Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
426 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 1-35: Voice in the Void» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: residue's 1-35 - Voice in the Void [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for actual gameplay. OOC comments should be marked as such, for example by using the [ ooc ] tag.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Sakura Nij eddie_drood Ninja 2 52640-4 Cheliax
Adione cocuzzi Cleric 2 87646-1 Sczarni
Ajyka Ntombi Bearpaw Wizard 2 23847-1 Osirion
Nora St. Claire beekers Fighter 2 91872-1 Andoran
Ta’lon Bludhaven Hadda Magus 2 89983-1 Grand Lodge
Ilyana allyse Oracle 1 77969-3 Grand Lodge


Quick link to the OOC thread.
Quick link to Character Depository.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“There’s trouble at the Blakros Museum again,” Venture-Captain Adril Hestram growled when you first entered the meeting room in the Grand Lodge earlier this afternoon. “The museum’s curator, Nigel Aldain, came to me this morning asking for help."

"Apparently, a wayward daughter of his illustrious patrons, the powerful Blakros family, has disappeared, along with a few of the museum’s watchmen who went looking for her. The Society has helped him in the past, and he wants us to find her, before he loses his job, or worse. Now Nigel’s an old friend, and a former Pathfinder, but this kind of missing person case isn’t really our bailiwick. Normally I’d tell him to find the district guard and leave the Society out of it."

“But then he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. Not only will he allow the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s extensive and very private library, but apparently this same missing daughter just returned to Absalom with a pack full of ancient relics collected throughout Osirion and northern Garund. And Nigel promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy. I don’t need to tell you what those kinds of things might be worth, so it looks like you’re heading to the Blakros Museum tonight."

“The missing daughter is named Imrizade Blakros — half-Osirian herself and a pretty successful adventurer and fortunehunter by all accounts. She just arrived in Absalom out of the blue a few days ago, after a couple of years’ worth of tomb-raiding in the Osirian deserts, and carrying an odd metal cylinder covered in hieroglyphs, like nothing Nigel has ever seen before. Nigel says she went straight to the basement of the museum to do some research in the family’s library, muttering something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries,’ or something. He didn’t hear from her for a couple of days, which isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but he got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. He sent a watchman down there to investigate, and when he didn’t return, Nigel sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either."

“Go to the museum and find out what happened to Imrizade Blakros and the watchmen. Nigel would prefer them alive, of course, especially the Blakros woman, but the Society is more interested in what she brought back with her. I’ve got a hunch it wasn’t just grave goods and pretty jewelry. Whatever she found, the Society wants it, or at the very least some information about it.”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ebony skinned woman, standing in the corner of the room, looks up from the tiny reptilian creature sleeping at her feet.

"Again with the museum? That Nigel seems to need rescuing every other week. What, if anything, do we know about what lies in the Blakros Museum's basement?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura, looking slightly puzzled, asks,

"Excuse me, she's lost in her own family's building? And there may be assassins in there and they do not know? This family needs new guards, certainly!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A flash of annoyance pass over the VCs face. "Yes, the museum, and yes, Nigel. Again. I swear that damn man wouldn't be fit to oversee the latrine in the least of our lodges. It's a basement. It probably contains dust and boxes of whatever stuff they have deemed unfit for public display. I'm sure it's perfectly... Well, it's not going to be safe. A few museum guards missing? That's bad news."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Another damsel in distress?" Adione asks.

"Perhaps this damsel's assassins will be more interesting than the last. Though her use of magic at least made sure Ta'lon was unconscious during the rescue, so I'll grant her a bonus for that one..." Adione says, nudging Ta'lon.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



"Always the comedian, Adione, we shall see who gets more notches on his scabbard."

Turing to Ajyka Ntombi
"It is good to see a fellow practitioner of The Art. I am Ta'lon Bludhaven, what name do you go by?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The woman gives a slight nod towards Ta'lon, before answering, "My name is Ajyka, and this here little fellow is called Isoke," motioning towards the sleeping dinosaur at her feet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

"Since this is your first time adventuring with us, I shall introduce the group. The tall brute over there with the great sword and large tusks is Adione, our combat medic if you will. The Lady in Black is our resident sneak, Sakura Nij. The tall blond is the muscle of the group and her name is Nora St. Claire. And last but not least, the lithe archer Ilyana."

"Now, on to the matter at hand. I have heard of the Blakros Museum, and know that it has had trouble in the past that the Society has been able to help with. Is there any more we should know before we attempt a rescue mission, Venture-Captain Hestram?"
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadda wrote:



"Always the comedian, Adione, we shall see who gets more notches on his scabbard."

Turing to Ajyka Ntombi
"It is good to see a fellow practitioner of The Art. I am Ta'lon Bludhaven, what name do you go by?"

"Excellent introductions, but why bother with a scabbard?"

no, seriously, Adione basically never lets go of his sword. bring it on.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ta'lon slowly rubs a hand down his face and adjusts his wings to drape about his shoulders like a cloak, and looks at Adione with a grin

"Figure of speech my friend, not unlike notches in a bed post..."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adril grunts and looks at the assembled Pathfinders. "Ah yes, you're not all acquinted with each other. Looks like you have trouble keeping the fifth wheel rolling, yeah?" he chuckles and moves to his desk that is groaning under the weight of his overdue paperwork. Not much of an administrator. Nevertheless, he pulls out an old report and looks it over.

"MMm. Yes, here it is. Ajyka has already been helping out the society and the Blakros once already as to regarding the museum. Some downright awful business that, what?"

As to your questions the VC starts flipping through his papers, frowning...

I'm taking a tiny bit of liberty here. You're supposed to do the research yourself, but since that'd only consist of a couple of dicerolls anyway I'm gonna roll the dice in question myself, taking your skills into account, and have the VC give you the reports, rather than you snatching them from the air outside the briefing. Paizo, I'm not ruining your scenario, I'm improving it.

Sakura's Knowledge (local) 1d20+4 = (20) + 4 = 24
Sakura's Diplomacy 1d20+6 = (18) + 6 = 24
Ilyana's Diplomacy 1d20+7 = (12) + 7 = 19
Ilyana's Knowledge (local) 1d20+4 = (20) + 4 = 24
Ajyka's Knowledge (history) 1d20+8 = (15) + 8 = 23

If I missed someone's Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (history) or Diplomacy, holler some.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 453874. residue
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Sakura's Knowledge (local)
  • Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am
  • [+]
  • 453875. residue
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (18) + 6 =
  • 24
  • Sakura's Diplomacy
  • Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am
  • [+]
  • 453876. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (12) + 7 =
  • 19
  • Ilyana's Diplomacy
  • Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am
  • [+]
  • 453877. residue
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Ilyana's Knowledge (local)
  • Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am
  • [+]
  • 453879. residue
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (15) + 8 =
  • 23
  • Ajyka's Knowledge (history)
  • Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems his papers are in a lot better order than the piles let on. After only a few seconds of looking Adril pulls out a file he starts to flip through, reading out loud and adding whatever his memory provides as it is poked at by the reports.

"Yes yes yes... the Blakros. They've got quite the wealth stashed away. Some might call them mad, those of learning tend to use the word eccentric. What? You've had some run ins with the Aspis, have you not? Well, the Blakros have a trade network that rival even those bastards. They tend to deal in antiquities, their caravans passing over the Taldor-Qadira border, and probably not always with all the proper documentation in order, one would gather.

Now, as for the family members themselves, it's the women one has to look out for. Their daughters all tend to turn out pretty, and the dowry they bring is nothing to shake a stick at. Not even in the marriage bed. What? What? Hrm.

Anyway, with beauty and riches attached to them they tend to be rather sought after for marriage, and the Blakros have been given their fair share of gifts from would be suitors and their families. Some of those gifts tend to end up in the museum. So we all benefit. Greatly. What?

There's also talk that the Blakros deal with the trade of secrets. With their daughters married off to every prince and duke and robber baron in all of Golarion they have plenty of informants in every court and castle. Not too shabby a racket, if I may say so myself."


He tosses away the file and pulls up another, hmming slightly.

"As for the museum, well, it has a bit of a history. It's not all fun and apes, what? What?

Our research has dug up that the original builder of the building that's now the museum was one Ralzeros the Overwatched. Apparently he was also called the mad astrologer. This was back in the early days of Absalom, mind you, thousands of years ago. He wanted an observatory to study distant worlds and, now this is ancient hearsay mind you, perhaps in hopes of that he in return would be studied by them.

Seems like he left the stage after a mage-duel with another fellow. Skip a few centuries or so, and then Blakros bought the place and now it's a museum with a rather horrific mortality rate among its employers."

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



"well we specialize in places with horrific mortality rate"

Ta'lon says with a sly grin
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Who's to say she didn't just run off and fence the goods for herself? Maybe she doesn't need rescuing at all. Not all women are helpless damsels."
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beekers wrote:
"Who's to say she didn't just run off and fence the goods for herself? Maybe she doesn't need rescuing at all. Not all women are helpless damsels."

Sakura laughs at Nora's suggestion, then says "I doubt she'd think so small as just fencing it off. Perhaps she's amassing forces in secret to take over the family, and some unlucky guards found out?

"And hopefully, we'll be the ones causing the high mortality rate this time."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


"Indeed, while I was not bleeding out on the floor, I did spend some time on it and I would like to avoid that this time around... "
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well I am ready to go. Shall we proceed? And don't worry Ta'lon, you can stay behind me this time so you don't get hurt."

What what? Did Nora just try to flirt with Ta'lon??
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura nods at Nora's suggestion, and giggles happily at the thought of trying out new ways of killing people while heading out the door to the Blakros Museum.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ta'lon replies to Nora with a wink:
"I thank you for the offer, Nora, but I am more of a 'face to face' kind of guy. Let us be off to the museum!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With the briefing concluded and our heroes eager to get their hands dirty and perhaps up their personal bodycount they set off to the Museum. It's located in Absalom's Wise Quarter and easily located.

The curator, a nervous looking elf harkening to the name of Nigel, poor man, greets the heroes and quickly ushers them to the north exhibit hall where a ziggurat has been erected. He pretends not to remember Ajyka from their previous encounter and instead prattles on about the basement, how he has no earthly idea about what's going on down there, but it's filled with antiquities ("So please be careful and don't make a mess!") and that the museum’s basement primarily consists of storage rooms containing those pieces of the Blakros family’s vast collection that are not on display in the museum above. The basement also holds the family’s private archives, an impressive compilation of scrolls, manuscripts, and correspondence, as well as a scriptorium where texts can be copied ("So no fires. Oh, but, uuh, it's not lit down there so you'd better bring something to light you way. Ok? Best of luck and make sure you bring back poor Imrizade alive.").
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A 50-foot-long stone ramp concealed beneath the miniature ziggurat descends 25 feet to the basement. Wide enough to accommodate a
draft horse moving large exhibits to and from the basement storerooms, the ramp ends at two sets of double doors, facing each other to the east and west. Wooden placards on the doors are marked "Storeroom 1" and "Storeroom 2."

Where would you like to go from here? And how are you going to do with the (lack of) lights?

North is apparently to the right on this map, but for the sake of simplicity, when talking about movement we'll assume that north is up, yes?

Also, this time around I've set the map on googledocs so it can only be viewed and not edited. This is to avoid confusion with the whole "did the player move the token his/herself or am I supposed to?"-issue. We'll see how it goes.

MAP

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilyana will cast light on her quarterstaff that she is wearing on her back and takes her bow out, just in case. "That will do for now. So wich door first?" She asks at nobody in particulair.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Ta'lon activates his Wayfinder located around his neck, producing more light for group to see with and then draws his sword.

"I have always been fond of the 'right-hand rule,' if you have no other way to figure out which way to go, then always go right" In the case of this map, 'up' or "north"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The gang saunters off into the room marked "Storeroom 1"...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] |