Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
702 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-02: In Wrath's Shadow» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Greenclaw's 4-02 - In Wrath's Shadow (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meanwhile Indo reflects on his studies. While he is unable to recall anything about Lissala that Halla hasn't already explained, he does recall some historical facts that might be of relevance.

Thassilon was the ancient empire that encompassed all of modern Varisia and beyond. It fell into ruin at the advent of Earthfall 10,000 years ago. It was ruled over by seven runelords, extremely powerful wizards who employed Thassilonian sin magic. Bakrakhan was the province of Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath, and Xin-Bakrakhan was her capital city.

Hollow Mountain, which broods over the ruins of Xin-Bakrakhan, is thought to hide endless subterranean spaces filled with wealth and danger. Some believe Alaznist herself is hidden within its unplumbed depths.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram sharpens his swords, listening to the prattle with vague, detached interest.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you have any more questions, ask them on the way. It's about a two mile trek to the dig site from here. Oh, and if you need any stores just let me know, but we have only the basic supplies. Rations, picks, shovels, candles, torches, rope. Just say what you need."

Halla leads the group from the harbour through the extensive ruins of the ancient city which begin a mere stone's throw from the shore. The temple site is quite a way's inland but the trip there is uneventful. Hulking mounds of the long-dead city are all around and the presence of Hollow Mountan and Alaznist's hateful visage glower high above.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. Did the boat have room for Milo's horse?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally the group arrives at the dig site which is littered with rocks, loose soil, and bits of excavation.

The breathtaking edifice is constructed of tightly fitted blocks of brown stone covered with intricate engravings depicting humans engaged in acts of terrible self-mutilation. A pillared portico girds the eastern front of the great temple, the carved columns resemble fat, coiled serpents. The structure stands about 20 feet tall, though a great dome rises out of the center another 20 feet. How this place could be more than 10,000 years old defies logic—some sorcery must have preserved the stone.

The stench of blood is the only greeting upon arrival at the excavated temple. Before an imposing stone structure lie a few stripped and eviscerated bodies bearing terrible wounds that go far beyond the marks of battle in their viciousness, and furrows in the fresh dirt indicating that others have been dragged inside. Halla covers her mouth to stifle a cry, then rushes to the side of one of the bodies, falling to her knees. “Kovo! Oh, Kovo, look how they butchered you!”

LINK TO MAP

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Damn. Did the boat have room for Milo's horse?

Sure, the horse is here if you like.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg carried it for you.

"Ozgg want to butcher!" Ozgg demands
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo ties Sleipnir to whatever solid thing there is before the temple and does the last trek on foot. The horse is just there to carry stuff. In case that's needed.

The bard goes through the gang, muttering to himself as he casts Resistance on everyone. "Right. Hiram. My man." Milo nods towards the temple before he casts Message unto the rogue, should he opt to do the whole sneaky sneak and scout thing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the outside it appears as if the main chamber might be dimly lit from light filtering in through the oculus of the large dome.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wait" Ozgg says then walks upto Hiram spits in his hand and mutters a few words before wiping it on the rogues armour.

Guidance, +1 to a attack roll or skill roll


"Hiram can go now"
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few moments of mourning over her colleague’s battered and bloody body, Halla rallies and aids in examining the gruesome scene. She reports that others are missing: Pathfinder Riemme Batelle, two dig workers named Pel and Saala, and four laborers. A check of the surrounding area doesn’t turn them up, though the group finds a masterwork longsword coated with dried blood, a half-full quiver of arrows, and a broken longbow—Halla identifies them as belonging to Riemme.

Approaching the portico, it’s visible that the northeastern wall has been breached. Halla was here just yesterday and claims all exterior surfaces were still intact—this demolition must have been recent. Halla insists that under no circumstances would Kovo or Riemme have allowed this to happen, especially without her presence. They agreed that the excavation team would wait for the party’s arrival before removing the barrier.

An intact version of the broken wall is on the portico’s southeastern face—irregularly shaped stones, much paler than the other stones of which the structure was built, mortared in place with dried clay.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo keeps an eye out on possible threats, while the others do the investigation.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram patiently waits for Team Magic Buff to finish doing their thing upon his person. "Righto, chaps. Back in a jiff. If you hear anything screaming, come running. Particularly if it's me, eh what?"

Swords drawn, he slips off into the temple's interior, keeping his eyes peeled for traps or anything else that might wish to put his insides on the outside.

Be vewy vewy quiet 1d20+13 = (2) + 13 = 15
I'm hunting something that eviscerates people. Although I'm not happy about it. 1d20+9 = (1) + 9 = 10

What's there to say that's not already been said? Jumping bloody Jehoshaphat.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 462619. Rodafowa
  • 1d20+13 =
  • (2) + 13 =
  • 15
  • Be vewy vewy quiet
  • Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 462620. Rodafowa
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (1) + 9 =
  • 10
  • I'm hunting something that eviscerates people. Although I'm not happy about it.
  • Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma confronts Halla in the meanwhile You're lying! This is just an elaborate set-up, isn't it. Where are the baddies coming from! she asks, pointing a gun to Halla's teary face.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Halla looks to Tinma in shock, the colour starting to rise in her face. "What are you saying young lady? How dare you question me in the midst of this tragedy. These men and women were my friends and colleagues. Who knows what horrible creatures and forces have been unleashed down there...what in the name of the gods are you suggesting? I was promised help here. If you have any shred of decency or compassion, help me find out what happened to my men and put a stop to this evil!"

She then turns to the rest of the group. "For the sake of the gods, control your friend. What on earth's gotten into her? I don't want to have to report her behaviour back to VC Heidmarch, but if this continues she'll leave me no choice."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Hiram begins to enter the temple Halla call out. "Good luck in there, but please I beg you don't mar any carvings or the like, as everything in there is a potentially priceless archaeological treasure! I'm going to make my way back to the camp at the shore. I hope to see you all back safely soon, and I anxiously await your report." With one last look back at the group, Halla starts her trek, her forlorn dishevelled form slowly making its way across the debris.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That lying jerk! Tinma whispers to herself out of Halla's earshot. She's definitely a fake.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram makes his way into the dimly lit chamber.

Eight great pillars each about 25 feet tall, larger versions of the serpentine columns found at the pillared portico, encircle an enormous mosaic on the floor. The tiles of fading greens, reds, and yellows form a seven-pointed star. The dome peaks about forty feet overhead, its center pierced by an oculus five feet across. Near the front of the temple are the remains of a marble statue, smashed to bits. What it once was is unclear, as the vandal did a rather thorough job destroying the ancient work of art.

Toward the back of the wide open space, a long, five-footdeep pool lies in this western alcove, empty now, though the irregular red-brown stains on its surfaces leave little doubt as to what once filled the basin. Standing at the center of the pool is an eighteen-foot-tall marble statue of a strange being. Its body is a tangle of tentacles and eyes surrounding a circular maw filled with jagged teeth and barbed stinging tongues. Each of the thing’s tentacles ends in a claw, pincer, hook, or some other implement of pain. Ancient paint flakes from the grand effigy, but glittering in the light are dozens of onyx gemstones adorning the statue where the being’s eyes are carved. It appears that something is strapped to one of the writhing appendages with red silk ribbons. On the floor of the pool itself are dozens of small stone figurines.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perception: 1d20+7 = (2) + 7 = 9
Perception: 1d20+7 = (11) + 7 = 18


As Hiram tries to sneak in, he manages to kick a particularly large stone and captures the attention of a creature within. Out of the dim room comes a hauntingly sad yet beautiful song that fills the whole chamber and flows out to the heroes lurking outside as well. Hiram has just enough time to look up and see what looks like two half woman half eagle-like creatures perched on top of two of the columns. One of them appears to be singing!

WILL(DC16)
Endo 1d20+4 = (15) + 4 = 19
Hiram 1d20+1 = (12) + 1 = 13
Indo 1d20+6 = (9) + 6 = 15
Ozzg 1d20+6 = (18) + 6 = 24
Milo 1d20+4 = (5) + 4 = 9
Mr. Snuggles 1d20+4 = (15) + 4 = 19
Sir Mojo 1d20+0 = (20) + 0 = 20
Tinma 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463061. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (2) + 7 =
  • 9
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 am
  • [+]
  • 463062. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (11) + 7 =
  • 18
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 am
  • [+]
  • 463066. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (15) + 4 =
  • 19
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 am
  • [+]
  • 463067. greenclaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (12) + 1 =
  • 13
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 am
  • [+]
  • 463068. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (9) + 6 =
  • 15
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 am
  • [+]
  • 463069. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (18) + 6 =
  • 24
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 am
  • [+]
  • 463070. greenclaw
  • 1d20+0 =
  • (20) + 0 =
  • 20
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am
  • [+]
  • 463071. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (15) + 4 =
  • 19
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am
  • [+]
  • 463072. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am
  • [+]
  • 463073. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The minds of Hiram, Indo, Milo and Tinma are infected by the power of the song and feel themselves drawn to its source. Captivated creatures must move towrds the captivating creature by the most direct means possible on their turn and can take no actions other than to defend themselves.

Knowledge Nature check for anyone who is able to make one to identify the creatures.

INIT
23 Endo
21 Indo *captivated*
21 Milo *captivated*
19 Ozzg
16 Hiram *captivated*
14 Tinma *captivated*
12 Creature 1
10 Sir Mojo
10 Creature 2



LINK TO MAP

Remember it is dim light inside. Unless you have darkvision like Ozzg there will be a 20% miss chance for all attacks without some sort of other light source.

Endo
Indo
Milo
Ozzg
Hiram
Tinma
are up!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463076. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (16) + 7 =
  • 23
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
  • [+]
  • 463077. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (10) + 6 =
  • 16
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
  • [+]
  • 463078. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
  • [+]
  • 463080. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (18) + 3 =
  • 21
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
  • [+]
  • 463081. greenclaw
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (9) + 5 =
  • 14
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
  • [+]
  • 463082. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am
  • [+]
  • 463083. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (17) + 2 =
  • 19
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 am
  • [+]
  • 463084. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (10) + 2 =
  • 12
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am
  • [+]
  • 463085. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (8) + 2 =
  • 10
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo, uncertain what is inside, slowly walks in and then waiits for the others to move.

Readying my standard action after the others have moved.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh-oh.

Tinma, momentarily enthralled, goes back to her trusting state.
Hi guys! That's some nice music of yours!

Someone help us!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ooooooh pretty!" Hiram plods across the chamber with a stupid smile on his face.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Such sweet music they make..." mumbles Milo, heading towards them.

What beast is this? 1d20+7 = (5) + 7 = 12

Is this a double movement one has to take? Yikes...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 463102. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (5) + 7 =
  • 12
  • What beast is this?
  • Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo recognises the creatures as harpies, but apart from the fact that it obviously has a captivating song can't remember anything else particularly useful about them.



Yes it is double moves, and it is actually Harpy 2 that is singing at the moment. Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I have updated everyone's position on the map who are under the effects of the song, including Indo and his wonderful 40ft base speed!

Ozzg

and Endo's readied action are up!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] |