Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
225 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 1-45: Delirium's Tangle» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Greenclaw's 1-45 -Delirium's Tangle (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:


Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Maximilian A. Astinex Wizard 1 110511-3 Osirion
Thorn Swiftclaw Hadda Ranger 1 89983-4 Silver Crusade
Hilmandel thebusygm Cleric 1 113878-1 Grand Lodge
Cambria Brent Johnson Cleric 2 55886-11 Andoran
Uriah Haymer Bearpaw Gunslinger 1 23847-5 Grand Lodge
Boindil Ireheart allyse Fighter 2 77969-2 Grand Lodge


Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The descent down through the forgotten maintenance tunnels and natural caverns below Absalom has been mercifully uneventful, and offers plenty of time to think back on the events of the day.



Messengers found you across Absalom before sunrise and summoned you to the Grand Lodge on orders from Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. His milky, half-closed eyes, normally offering a bearing of regal decrepitude, instead looked sour as he apologized for the early hours and introduced a thick man bearing the scars of many horrific burns seated in a chair in Dreng’s office, his feat soaking in a small metal bucket of steaming water. Behind him stand two enormous, heavily armored half-orcs, their arms crossed over their massive chests and all four of their eyes constantly scanning the room for danger. “Pathfinders, this is Grandmaster Torch,” Dreng muttered sleepily. “He’s an… associate of the Society. We owe him a favor after that business in Sedeq, and it seems he’s looking to collect.”



“You wound me, my lord,” said Grandmaster Torch, leaving Dreng chuckling softly to himself in the background. “I come in the interest of the common good. You see, my good friend and occasional business associate, Nuar Spiritskin, is missing. You may know him better as the Minotaur Prince of Absalom, the head of the Taurean Embassy and something of a famous foreign dignitary, what with his assertions that he speaks for all Minotaurs everywhere. A collection of papers recently entered my possession that spoke of a grand maze beneath the city; naturally, my first instinct was to discuss the matter with Nuar. He seemed as intrigued as I and after I elicited his help, he set out at once for the maze. It has been several days, more than enough time for a minotaur to solve a maze, and I grow worried for my bovine chum.

“Clearly, I cannot take this matter to the guard. Poor Nuar would be scandalized if word got around that he couldn’t solve a simple maze. I can provide you with directions to this maze, called Delirium’s Tangle, if you promise to return Nuar quietly to his home. I’m even willing to let your organization keep the artifact I believe lies in the maze’s center. Some ancient, elven hourglass—my notes aren’t specific as to what it does. Just ensure the Prince’s safety.”

Dreng looks incredulous, but solemnly nods. “Nuar is a useful ally to the Society and a lost labyrinth below Absalom herself is too convenient to pass up. Take an hour to prepare and then head out. And be thorough; no telling what you’ll find down there.”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximilian Aeraglinadal

Maximilian listens to the two men talk. He has always been wary of clandestine meetings in dark location, but the chance to solve a labyrinth under Absalom has him very intrigued.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20+10 = (5) + 10 = 15 (What might Maximilian know about local labyrinths?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461245. Astinex
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (5) + 10 =
  • 15
  • Knowledge (Dungeoneering)
  • Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:49 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite being quite used to delving in dungeons and the like, Maximilian has never heard of such a labyrinth existing under Absalom. Torch senses the man's surprise at hearing of the underground maze and adds some more information.

“Yes, the place sounds amazing doesn't it? My notes refer to this maze as Delirium’s Tangle. The author claims to have once been lost in the maze ages ago and escaped by pure luck. I imagine it’s hardly the simple mines and crypts you’re accustomed to, lad. The design sounds elven, but I haven’t finished translating everything. Perhaps you can enlighten me on your return.

Oh, and no doubt you're wondering exactly where this place is? It's below the Ivy District, but I couldn’t possibly tell you how deep, or even its surface relation. My notes only tell how to reach it, and even in that they’re needlessly confusing."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria frowns. "The inference is that Delirium's Tangle is not a simple maze. Possibly there are dangerous denizens, possibly there are traps, and possibly the maze is dynamic or is magically augmented."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torch turns to Cambria with half a smile. "Well yes, you're probably right. The mere fact that Nuar has not returned leads me to believe that the place could be very dangerous indeed. You best be on your guard! Traps? Quite possibly. Dangerous denizens? Almost certainly. But that's why you've been called in, Dreng seems to think you're up for the job! In fact it almost sounds from the notes as if the Tangle somehow hides itself, or subconsciously steers people away from its location, as if it in some way has a mind of its own!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorn grins:
"Well I am certainly up for a challenge, give me a good brawl and a better ale and I am a happy person."

Turning to Cambria:
"Think of it as an opportunity to get some practice with that there mace, it did not see much use in our last adventure, no?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadda wrote:
"Think of it as an opportunity to get some practice with that there mace, it did not see much use in our last adventure, no?"
Cambria arches an eyebrow. "I'd be happy if it never had to be used."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

"Well, I will just have to make sure our enemies fall before they get to you. When do we start?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wait.. this friend of yours is actually a minotaur? It's not just some clever title?" Uriah asks with some surprise.

The hooded man grins, revealing a chipped front tooth. "Never a dull moment huh?" He pulls out a heavy pouch that makes a clinking noise, unrolling it to check his tools. "Well, since these are pretty old and crummy, mayhap I'll need to pick up some new ones on the way there. Ya never know, right."

Uriah will sell his thieves' tools and pick up some masterwork thieves' tools for 100 gp, giving him a +2 bonus. Since he's still level 1, I can sell his old thieves' tools for full value, right?
EDIT: Also switched out his rapier for a longsword.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes he is indeed a real minotaur, or I should say I say, I hope he still is. I don't want to fear the worst, but I do have grave concerns for his safety." Torch surveys the group waiting for any last questions. "Well if that is it, then you had best be off." The Grandmaster then gives you directions to find the entrance to the labyrinth before you are dismissed from the room.

Feel free to retcon any additional questions if you want. As for buying things on the way, please go ahead, and yes if still Level 1 cash any sold items in at full price.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes he is indeed a real minotaur. He’s something of a local diplomat. Officially, he represents Kortos’ minotaur tribes here in Absalom, but most of those tribes aren’t quite as politically minded as Nuar. He seems to know just about everyone, though. Very useful fellow, and I hope he remains that way. I don't want to fear the worst, but I do have grave concerns for his safety." Torch surveys the group waiting for any last questions. "Well if that is it, then you had best be off." The Grandmaster then gives you directions to find the entrance to the labyrinth before you are dismissed from the room.

Feel free to retcon any additional questions if you want. As for buying things on the way, please go ahead, and yes if still Level 1 cash any sold items in at full price.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You may make a survival check as you approach and enter the maze.

Also as the caverns will be totally dark, please describe your light sources.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria Survival 1d20+3 = (19) + 3 = 22

Cambria has darkvision. No light source.


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461701. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (19) + 3 =
  • 22
  • Survival
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 am
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thorn Survival 1d20+5 = (3) + 5 = 8

Thorn also has darkvision, no light source.


EDIT: ranger is not doing well in his chosen profession...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461716. Hadda
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (3) + 5 =
  • 8
  • Thorn Survival
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:10 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group descend from Absalom's maintenance tunnels into a series of natural caverns, Cambria notices bizarre humanoid tracks and signs of large insects.

Who will be responsible for light source for the non-darkvision members of the party?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, more than one something is wandering around down here, sure enough," says Cambria gloomily, pointing out the tracks.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximilian Aeraglinadal

Maximilian follows the others on the trip. He had only just met these folks, but they seemed to be in good standing with the Lodge.

Maximilian will change out Prestidigitation for Light as a prepared spell, and keep it up.

Survival 1d20 = (7) = 7
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461725. Astinex
  • 1d20 =
  • (7) =
  • 7
  • Survival
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:55 am
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thorn speaking with a low growl to the rest of the group:

"For those of you who don't possess cat eyes, I have 10 torches we can use to light the way. "
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James May
United States
East Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think made those tracks, Cambria? Hilmandel asks. He studies the tracks himself to see if they are familiar to him.

Survival 1d20+2 = (2) + 2 = 4

I will be relying on my low light vision and my fellow party members' light sources.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461743. thebusygm
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (2) + 2 =
  • 4
  • Survival
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thebusygm wrote:
What do you think made those tracks, Cambria? Hilmandel asks.
"Something dangerous and inimical, no doubt." Cambria responds. "I imagine we'll find out soon enough."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uriah will pick up some sun rods along with his other purchases. Fancy pancy outsiders with their darkvision...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't need light either, but i have a sunrod with me for emergancy's.

"So this is the place for getting in the maze? And I think it's the best that I go up front." Boindil says will looking at everyones armor. "Is there someone who can find traps? because i don't wana run in them all the time."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thorn lets out a low growl, then responds to Boindil:

"I am afraid the Society did not deem it worth their while to send a dedicated trapfinder for us, may Uriah will have some knowledge of mechanical systems since he has a love for those 'boomsticks'. Don't suppose you brought any good ale with you, thinking we may need a pint or two before this little adventure is over?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Cambrian and Thorn's tracking the party makes easy work of the entrance caverns and after an hour of solid progress they stumble into a large cavern that opens from a bottleneck into a large, smooth chamber of striated blue stone and pale, sandy floors. The walls glisten with moisture, and a small pool sits on the eastern side of the chamber. All across the area, thick carpets of fungus blanket the stones.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461892. greenclaw
  • 2d6 =
  • (1 + 4) =
  • 5
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:23 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |