Subject: Greenclaw's 4-02 - In Wrath's Shadow (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo rides along his comrades, intending to strike the monsters who enthralled them.

Can I by using the Aid Another somehow help others with their saving throws, or the effect will remain until its end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay. Monks are faaaaast... weeeee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Vlad: You can trip Indo, and the mount might be able to trip Tinma maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but that will just slow them down. Is there anything that can be gained when compared to helping their will save?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a duration for this captivation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately they won't be getting another save anytime soon. Shame Milo didn't get a chance to use his countersong ability before being captivated himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect will last as long as the harpy decides to keep singing...and a little while after that! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"BUTCHER TIME!" Ozgg bellows as he charges of alone across the temple floor.

Ozgg gets a bonus for fighting alone so he's fine by himself for a bit. Oh and where's Mojo? WHERE IS SIR MOJO!?!

Intimidate! 1d20+8 = (10) + 8 = 18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463141. znirp81
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (10) + 8 =
  • Intimidate!
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozzg's speed is listed as 30ft on his sheet, is it actually more? He seems to have moved 80ft instead of 60ft for a double move.

Also, using Intimidate to demoralise an opponent is a standard action so if Ozzg wishes to do that he would only be able to take a single move action, in which case he won't actually be able to demoralise the harpy as he needs to be withing 30ft of the creature to do this.

I will adjust Ozzg on the map for a 60ft double move for now, but if he can actually move further then please go ahead and readjust him.

Oh and Sir Mojo is back, he er must have been busy digging around in a mutilated corpse, but is back outside the temple now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the procession towards one of the harpies snakes across the temple floor, the other harpy bobs up and down on top of her pillar in glee then decides to join in the song, hoping to capture the victims her sister just missed. The sound of the second harpy's voice mixes in with the first one's with a perfect, bone-chilling harmony that threatens to lead the whole group to their death.

WILL(DC16)
Endo 1d20+4 = (1) + 4 = 5
Mr. Snuggles 1d20+4 = (1) + 4 = 5
Ozzg 1d20+4 = (19) + 4 = 23
Sir Mojo 1d20 = (3) = 3

Endo, Mr. Snuggles and Sir Mojo join their companions in falling victim to the power of the harpy song. Only Ozzg's stong mind manages to fight of their charms. The two birdlike women share a brief fearful look across at each other from atop their perches as they see the half-orc remains unaffected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463157. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 463158. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • [+]
  • 463159. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (19) + 4 =
  • [+]
  • 463160. greenclaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (3) =
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ffs... Save us Ozzg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the whole group save for Ozzg mindlessly walks towards them, the harpy that first started singing keeps up her song as she swoops down from her pillar towards Indo, swinging a morningstar towards the monk's head before continuing her flyby attack by swooping back up on top of her perch once again.

Swoooooooop!: 1d20+8 = (19) + 8 = 27 Indo want a cracker?: 1d8+1 = (8) + 1 = 9

The vicious birdwoman strikes Indo across the side of the head and a stream of blood begins to pour down the side of this face. Despite his injures, the monk maintains a smile on his face as he happily continues his walk towards the harpy's melodious voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463163. greenclaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (19) + 8 =
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 463164. greenclaw
  • 1d8+1 =
  • (8) + 1 =
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:41 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
INIT
23 Endo *captivated*
21 Indo *captivated* 15/24hp
21 Milo *captivated*
19 Ozzg
16 Hiram *captivated*
14 Tinma *captivated*
12 Harpy 1
10 Sir Mojo *captivated*
10 Harpy 2

LINK TO MAP

Endo
Indo
Milo
Ozzg
Hiram
Tinma
are up!

Endo must move towards harpy 1. Indo, Milo, Ozzg and Tinma towards harpy 2. Once you reach the base of the pillar you will then try to climb it.

The pillars here do not support the dome. Rather, each is about 25 feet tall, and the tentacle-like carvings encircling them provide handholds for climbing (DC 15 Climb).

Climbing
With a successful Climb check, you can advance up, down, or across a slope, wall, or other steep incline (or even across a ceiling, provided it has handholds) at one-quarter your normal speed. A slope is considered to be any incline at an angle measuring less than 60 degrees; a wall is any incline at an angle measuring 60 degrees or more. A Climb check that fails by 4 or less means that you make no progress, and one that fails by 5 or more means that you fall from whatever height you have already attained. The DC of the check depends on the conditions of the climb. Compare the task with those on the following table to determine an appropriate DC.

You need both hands free to climb, but you may cling to a wall with one hand while you cast a spell or take some other action that requires only one hand. While climbing, you can’t move to avoid a blow, so you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any). You also can’t use a shield while climbing. Anytime you take damage while climbing, make a Climb check against the DC of the slope or wall. Failure means you fall from your current height and sustain the appropriate falling damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram sheaths both swords and makes with the climbing.

Climb, climb climb climb to inevitable doom 1d20+12 = (4) + 12 = 16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463174. Rodafowa
  • 1d20+12 =
  • (4) + 12 =
  • Climb, climb climb climb to inevitable doom
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could a very impressive and possible spell enhanced jump be possible? And isn't one of the harpies in mid swoop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the high jump table in the acrobatics skill description, I don't think that is likely to be possible, but what spell have you got in mind?

If you want a tip, I think a well placed move and a readied attack against a possible swoop from the harpy might be the best course of action. Up to you, though. Otherwise, does Ozzg have any decent ranged capability?

..and no the harpy is not in mid swoop. They have the fly by attack ability which allows them to make an attack as part of their move action and continue the move. They have a very good fly speed as well so can swoop down and back in one move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo, used to being captivated from a stint in the Blakros museum, calmly walks towards the harpy, humming along to the tune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"OZGG NO DUMB DUMB! YOU'S COME DOWN AND FIGHT AND STOP STUPID SONG!" he bellows up at the harpies, his sword twirling in one hand as he stays by Sir Mojo readying for a attack.

Readying a attack for if I get swooped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, looks like we are in quite a pickle. Are we overly stupid in our current state and just stand in line if there is someone in front of us, or do we make a reasonable effort to go around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a reasonable effort to go around would be my interpreatation. Your intelligence is not affected, you are just under the sway of the song and your only desire is to move towards the sound of the song.

Oh, and yes quite a pickle. You guys always seem to one up yourselves with these sticky situations. If Ozzg had failed his WILL save we could have been talking new characters for the tier 1-2 scenario we would have been starting next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John, having peeked at the statblock (since it looks like Tinma is out of the combat), is it that bad? Can the harpies sing and attack at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't have to. One sings and the other attacks. So... Aren't we completely fucked? Sooner or later Ozgg is going to blow a save, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have looked into and it seems the song is similar to a bards performance. Standard action to start but then a free action to maintain. They sing while they work, their work being destroying and devouring their opponents.

...and I will get back to a proper update shortly. Weekends are busy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Yes, I have looked into and it seems the song is similar to a bards performance. Standard action to start but then a free action to maintain. They sing while they work, their work being destroying and devouring their opponents.

...and I will get back to a proper update shortly. Weekends are busy.

Ouch. We're screwed then. I was hoping that since the "song" was under sp. attacks, it meant that it would need a standard every round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo, entranced by the harpy's song, moves forward and attempts to climb the pillar.

Ooooh, looks like Indo has a +8 climb...of course.

Climb up to get knocked down 1d20+8 = (10) + 8 = 18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 464601. cobbz20
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (10) + 8 =
  • Climb up to get knocked down
  • Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 am
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] |