Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1419 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [57] | 

Labyrinth Lord» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] D&D B4 The Lost City, Part 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
h3athrow wrote:
Then we won't do it... my loss for being in the US and catching up! For the party: I know we're hurrying past "treasure" in search for water, but let's be sure to look for magic weapons and items that could aid us, as we go.

It was the GM moved us straight back down into tier 4, not us
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oswald sulkily stomps off to the rear of the party. Those he passes catch the odd word as he mumbles to himself, "...respect...hammer...temple...bad..."

After a couple of minutes he walks back to stand immediately behind Bill. "I am going to keep a very close eye on you two."
7 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
h3athrow wrote:
Then we won't do it... my loss for being in the US and catching up! For the party: I know we're hurrying past "treasure" in search for water, but let's be sure to look for magic weapons and items that could aid us, as we go.

It was the GM moved us straight back down into tier 4, not us

You had said you wanted to go back down to the dwarven jester's burial room, which is on Tier 4, so I took you there. Then, a few of you agreed that you wanted to move to the ghouls' room (also on Tier 4) and thoroughly search it. I am not taking you anywhere you don't want to go. If you want me to wait for a full majority, I'm happy to do so.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CPiz wrote:


Poll
So where to next?
Back to the dwarven jester's burial room
Intersection with door: Go right
Intersection with door: Go left
Intersection with door: Check for traps, listen at door
Hallway to the northwest
Back up to Tier 3
      7 answers
Poll created by CPiz


7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to be wherever. I don't mind where.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*Tromp, tromp, tromp* You all make your way back to the jester's burial room and gather around the coffin. As soon as Kettilecq touches the lid, it springs off and a giant oversized head jumps out, causing all of you to nearly die of fright. Soon enough, you realize that it is just a brightly colored wooden model of the dwarven jester's head on a coiled spring, which now wavers back and forth after being sprung.

Peering down into the coffin, you see a small urn.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am beginning to tire of this place...

Bram pokes the bobbing jester head with his sword, and watches it bounce back and forth.

I doubt the urn contains water...let's move on.
8 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kettilecq checks the urn for ash or water before joining marching order. "A fitting burial for a jester," he says. "Let's check the hallway to the northwest."
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
h3athrow wrote:
Kettilecq checks the urn for ash or water before joining marching order. "A fitting burial for a jester," he says. "Let's check the hallway to the northwest."

Kettilecq's hands get dirty from the dwarven jester's ashes inside the urn.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kettilecq wipes his hands on his trousers. That was funny.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You all exit into the hallway, but as you are about to move out, you hear the voices of several men talking and laughing heartily. Before you can react, the men round the corner of the hallway on the right, and you see that Kanadius, with his sight now intact, is in the lead. Seven brothers of Gorm follow behind him, and the two men in the middle of the pack are pulling a crude wagon with a few large casks and crates on it.

Kanadius sees you and lets out a hearty laugh, "Brother Bram and friends! I can see again! Oh but there are new ones among you now. You must have tales to tell!"

His loud voice breaks the silence of the pyramid in an unnerving way for some of you, given all of the dangers you have faced since your dinner party at the Gorm outpost four days ago, which seems like ages. Or at least months! laugh
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bram kneels before Kanadius.

Brother, my heart beams to see you and my fellows once again. We have been travelling these ruins now for days, with little luck, and only the deaths of 3 of our companions to show for our efforts.

Bram will tell Kanadius of the troubles they have had, and ask for water for the party. He will also describe the meetings with the other two factions, and ask for a map or directions for the level they are on.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Bram kneels before Kanadius.

Brother, my heart beams to see you and my fellows once again. We have been travelling these ruins now for days, with little luck, and only the deaths of 3 of our companions to show for our efforts.

Bram will tell Kanadius of the troubles they have had, and ask for water for the party. He will also describe the meetings with the other two factions, and ask for a map or directions for the level they are on.

"I am sorry to hear that you lost so many," Kanadius shakes his head. "These are strange times. We were able to be cured, but not before Auriga relieved us of most of our offers to arrange for a high-level cleric, and now we are heading back to our outpost to figure out how to raise some more coin. Auriga is wily in his fight to ensure his faction is the most powerful. Yes, indeed. We may have better luck forging an alliance with the Maidens, but right now, that will be difficult to focus on.

"But of course you may fill your waterskins. Men! Bring one of those casks upright and let our friends fill them up! Unfortunately, due to our lack of funds, we cannot spare rations, unless Brother Gorm needs some, of course.

"We do not know this floor well, but can show you the way to the tier below, when you are ready to go down there."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Perhaps we can help replenish your coffers, Kanadius, Kettilecq says. "We have found an item that might be more value to you than to us while here in Cynidecea, especially after your necessary healing."

Kettilecq hands Kanadius the remaining jeweled bracelet he found in the sarcophagus of the defiled the mummified body. "I took this from the sarcophagus of a corpse being dismantled by the ghouls we encountered. May it serve you well."
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl speaks up, "We also just releaved a group of semi-sentient apes of their hoard of gold and jewels. These are rather heavy, and slow me down. Might it be that some of this can be of use to you?"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bill give me your skin and I'll fill em up!" Dill takes his brother's waterskin and his own and fills them. "Thank 'e kindly sir!"

Dill returns his brother's waterskin, as he hears Owl's comments on the Ape's treasure, Dill speaks up. "My brother helped earn that. I don't mind payin' for me and me brother's water."

Dill turns to the man handling the barrel of water and hands him gold coins 1d4+2 = (1) + 2 = 3 from his pocket.

ooc: char sheet updated.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461800. Purplebroccoli
  • 1d4+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • gold coins
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:16 am
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Owl speaks up, "We also just releaved a group of semi-sentient apes of their hoard of gold and jewels. These are rather heavy, and slow me down. Might it be that some of this can be of use to you?"

"Anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated. I am afraid, in return, the only thing we can offer is food. Right now, I can spare 3 days' iron rations for each of you.

And from this day on, you all will be considered friends and allies of Gorm.

Here, I have drawn out the way to the floor below on your map. There is a trap door in the floor with a ladder that leads down to the next room."


He hands your map back to you.

I will deduct the baboon's treasure and the bracelet from the party treasure tonight.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johanson
United States
Justin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boldukr says Do we want to explore more of this level? We were told there is a city on the next level, hopefully we could find water there?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl replies to Boldukr, "I think it would be wise to explore as we go. We have seen what lurks in these rooms, both good and bad, and I would rather not wish to have something evil open a door we had just passed and kill us all.

We may also find something that could be of use to use in our fight to bring the groups here together in a fight against the evil at its heart."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Agreed," says Kettilecq, as he packs his newly acquired rations and refilled waterskin.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Iam
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While filling his waterskin and collecting rations, Sarac shows Kanadius and the other Gormites the draco fangs and claws he has added to his necklace, adding a few embellishments to the story of the battle.

I agree with you all...let's explore the whole level as we head clockwise around to the stairs.

The party heads down the hallway to the northwest.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
samurai_47 wrote:
While filling his waterskin and collecting rations, Sarac shows Kanadius and the other Gormites the draco fangs and claws he has added to his necklace, adding a few embellishments to the story of the battle.

I agree with you all...let's explore the whole level as we head clockwise around to the stairs.

The party heads down the hallway to the northwest.

"Ah, the draco, one of the many kinds of lizards that find their way into the pyramid. They are feasome indeed, though I think as you explore the lower levels, you may yearn for something living to contend with."

And with these ominous words, Kandius and his men bid you farewell and enter the dwarven jester's room to go upstairs.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Before Kanadius leaves Dill takes his 3 days rations and some for his brother and stows Bill's share in Bill's pack. He whispers to his brother as he ties up his pack,
Spoiler (click to reveal)

"I'm glad of the food Bill but I don't want to come out of here empty handed. They seem like fine folks but we need to take care of each other. Get our share of the loot. If we play our cards right, we won't have to be grunts for arcologists and stinky hermits."


ooc: If any of the party are given to eavesdropping or suspicion then by all means...
char sheet updated for 3 rations
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Purplebroccoli wrote:
He whispers to his brother as he ties up his pack,
Spoiler (click to reveal)

"I'm glad of the food Bill but I don't want to come out of here empty handed. They seem like fine folks but we need to take care of each other. Get our share of the loot. If we play our cards right, we won't have to be grunts for arcologists and stinky hermits."

Bill whispers back

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Yes Dill, they seem like a decent bunch alright....although that priest got his cassock in a bit of a twist about nothing....and if he keeps standing so close behind me he might accidentally get a polearm in the eye......anyway they are certainly more likely to share out their loot than old Rindis was....remember last time.....what did he give us as payment....a few old potsherds....what were we meant to do with them!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You all make your way to the northwest corridor and follow it as it turns west, then back south. It continues south for about 80 feet.

As you are about to turn the corner, the shimmering, ghostlike figures of a man and a woman appear before you. They are dressed in costly clothing, and both wear golden crowns. The man raises his hand and gestures for you to stop.

"Go no further," he warns, "lest the curse of King Alexander overtake you!"

"I am Queen Zenobia," the woman says. "Turn back; only death awaits you!"

Althorn, Bill, Boldukr, Bram, Dill, and Kettilecq are overcome by fear and immediately take off back north, bringing the light with them, and leaving Oswald, Owl, & Sarac standing there face to face with the luminescent, dead-eyed spirits in the dark.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [57] |