Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the Out of Character [OOC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for rules questions, character creation discussion and general chat or banter.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2/Fighter 1 78307-2 Taldor
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 2/Druid 1 78727-1 Sczarni
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 2/Barbarian 1 78729-1 Andoran
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2/Bard 1 73392-2 Andoran
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 3 76206-3 ?
Tinma Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 3 64583-4 Andoran

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the IC thread.

Housekeeping

1. Everyone's favourite rule...HAVE FUN!

2. If you have any questions or issues that are getting in the way of Rule No. 1 let me know and I am sure we can sort them out.

3. Please try to post regularly, at least once a day as a minimum during the week and at least once over the course of the weekend. I will check the thread at least twice a day but most likely more regularly than that.

4. If you are going to be absent or unable to post for an extended time please let me know so that we can work around this or at least be prepared.

5. Generally if someone hasn't taken an action or posted in a 24 hour period I will try and contact that person, but may 'ghost' that character to keep the story moving. If this occurs the character will either delay their action if in combat, or be considered as standing quietly at the back of the group if out of combat.

All rules are available free of charge at The Pathfinder SRD but please post any questions or rules clarifications in this thread and I will answer them ASAP.

Here are some useful/essential links if you want to read up on Pathfinder in general and Pathfinder Society play in particular:

Guide to Organised Play: Essential reading if you want to make take part in Pathfinder Society Play.
Additional Resources: Lists certain restrictions etc that pertain to Pathfinder Society Play
Paizo site: where you register your character and download and/or purchase Pathfinder resources etc.

and some excellent strategy blogs that have been passed on to me and are worth having a look at if you are so inclined:

Guide to the classes
Mergy's Methods
Strategy Articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try and get to Hero's Lab tonight and update Milo. But as I said, don't think there'll be any changes aside from more arrows (and, uuh, blunt arrows? silver? wraths, huh?).

How are we on the whole wand situation? Do I need Milo to pick up a new one? Can pick one up nevertheless. Not as if they're gonna go out of style
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg picked up a new one. Seems the ring is my best option so expect Ozgg to be posted in a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added Milo's horse this time. For the giggles. Also show some equipment that Milo has but doesn't necessarily carry around with him. From the desc on the RPG item I take it we're not in cozy Absalom.

Also, the horsie is carrying two silver weapon blanches. These are supposed to be applied (between scenarios) to 20 cold iron arrows, but I can't figure out how to get cold iron & silver arrows in Hero's Lab.

Only purchases were arrows and blunt arrows and the noble outfit that Milo bought in-game in last scenario.

Also bought a new wand of CLW, using prestige points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram's up, he's added a Ring Of Protection because all the well-dressed barbarians have them this season don'tchaknow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo is up. Hero Lab added a lot of useless shit, most probably thanks to one custom adjust I am using, I hope I have deleted them all and nothing of importance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo will be up tomorrow. He bought a ring of protection, cloak of resistance and replaced his antitoxin.

He also still has 45/50 charges left in his Wand of CLW, so that can be used as well when (not if) we need it.

Need to determine Indo's faction still. Will look into that tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma will be up during the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cobbz20 wrote:
Indo will be up tomorrow.

Need to determine Indo's faction still. Will look into that tomorrow.

Tomorrow, of course, meaning almost a week later. Still need to determine faction, but I don't want to hold us up.

Thanks for waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
If Tinma is going to be this distrusting of every new Pathfinder she meets, she might need to invest in some Sense Motive, either that or consider a new career path!

You misunderstand! Tinma is, due to last game's events, very distrusting. Part of the problem is that she is absolutely horrible at being able to detect truth and lies. She should swing back to normal in a couple of scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I understood completely. I hope it sorts itself out well before a couple of scenarios though. I don't think unjustly aggressive or threatening behaviour to other Pathfinders would be tolerated in the organisation. Tinma might find herself put on stress leave for a couple of scenarios if she is not careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
No, I understood completely. I hope it sorts itself out well before a couple of scenarios though. I don't think unjustly aggressive or threatening behaviour to other Pathfinders would be tolerated in the organisation. Tinma might find herself put on stress leave for a couple of scenarios if she is not careful.

Good idea! I kind of want to play Sir Dreisal with this group

Or maybe Loraedith!

Certainly Tinma will cool down in the end, but I thought that the last scenario would have a LOT of impact on her, and wanted to play up this impact. I'll try to lower the dial though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe you could play one of your non-annoying characters...oh, hang on you don't have any! Oh, maybe Hao-Shen...oh no but he has a habit of literally disappearing and going missing while everyone else fights the bad guys, so maybe he doesn't count either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Or maybe you could play one of your non-annoying characters...oh, hang on you don't have any! Oh, maybe Hao-Shen...oh no but he has a habit of literally disappearing and going missing while everyone else fights the bad guys, so maybe he doesn't count either.

Well, there's Fjotir, a bloody and vicious thug with a penchant for stabbing people in their innards. He's not PFS though

I don't think you've met Loraedith. He's a more ... controlled version of Lirithael. Unfortunately, he's a) not PFS, and b) dead.

Oh, actually, I DO have one 100% sane character, a level 2 dwarven monk, Ogrim. He is PFS, but I think he's out of level range.

You're free to ask me to swap out Tinma for Sir D, Hao Shen or Lirithael any time though! Hao's the only one who is level 3 though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving Tinma a base move of 30 is coming back to haunt me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm he is medium size and has fast movement and is only lightly loaded, that should be 40 feet. In hero lab it is written down as 40/30 speed. And the stat block came out as 30 speed.

So which is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't that extra speed while raging or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says I only lose it if I'm carrying a heavy load.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno, man. You can't move to protect us because everyone's going to keep making their way toward the harpies and hitting them in flight means you need a held attack which means you need to be stationary. You can't get to the harpies to attack them. That just leaves shooting at them, but it's really unlikely you can do enough damage to kill them before they pick the rest of us off, plus if you've got a bow in hand you open yourself up to getting swoop-attacked yourself.

In summary, I'm not seeing a way out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg has ok Climb so could I climb the tower and fight the harpy there? summon a creature on the tower? ENTANGLE THE BASTARDS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that Ozgg needs to kill harpy 2, since that one has entranced the most people.

Does Ozgg have anything to plug his ears with? Ear plugs...wax maybe? If he gets entranced, we're all doomed.

Maybe use either entangle or summon creature on harpy 1 to buy yourself some time while either having a ready action to attack if they come in range or climb the pillar?

If entangle would help keep the harpy 2 in range, maybe cast it on that one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
znirp81 wrote:
Ozgg has ok Climb so could I climb the tower and fight the harpy there? summon a creature on the tower? ENTANGLE THE BASTARDS?
Oh, Entangle's a possibility. The problem with climbing up is that, you know, they can fly. So they'll just bugger off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm it's all on Ozgg's shoulders now. Don't the earplugs so plan B is entangle. Ozgg's flow chart is: bad guy chop in half, can't get to bad guy use entangle and burn down house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually... I wonder what would happen if Ozgg readied an action to entangle in midflight...

Maybe one of the harpies will drop and take fall damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |