Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the new IC thread for the Lost City adventure. Here are some helpful links you may need:
[OOC] D&D B4 The Lost City
B4 The Lost City Character Sheet Geeklist
[IC] D&D B4 The Lost City, Part 1
[IC] D&D B4 The Lost City, Part 2

You make your way back through the revolving passageway and once again descend deeper into the pyramid.

Painted on the walls of this room are court scenes showing King Alexander and Queen Zenobia being entertained by a dwarven jester. A small coffin rests in a niche in the east wall and in each corner of the room is a large brass jar. There is a door in the north wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have we already checked the jars and the coffin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
h3athrow wrote:

The jar was examined. I don't think we opened the coffin.

"Old Rindis would've loved this!" says Dill, looking about the room. "I reckon I'd be bored. 'Bring that torch closer boy!' he'd say. 'Do you see the script boy? Don't crowd me boy! See if that coffin's trapped, boy!' Aye so it could cut off my hand instead of his."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Purplebroccoli wrote:
h3athrow wrote:

The jar was examined. I don't think we opened the coffin.

"Old Rindis would've loved this!" says Dill, looking about the room. "I reckon I'd be bored. 'Bring that torch closer boy!' he'd say. 'Do you see the script boy? Don't crowd me boy! See if that coffin's trapped, boy!' Aye so it could cut off my hand instead of his."

The jars were empty. You all avoided the coffin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Iam
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dill, leave the dead dwarf to rest in peace. If it's treasure you seek, we'll find it through our trap door into the dungeon here, says Sarac motioning with his sword.

Last time, we also found the walking dead. Be ready!

Sarac opens the trap door leading down and stares into the blackness. He sniffs at the stale air wafting up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
samurai_47 wrote:
Dill, leave the dead dwarf to rest in peace. If it's treasure you seek, we'll find it through our trap door into the dungeon here, says Sarac motioning with his sword.

Last time, we also found the walking dead. Be ready!

Sarac opens the trap door leading down and stares into the blackness. He sniffs at the stale air wafting up.

You're already downstairs in Tier 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Iam
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooc: did we ever search for secret doors back in the ghoul room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
samurai_47 wrote:
ooc: did we ever search for secret doors back in the ghoul room?

I don't believe so. You searched the hallway outside the ghoul room; I know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purplebroccoli wrote:

Bill guffaws loudly. "That's right Dill, always making us do his dirty work.....you remember that time when he got us rummaging through them piles of scrolls in....what did he say that dungeon was called....temple of elemental evil or some such 'oooh lets make this place sound sccaaaryyy' name......" Bill pulls a face and waves his hands about in mock fear "....bit like that place up north where Rindis said we would be going after we had explored here....what did he call it, tomb of horrors....well I bet that name is all for show and really there would be nothing frightening or dangerous about it.....maybe we should check it out after we have finished here......" Bill looks around earnestly at his new found friends to see if any of them show any interest "......anyway where was I....oh yeah, that spider that was hiding amongst the scrolls bit me......aw that was painful, my hand swelled up really bad and I couldn't even blow me own nose."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Iam
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say we return to the crypt room where we fought the ghouls and search it carefully before going elsewhere on this level. What do you all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
samurai_47 wrote:
I say we return to the crypt room where we fought the ghouls and search it carefully before going elsewhere on this level. What do you all think?

The party marches on to the tomb where they encountered the ghouls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samurai_47 wrote:

"You sound like Rindis.....always wanting to check everything out, never wanting to miss any artefact or anything hidden away....." Bill smiles ".......but if you want company whilst you search I am happy to tag along!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purplebroccoli wrote:
samurai_47 wrote:

The party marches on to the tomb where they encountered the ghouls.

Not so great minds think alike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
Purplebroccoli wrote:

Bill guffaws loudly. "That's right Dill, always making us do his dirty work.....you remember that time when he got us rummaging through them piles of scrolls in....what did he say that dungeon was called....temple of elemental evil or some such 'oooh lets make this place sound sccaaaryyy' name......" Bill pulls a face and waves his hands about in mock fear "....bit like that place up north where Rindis said we would be going after we had explored here....what did he call it, tomb of horrors....well I bet that name is all for show and really there would be nothing frightening or dangerous about it.....maybe we should check it out after we have finished here......" Bill looks around earnestly at his new found friends to see if any of them show any interest "......anyway where was I....oh yeah, that spider that was hiding amongst the scrolls bit me......aw that was painful, my hand swelled up really bad and I couldn't even blow me own nose."

"You have been to The Temple of Elemental Evil? I am from the village called Hommlet. When were you there? Have you stirred up evil in that place again?", says Oswald, both disbelieving and worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WarMonger2009 wrote:

"You have been to The Temple of Elemental Evil? I am from the village called Hommlet. When were you there? Have you stirred up evil in that place again?", says Oswald, both disbelieving and worried.

"Whoa nooo.....I ain't one for stirring up evil, not on purpose anyway....but me and Dill needed to make a living after the operation and Rindis was happy to pay for us to guard him while he did his arcology." Bill takes a dirty rag out of his pocket and blows his nose. "Anyway, it was a couple of years back, Rindis said there had been a big battle there and he thought that he might find some interesting stuff in the ruins.....he said that all the evil had been defeated and we didn't see any evil whilst we were there....apart from that spider, that bite it gave me was evil." The cogs in Bill's brain start to slowly work. "Ah, so you follow the teachings of this Saint Cuthbert then, I saw there was a church to St Cuthbert in Hommlet....but not being of a religious standing I didn't go there.... I was just a young lad so spent the time in the inn.....what was that place called again....'The Lusty Wench' or something like that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard of that temple, from other travelers. It sounds like a deplorable place to try and find your way. Then again, I have also heard of the horrors of a place called Rappan Athuk, and even met someone who fought the fabled black skeletons of that place. I don't think I will ever travel there, regardless to the reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dill says,

"Aye brother that was the name of the inn. I had a good haul hustling folks in games of Cups till that one eyed fellow, of all people, saw that I had extra stones up me sleeve. It was a hoot! Tables overturned, people shoutin' and punching and me up the stairs and busting into the bath room where ol' Bill was reclining in bubbly suds, a mug of ale and a see-gar in each hand and some lovely thing waiting on him with a plate of fruit. Then One-eye and his cronies dragged me back down the stairs and tossed me into a horse trough. Could've been worse I suppose! We both got our baths at least."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You make it back to the room where you faced the ghouls. The ghoul bodies have been reduced to a pile of smelly, smoldering ash from when you set them alight this morning. Besides that, the only thing you find from a thorough search of the room is the bronze sarcophagus and mummified body that you already knew were there.

You search the south and east walls for secret doors, but do not find any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl will take the opportunity, while the others search, of sitting in a corner and taking 40 winks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there anything else in the sarcophagus with the mummified body?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Iam
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooc: There was treasure rattling around in the sarcophagus with the mummy, which we took

Hmmm. I thought there would be a room in between this one and the dwarf's crypt but I guess not. Let's get moving so we can find a source of water, or the stairs leading to the city.

Sarac leads the party out into the hallway and into the passage leading north at the western edge of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the party leaves the room with the unopened sarcophagus made for a smaller person, Kettilecq opens it to see what's inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
h3athrow wrote:
Before the party leaves the room with the unopened sarcophagus made for a smaller person, Kettilecq opens it to see what's inside.

You've already gone to the ghoul room by this point, so to do this, you all would have to travel back to the dwarven jester's room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oswald splutters with indignation, "I remember you! You burst into the church 'looking for the latrines'. And and you laughed at me! What was it you said? 'Look at the big kiddy with the picture book'. And wasn't there a question over unpaid bills at the inn?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Row
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then we won't do it... my loss for being in the US and catching up! For the party: I know we're hurrying past "treasure" in search for water, but let's be sure to look for magic weapons and items that could aid us, as we go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [57] |