Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
398 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-03: Murder on the Silken Caravan» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: n2f's Murder on the Silken Caravan IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heading east in all haste, the party finds Ben-Garri and his band of merry lepers filling their waterskins at the well, in preparation for a long journey...

They are 50' away now, next to a well, and have not spotted the PCs in the narrow alleys.

And no, the scenario has not provided a map for this encounter.

Go ahead and take a surprise round.


7d20 = (6 + 5 + 7 + 8 + 4 + 12 + 5) = 47
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449633. not2fear
  • 7d20 =
  • (6 + 5 + 7 + 8 + 4 + 12 + 5) =
  • 47
  • Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:46 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha casts Protection from Evil upon himself.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to have caught up, Pascal steps forward and launches a chakram in the group's general direction.

Attack at range 2 1d20+6-2 = (12) + 6 - 2 = 16
Damage 1d6+1 = (1) + 1 = 2
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449326. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20+6-2 =
  • (12) + 6 - 2 =
  • 16
  • Attack at range 2
  • Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 449327. MikeHadfield
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Damage
  • Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasha launches an icicle at the main cultist.

Attack roll vs. touch: 1d20+2 = (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 = (4) = 4
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449362. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Attack roll vs. touch:
  • Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 449363. Bearpaw
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Damage:
  • Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, there are those stinkin' thieves...does this mean we don't need to ride on those blasted camels now? I'll drink to that!" The dwarf quickly draws his longbow 'Misery' and lets an arrow fly towards Ben-Garri.

Attack: 1d20+4 = (1) + 4 = 5 Damage: 1d8 = (8) = 8

"Stupid, pansy elf weapon...don't know why I bother carryin' this piece a junk!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449574. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • 5
  • Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 am
  • [+]
  • 449575. greenclaw
  • 1d8 =
  • (8) =
  • 8
  • Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pascal's chakram hits Ben-Garri in the calf, drawing blood! Surprisingly, Sasha's poorly aimed icicle hits the jackal masked priest as well!

Boftil's 'Misery' lives up to its name as the arrow misses!

Jenna and Hajime still to act in surprise round!

Initiative
13 Jeptha
12 Pascal
11 Jenna
10 Hajime
10 Sasha
8 GM 6 dmg
6 Boftil


Jeptha, Pascal, Jenna, Hajime and Sasha may take their normal actions!

Ben-Garri and the 3 lepers with him are startled by the sudden assault and begin to turn towards their assailants...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hajime will run up to the lepers in full defense.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasha doesn't hesitate and throws another icicle at their enemy.

Icicle vs. touch: 1d20+2 = (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 = (1) = 1
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449695. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (4) + 2 =
  • 6
  • Icicle vs. touch:
  • Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 449696. Bearpaw
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Damage:
  • Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawing his greatsword, Jeptha charges the priest.

Charging Power Attack 1d20+6+2-1 = (5) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 12 Damage 2d6+6+3 = (6 + 3) + 6 + 3 = 18

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449822. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+6+2-1 =
  • (5) + 6 + 2 - 1 =
  • 12
  • Charging Power Attack
  • Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 am
  • [+]
  • 449823. Brent Johnson
  • 2d6+6+3 =
  • (6 + 3) + 6 + 3 =
  • 18
  • Damage
  • Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Sasha doesn't hesitate and throws another icicle at their enemy.

Bearpaw previously rolled 1d20+2 = (4) + 2 = 6 (Icicle vs. touch
Bearpaw previously rolled 1d6 = (1) = 1 (Damage

The icicle has trouble forming properly in the stifling and dry desert air and splutters harmlessly onto the ground...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Drawing his greatsword, Jeptha charges the priest.

Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+6+2-1 = (5) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 12 (Charging Power Attack) Brent Johnson previously rolled 2d6+6+3 = (6 + 3) + 6 + 3 = 18 (Damage)


Jeptha charges in, powered by the anger that this Lamashtu priest would dare to defile the valiant and noble venture-captain's remains. In one swift blow, he cleaves the jackal head from the body.

The lepers, seeing the sacred priest killed before their eyes, wail in anguish and move in, heedless of the danger to their own lives...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sorry! Should have posted this for the Surprise Round for the extra damage.

Jenna will also charge in and will try to stop a leper in his tracks.

Shortsword Attack 1d20+6+2 = (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage 1d6+2 = (4) + 2 = 6
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449947. Mavis101
  • 1d20+6+2 =
  • (4) + 6 + 2 =
  • 12
  • Shortsword Attack
  • Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 449948. Mavis101
  • 1d6+2 =
  • (4) + 2 =
  • 6
  • Damage
  • Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:21 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
Very sorry! Should have posted this for the Surprise Round for the extra damage.

Jenna will also charge in and will try to stop a leper in his tracks.

Mavis101 previously rolled 1d20+6+2 = (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 (Shortsword Attack)
Mavis101 previously rolled 1d6+2 = (4) + 2 = 6 (Damage)

Jenna cuts down one of the lepers easily!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
Mavis101 wrote:
Very sorry! Should have posted this for the Surprise Round for the extra damage.

Jenna will also charge in and will try to stop a leper in his tracks.

Mavis101 previously rolled 1d20+6+2 = (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 (Shortsword Attack)
Mavis101 previously rolled 1d6+2 = (4) + 2 = 6 (Damage)

Jenna cuts down one of the lepers easily!

Wow, they are not very tough!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
not2fear wrote:
Mavis101 wrote:
Very sorry! Should have posted this for the Surprise Round for the extra damage.

Jenna will also charge in and will try to stop a leper in his tracks.

Mavis101 previously rolled 1d20+6+2 = (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 (Shortsword Attack)
Mavis101 previously rolled 1d6+2 = (4) + 2 = 6 (Damage)

Jenna cuts down one of the lepers easily!

Wow, they are not very tough!

Welcome to Season 0!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving things along- losing momentum
The valiant pathfinders have no problem beating down the remaining lepers.

After securing the corpse of Targos Min-Katheer and preparing it for travel, the PCs find that the Pathfinder Society has arranged for a number of domesticated dromedary (one-humped) camels to serve as their mounts as they cross the high desert and make for Katheer. One camel is provided for each PC, including sufficient supplies and waterskins to make the trip, and another camel is granted to bear the shrouded body of the deceased venture-captain during the journey. Riding these trained creatures requires no special skill, but fighting while atop one or to attack in the manner of a warhorse requires the usual Ride checks.

Despite having the necessary means of transportation, the PCs will still require assistance in crossing the desert on the trade road. This is best accomplished by joining one of the so-called “silken caravans” that traverse the Silken Way. The Pathfinder Society contacts in Lopul direct the PCs to one such caravan master whom the PCs can bargain with for passage with a caravan.

The caravan in question is run by a Qadiri noblewoman of the deep desert tribes named Jamila al-Shafah. She is a dark-skinned beauty with henna-streaked hair and green eyes highlighted with kohl. She dresses in traditional desert rider garb, although the luxurious fabrics and cosmopolitan cuts display her wealth and success as a trader of silks and precious stones of the desert. She can be found at a caravanserai at the edge of Lopul where she is taking on the final few travelers to join her caravan. The PCs find her seated at a table with a large Taldan man in battered but serviceable half-plate armor (Gaspar du Mer), a shorter Qadiri man in a city-dweller’s vest and fez (Mahmoud), and an Osirian trader in white robes with an elaborate gemstudded pectoral (Hokama Pashket).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamila asks, "How can I help you?"

Give me Diplomacy, Perception and Know Planes checks!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha says, "We are bound for Katheer, and are unfamiliar with desert travel. We wish to join your caravan."

Take 10 on Diplomacy with +8, or +10 if permitted to cast Enhanced Diplomacy before entering.

EDIT: Forgot: Perception 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 451111. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (13) + 1 =
  • 14
  • Perception
  • Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 pm
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplo Aid 1d20+3 = (3) + 3 = 6

Perception 1d20+2 = (5) + 2 = 7

Nervous after their encounter with the strange cult, Pascal practically cuts Jeptha off in her haste to speak.

We've our own supplies and camels as well, and can hold our own if there's fighting.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 451073. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (3) + 3 =
  • 6
  • Diplo Aid
  • Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 pm
  • [+]
  • 451074. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (5) + 2 =
  • 7
  • Perception
  • Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"We're pathfinders, traversing the desert to take home one of our own, venture-captain Min-Katheer," Sasha adds.

Diplomacy: 1d20+1 = (9) + 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20+10 = (7) + 10 = 17
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 451104. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (9) + 1 =
  • 10
  • Diplomacy:
  • Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 451106. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (7) + 10 =
  • 17
  • Perception:
  • Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Come dawn, I'll be memorizing remove sickness to hopefully help me get rid off my leprosy.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Come dawn, I'll be memorizing remove sickness to hopefully help me get rid off my leprosy.

You need Remove Disease for that. We will deal with it after the scenario.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Jeptha says, "We are bound for Katheer, and are unfamiliar with desert travel. We wish to join your caravan."

Take 10 on Diplomacy with +8, or +10 if permitted to cast Enhanced Diplomacy before entering.

EDIT: Forgot: Brent Johnson previously rolled 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14 (Perception)


Jamila is initially reluctant to allow the party to join the caravan, stating that the caravan is full and any further additions will slow her down. However, with no other caravans heading out west for several days, Jeptha's impassioned plea makes her reconsider. When the subject of targos' remains is raised, she agrees immediately out of respect for the departed hero.


"Meet up with the caravan fully outfitted and ready to go at Lopul's west gate at the next dawn"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boftil paces and back and forth at the rear of the party as Jeptha converses with Jamila, muttering grumpily under his breath. Select words here and there drift into hearing of those in the group. "...camels....flea-ridden...drier than the crack of a...take Regret and...casket of rum...ungodly hour...more filthy camels, this is a joke!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
"Meet up with the caravan fully outfitted and ready to go at Lopul's west gate at the next dawn"
Jeptha nods. "Thank you. We will be there."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |