Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
166 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 1-37: The Beggar's Pearl» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: n2f's Beggar's Pearl IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario, "The Beggar's Pearl".

The Players:
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Browsers, curious onlookers and lurkers please check out our guild here if you're interested in some honest to goodness Pathfinder Society action. Thumb this thread if you love RPG!

PC Geeklist is here!

OOC thread here!

Initiative
+7 Lin Xiu Ying
+4 Dartanian
+4 Onora Badrya
+2 Kaima
+2 KADRUN

Please subscribe!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my Precioussss...


An autumn chill filled the Pathfinder Society’s chapter house in Almas as Venture-Captain Brackett briefed you. Normally brash and outgoing, the hatchet-faced veteran’s face instead wore an expression of guarded concern. “I need you to venture into the Aspodell Mountains between Cheliax and Andoran; a dwarven prospector there seeks a lost dwarven site and we want in on his expedition. The prospector’s name is Torvic and he’s obsessively searched for years, hoping to find the hidden galleries of his ancestor, the dwarven craftsman Barek Triongger.”

At this point, the chapter’s librarian Wystorn Telfyr stepped forward and from a small wooden case, he produced several tattered scrolls and a gleaming, strangely phosphorescent pearl. “We recently acquired these from a man called Beggar. They describe the Gallery of Wonders built by Barek Triongger during the death throes of the dwarven Empire of Tar Khadurrm.”

Picking up the strangely-glowing pearl, the librarian continued, “These pearls are only found in the deepest of the Darklands’ seas. While not especially valuable, a cache of these would be a rare find. Divinations revealed that Barek apparently used this one as a key. We could claim substantial favors from the dwarves of Emperor’s Peak should we discover what it’s a key for.”

Venture-Captain Brackett took over. “I’m wagering that Beggar stole these items, as the likelihood of a wandering vagabond possessing legally acquired dwarven heirlooms seems small. Looking through these documents and comparing them to Pathf inder Chronicles on the matter, it’s clear that this Torvic is onto something.” Brackett cocked a thumb toward Telfyr.

“Our librarian was able to glean some information from Beggar about where he acquired these items and was also able to divine a likely location where the dwarf might be holed up. Find him and make an alliance with him; hopefully, he’ll want his pearl back and will show you the way to the Gallery of Wonders.”

Let's see a
1) Appraise or Know Dungeoneering check
2) Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (local) check
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wait, I'm confused," says Dartanian. "You say you hope Torvic wants his pearl back. But wasn't this Barek's pearl?"

Dartanian examines the pearl curiously.

Appraise 1d20+1 = (3) + 1 = 4
Knowledge (Local) 1d20+5 = (13) + 5 = 18

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 451955. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (3) + 1 =
  • 4
  • Appraise
  • Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 451956. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (13) + 5 =
  • 18
  • Knowledge (Local)
  • Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brackett looks at Dartanian curiously, "Barek is Torvic's ancestor. The pearl belongs to Barek and is Torvic's family heirloom.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dartanian nods thoughtfully. "Well, then, that would explain it. So you think Beggar stole these items from Torvic."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Aspodell Mountains?" Kadrun's face looks a little strained "I grew up near there... I hope we don't- where exactly do you think we can find this dwarf?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiu Ying listens as the Venture-Captain briefs them, without asking any questions herself, at least for the moment. She regards Kadrun with interest as she reacts to the location of their mission.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Dartanian nods thoughtfully. "Well, then, that would explain it. So you think Beggar stole these items from Torvic."


Brackett shrugs, "An itinerant wandering vagabond suddenly producing dwarven heirlooms for sale? You do the math."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
"The Aspodell Mountains?" Kadrun's face looks a little strained "I grew up near there... I hope we don't- where exactly do you think we can find this dwarf?"

Brackett speaks abit louder, as Kadrun apparently did not hear him the first time, "Telfyr has already divined the likely location of this dwarf Torvic."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
Brackett speaks abit louder, as Kadrun apparently did not hear him the first time, "Telfyr has already divined the likely location of this dwarf Torvic."

Kadrun frowns, her obvious worry quickening her temper, "Yes, but I hope he divined something a a little more useful than 'in the Aspodell mountains'. I happen to know they're quite big!"
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
not2fear wrote:
Brackett speaks abit louder, as Kadrun apparently did not hear him the first time, "Telfyr has already divined the likely location of this dwarf Torvic."

Kadrun frowns, her obvious worry quickening her temper, "Yes, but I hope he divined something a a little more useful than 'in the Aspodell mountains'. I happen to know they're quite big!"

"Since you seem to know something about the mountains, I'm sure the team will be in good hands with you leading the way. Run along now. It is the birthday of Consul Andares' only daughter and I have a party to attend."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
"Wait, I'm confused," says Dartanian. "You say you hope Torvic wants his pearl back. But wasn't this Barek's pearl?"

Dartanian examines the pearl curiously.

Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+1 = (3) + 1 = 4 (Appraise)
Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+5 = (13) + 5 = 18 (Knowledge (Local))


Dartanian does not recall anything relevant at this point in time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The journey from Almas up into the Aspodell Mountains is uneventful, save for dismal frigid rains. In the plains, the dreary autumn weather carries promises of a harsh winter, but the mountain weather is much worse. Telfyr’s divinations placed Torvic’s location in a cave about four days’ hike from Piren’s Bluff in northwestern Andoran.
After enduring weeks of relentless mountain wind and sleeting rain, clambering past jagged stone faces and slogging through ice-crusted mud, the PCs finally reach the valley holding Torvic’s encampment. Gnarled conifers surround the mountain trail, their fallen needles carpeting the rocky valley. The trail cuts back and forth upslope toward the cave described by Telfyr. A plume of smoke rises the cave’s mouth.

Perception check please!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dartanian Perception 1d20+7 = (19) + 7 = 26

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452459. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (19) + 7 =
  • 26
  • Perception
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaima has been quiet. A new group of Pathfinders she needs to get to know. So far the small talk during the journey assured her they would probably get along just fine and she could trust them.

Getting nearer to the cave she stops for a moment. The trail is tempting. Someone is here though.

Perception Kaima 1d20+7 = (18) + 7 = 25
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452468. Narl
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (18) + 7 =
  • 25
  • Perception Kaima
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 pm
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Appraise 1d20+5 = (7) + 5 = 12
Knowledge (history) from storytelling trait 1d20+5+1 = (14) + 5 + 1 = 20


Xiu Ying trudges with her companions up toward the cave, staying relatively quiet but occasionally reflecting on a change in the weather, or sharing stories by night of their last adventure in Ravenmoor. Only on one occasion, when the weather is at its dreariest, does she remark something to the effect of, "I think there must be agents who were closer to these mountains than us!"

perception 1d20+7+1 = (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452504. prog_frog
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (7) + 5 =
  • 12
  • Appraise
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 452506. prog_frog
  • 1d20+5+1 =
  • (14) + 5 + 1 =
  • 20
  • Knowledge (history) from storytelling trait
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 452509. prog_frog
  • 1d20+7+1 =
  • (20) + 7 + 1 =
  • 28
  • perception
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:44 pm
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadrun was glad when the party left Perin's Bluff, it felt incredibly awkward being back there after all this time. The open air and physical exertion of mountain climbing restored her calm and she seemed unbothered by the weather, unlike Pala, who is sulking with sodden fur. Admiring the view, Kadrun sees the plume of smoke rising from the cave and looks closer Perception 1d20+8 = (4) + 8 = 12
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452542. Jowolf
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (4) + 8 =
  • 12
  • Perception
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:10 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Dartanian Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+7 = (19) + 7 = 26 (Perception)


Xiu ying, Kaima and Dartanian hear a scream and sounds of battle from inside the cave. Rushing in, the party sees a pair of curious humanoids and a giant ant standing over a dwarf...



6d20 = (17 + 9 + 11 + 12 + 3 + 11) = 63
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452572. not2fear
  • 6d20 =
  • (17 + 9 + 11 + 12 + 3 + 11) =
  • 63
  • Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:55 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative
24 Lin Xiu Ying
15 Onora Badrya
14 Kaima
13 Dartanian
11 GM
5 KADRUN


Xiu ying, Onora, Kaima and Dartanian are up!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiu Ying pounces on the closest of the little blue humanoids, drawing her twin blades as she leaps towards them.

Wakizashi #1 atk 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22
wakizashi #1 dam 1d6+2+2d6 = (4) + 2 + (5 + 5) = 16

Wakizashi #2 atk 1d20+7 = (17) + 7 = 24
wakizashi #2 dam 1d6+1+2d6 = (6) + 1 + (5 + 1) = 13
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452719. prog_frog
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (15) + 7 =
  • 22
  • Wakizashi #1 atk
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 452720. prog_frog
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (17) + 7 =
  • 24
  • Wakizashi #2 atk
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 452721. prog_frog
  • 1d6+2+2d6 =
  • (4) + 2 + (5 + 5) =
  • 16
  • wakizashi #1 dam
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 452722. prog_frog
  • 1d6+1+2d6 =
  • (6) + 1 + (5 + 1) =
  • 13
  • wakizashi #2 dam
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:45 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dartanian rushes the other humanoid.

Attack 1d20+9 = (4) + 9 = 13 Damage 1d8+3 = (7) + 3 = 10 (+2 on the attack if he can manage to flank with Xiu Ying)

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452757. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (4) + 9 =
  • 13
  • Attack
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm
  • [+]
  • 452758. Brent Johnson
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Damage
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
prog_frog wrote:
Xiu Ying pounces on the closest of the little blue humanoids, drawing her twin blades as she leaps towards them.

prog_frog previously rolled 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22 (Wakizashi #1 atk)
prog_frog previously rolled 1d6+2+2d6 = (4) + 2 + (5 + 5) = 16 (wakizashi #1 dam)

prog_frog previously rolled 1d20+7 = (17) + 7 = 24 (Wakizashi #2 atk)
prog_frog previously rolled 1d6+1+2d6 = (6) + 1 + (5 + 1) = 13 (wakizashi #2 dam)

Xiuying cuts down BOTH the little blue humanoids in a flash!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Dartanian rushes the other humanoid.

Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+9 = (4) + 9 = 13 (Attack) Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d8+3 = (7) + 3 = 10 (Damage) (+2 on the attack if he can manage to flank with Xiu Ying)


Dartanian takes on the only target left- the giant ant. Fortunately he manages to flank it with Xiuying and cracks the chitinous hide.

10 dmg

Onora and Kaima are up!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Onora aims and fires an arrow at the beast.

Attack with Point Blank Shot and Precise shot 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17
Arrow 1d6+2 = (3) + 2 = 5
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 452765. Otterjets
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Attack with Point Blank Shot and Precise shot
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 452766. Otterjets
  • 1d6+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Arrow
  • Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Otterjets wrote:
Onora aims and fires an arrow at the beast.

Otterjets previously rolled 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17 (Attack with Point Blank Shot and Precise shot)
Otterjets previously rolled 1d6+2 = (3) + 2 = 5 (Arrow)

Onora's arrow finds a chink in the chitin...

15 Dmg
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |