Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2/Fighter 1 78307-2 Taldor
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 2/Druid 1 78727-1 Sczarni
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 2/Barbarian 1 78729-1 Andoran
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2/Bard 1 73392-2 Andoran
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 3 76206-3 ?
Tinma Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 3 64583-4 Andoran

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Roused from sleep and herded aboard the Winking Wyvern, the party sails urgently for Rivenrake Island and the ruins of Xin-Bakrakhan, ancient capital of the Thassilonian Runelord of Wrath. A note from Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch informs the group that a Society-funded dig team has uncovered a totally intact temple that appears to be associated with the goddess Lissala, buried for 10,000 years. Given the fresh revelations that this long-thought-dead cult is thriving and allied with the Aspis Consortium, it’s a truly wonderful find, providing an unprecedented opportunity to gain knowledge of this forgotten faith. Even if the site turns out to not be dedicated to Lissala, learning more about the faiths and practices of ancient Thassilon always provides an abundance of knowledge. Often the items they use in their rituals lead to clues about the cults.

By now the work crew has finished clearing the site—the time to explore its secrets is at hand. The Society has no exclusive contract to the site, and Aspis Consortium agents scour the countryside seeking such ripe targets, so time is of the essence. Archaeologists Halla Beusophis and Kovo Murse can answer questions when the group arrives, and a fellow Pathfinder ranger, Riemme Batelle, is already on the island, ready to join in this exciting endeavor. Sheila Heidmarch has given the party a charge: eliminate the ancient temple’s dangers so that Society scholars can study the ruins safely, and bring back whatever knowledge lies within.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma scans the letter, trying to find some method of verifying its authenticity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The letter was passed on by a trusted Pathfinder at the Lodge in Magnimar and bears all the necessary seals and authentications. Whatever they may be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'M THE GREATEST BARD IN ABSALOM!" shouts Milo, standing at the bow of the ship, before he gets sprayed down by some water. "Oh... bugger."

He gives up his selfpromotion and walks back to the others. "This is great. I'm really excited about this. A forgotten tomb dedicated to some goddess and the Aspis Consortium, who nearly killed us once, remember, and who knows what terrors from the nether and beyond and the thing has been awoken by our dear archeologists. And don't forget the cultists. Do not forget the cultists."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But I DON'T WANNA KILL CULTISTS! Tinma screams and starts crying.
L-l-last time I shot the people who Torch said to kill, he-he-h-he... Tinma continues to weep.
...e-even Ozg *snif* -ther!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo gets a bit taken back. "What's that now? What did you end up having to do for our benevolent leaders?" The bard reaches out and gives Tinma a few pats on the shoulders. "Remember, we're Pathfinders. We don't fire until fired upon. I'm sure we'll all make a point of first asking nicely if everyone we encounter would be so nice as to vacate the premises without the need for violence. The best fight is the one that never happens, yeah?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wha? Milo make no sense!" Ozgg says giving Milo a sideways stare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo stands on the ship's deck, lost in thought and watching the water. Mr. Snuggles sits near him and licks his chops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma
I... I suppose... bubububut. I killed Ozgg's brother cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I has brother?" He asks genuinely puzzled then suddenly grins "Mojo not brother, Mojo knight! Silly Tinma!" And pats her comfortingly on the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TInma
But the orc told me that...

Tinma suddenly starts to jump and barrel roll all around the ship, screaming IDIDN'TKILLOZGG'SBROTHER! repeatedly, filled with joy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo shudders at the thought of there ever having been two beings with the potential for mayhem like Ozzg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
"Remember, we're Pathfinders. We don't fire until fired upon."
Hiram raises an eyebrow. "Speak for yourself, old chap. Waiting 'till you're fired upon rather takes the fun out of it, what?"

The little thief regards Tinma wearily. Funny thing about peace and quiet. You never notice it until it's gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sea journey is uneventful, and the sloop’s crew gives the Pathfinders a wide berth, partially out of respect, partially out of superstitious dread at the destination. Only the captain, Haerla Skolet, is open to speaking with anyone.

Anyone may make Knowledge (history) or (religion) checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo, of course, is well versed in all things, a fountain of knowledge on all matters.

Knowledge, history 1d20+7 = (7) + 7 = 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 461815. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (7) + 7 =
  • Knowledge, history
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo thinks he remembers something about ancient Thassilon, maybe something to do with some wizardy guys who may or may not have been evil, but the details slip from his mind as he gets caught in the face by a particularly large spray from the waves and rushes inside to dry off his clothes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The harbor closest to the Xin-Bakrakhan dig silted over hundreds of years ago, so the Winking Wyvern drops anchor and sends the party ashore in a pair of launches. Greeting them are a half-dozen bedraggled souls living in rugged tents sufficient for four times their number. They're led by a grim-looking woman in work clothes, with signs of emotional strain and fatigue lining her face. She introduces herself as Halla Beusophis, lead archaeologist on the temple dig.

“Thank goodness you’ve arrived,” begins the careworn Pathfinder. “Two days ago workers at the dig site were attacked, by what or whom I don’t know. I was here at camp when it happened. Only a single worker escaped—Shadaq, who crawled back here, bleeding from a dozen terrible injuries. The wounds were mortal and none of us here possessed the skill to aid him. Before he died we got little information. He told us of the attack, said everyone had been, ‘gutted like game birds.’ His last words—as his eyes violently rolled back in his head—were ‘Lissala is angry, but so am I.’

“The six of us are all that’s left—myself and these five hired excavators. They’ve refused to go back to the site and I didn’t dare go alone. We’ve been huddled in these damned tents since Wealday, waiting for your arrival. I’ll take you to the dig myself, but I don’t know what we’ll find. If Shadaq’s words are true, it won’t be pretty. Only the gods know whether those same attackers lie in wait.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo tsks as he looks over the camp. "Terrible stuff. Is there anything we can do for your men before we leave?"

The bard will also inquire about this Lissala person, but one suspects it is a dead end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe you Tinma angrily states.

Prove that you were attacked, that there are only 6 of you, and that we can trust you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo stands quietly in the back, arms folderd, listening to Halla's story. His quarterstaff was tied over his shoulder with new cloth wrappings, which were part of his new set of robes. As the halflings question the archaeologist, he ponders her troubling words.

Knowledge - History 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21
Knowledge - Religion 1d20+5 = (4) + 5 = 9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 462253. cobbz20
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • Knowledge - History
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 462254. cobbz20
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (4) + 5 =
  • Knowledge - Religion
  • Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halla, too tired and rundown to fully register the venom in Tinma's unprovoked words, simply turns to the halfling with a confused look in her eye. "Why would you doubt me? Look around for yourself. You can see the conditions we've been living under here. Didn't you get briefed on our purpose here and why you've been sent? Can you help us or not?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...I think Tinma feels a sense of betrayal for injustices past." murmurs Milo and peers at the gunslinger. "You ok there? We can't have you losing it in the middle of a bad situation."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The woman also responds to Milo's question about Lissala. “Our understanding until recently was that her worship died with the collapse of Thassilon, though her worship was not appreciated by all of the Runelords. In the days of the empire she was a god who demanded discipline and obedience, harsh and exacting. Toward the end of the empire, worship became corrupted into a more brutal affair. Uncovered evidence shows that there was also a fair amount of demon worship taking place in Bakrakhan. Some of the carvings on the temple suggest human sacrifice and otherworldly creatures, though I need more time to study those carvings for real certainty. That's why your'e here-to make it safe for us to study."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Tinma is going to be this distrusting of every new Pathfinder she meets, she might need to invest in some Sense Motive, either that or consider a new career path!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] |