucas [12/12]
>(12) Amiri [15/15]
>(11) Balakin [8/8]
>(7) Caimorel [11/11]
(4) Centipedes


Everyone is up! Regarding the map, note that the scale is not accurate, and every square actually counts as 10 feet, meaning four people can occupy the same square on the map.


MAP

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 465774. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (1) + 6 =
  • 7
  • Caimorel
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 465775. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (18) + 2 =
  • 20
  • Blane
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 465776. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (13) + 3 =
  • 16
  • Lucas
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 465777. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (11) + 5 =
  • 16
  • Korbi
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 465778. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (3) + 8 =
  • 11
  • Balakin
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 465779. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (11) + 1 =
  • 12
  • Amiri
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 465780. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (2) + 2 =
  • 4
  • Centipedes
  • Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blane the Enchanter

Blane moves into the room and off to the side, then readies his bow. "No adventure is complete without a little vermin to slay."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri moves to the square in front of the right centipede and hacks into it. Sword 1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7 dmg 2d8+6 = (8 + 8) + 6 = 22
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 465891. bulldog93
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Sword
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:06 am
  • [+]
  • 465892. bulldog93
  • 2d8+6 =
  • (8 + 8) + 6 =
  • 22
  • dmg
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:06 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimorel moves past Lucas, drawing her pistol, and fires off a shot at the centipede on the left. The shot echoes down the chamber, and the half-elf then stands put as she swiftly reloads her weapon, seemingly ignoring the monsters.

10 feet down. Fire and reload.

Pistol versus touch AC 1d20+5 = (4) + 5 = 9
Does it hurt? 1d8 = (5) = 5
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 465924. residue
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (4) + 5 =
  • 9
  • Pistol versus touch AC
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 am
  • [+]
  • 465925. residue
  • 1d8 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Does it hurt?
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 am
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Korbi slide 5' to his right and fires on the centepede across the room.

X-bow vs centipede (flat-footed?) 1d20 + 5 = (8) + 5 = 13
Damage 1d6 = (1) = 1
Sneak attack damage (assuming flat-footed) 1d6 = (4) = 4

Korbi quickly reloads his weapon.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466305. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 5 =
  • (8) + 5 =
  • 13
  • X-bow vs centipede (flat-footed?)
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 466306. Einroy
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Damage
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 466307. Einroy
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Sneak attack damage (assuming flat-footed)
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:10 pm
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sorry about the delay.

Lucas moves across the antechamber towards the centipede on the left, casting wary glances at Caimorel as he moves past her, alcohol and gunpowder a combination that Lucas is sure do not mix well. Reaching the centipede he attacks with his scimitar.

Scimitar Attack 1d20+6 = (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d6+4 = (5) + 4 = 9




5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466314. Mavis101
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Scimitar Attack
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 466315. Mavis101
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Damage
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Balakin will shoot a force missile on the creature that is allready wounded.

Force missile damage: 1d4+1 = (1) + 1 = 2
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466353. allyse
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Force missile damage:
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The feeling of unease creeps into the adventurers, as most of them miss their intended targets. Korbi and Balakin however, manage to finish off one of the vermin. The other ones snaps its mandibles at Lucas...

Bite: 1d20+2 = (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6-1 = (5) - 1 = 4

Tracker Round 2:
>>(20) Blane [9/9]
>(16) Korbi [8/8]
>(16) Lucas [12/12]
>(12) Amiri [15/15]
>(11) Balakin [8/8]
>(7) Caimorel [11/11]
(4) Centipede


Everyone is up! Regarding the map, note that the scale is not accurate, and every square actually counts as 10 feet, meaning four people can occupy the same square on the map.


MAP

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466355. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Bite:
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 466356. Bearpaw
  • 1d6-1 =
  • (5) - 1 =
  • 4
  • Damage:
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 pm
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri moves to the remaining centipede and attacks. Sword 1d20+3 = (10) + 3 = 13 dmg 2d8+6 = (5 + 5) + 6 = 16
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466415. bulldog93
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (10) + 3 =
  • 13
  • Sword
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 466417. bulldog93
  • 2d8+6 =
  • (5 + 5) + 6 =
  • 16
  • dmg
  • Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blane the Enchanter

Blane moves forward and takes a shot with his bow.

Bow Attack 1d20+2 = (6) + 2 = 8 | Damage 1d6 = (6) = 6
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 466498. Astinex
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • 8
  • Bow Attack
  • Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:38 am
  • [+]
  • 466499. Astinex
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Damage
  • Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:38 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] |