Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
398 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-03: Murder on the Silken Caravan» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: n2f's Murder on the Silken Caravan IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll wait a bit for everyone to post before moving away from this scene
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha continues to stare at Ben-garri until someone takes his arm and pulls him away. After a minute or so, he says, "We are in danger."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hajime, after leaving the premises, lets the other pathfinders know that he was a devout of Lamashtu, demon goddess of madness and monsters.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Jeptha continues to stare at Ben-garri until someone takes his arm and pulls him away. After a minute or so, he says, "We are in danger."


Danger? From whom? Mask-guy?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha merely blinks. Finally he says slowly, "I know not. But I feel it."

Suddenly, Jeptha's hand reaches out and grabs Sasha's arm. "It will come. You will be ready."

For up to 4 times per day, if Sasha is within 30' of Jeptha when initiative is rolled, she gets the higher of two rolls.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lamashtu?" Sasha asks, alarmed. "I thought there was something weird with those guys. I have a bad feeling about this, we should go back immediately. Worshippers of Lamashtu are bad news."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pascal looks at Sasha in surprise, "Go back? Surely this can't be any worse than going into that spooky graveyard.

We're pathfinders! There's supposed to be danger. Though frankly I don't see what we have to fear from a couple of religious nuts. Let's just come back tonight and grab the body, then head on to Katheer.

Or if you really want, Me, Jenna and Hajime could try to poke around a bit, see if we can get some eyes on what's going on.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Pascal turns to leave. Well, we're here till tonight at least, I suggest we gather a bit of information if we can.

Hefting her pack, Pascal prepares to wander the dusty village to try and discover how the venture-captain died. However first she purchases a pair of gloves and a scarf in order to keep from accidentally touching anyone afflicted with leprosy.

MikeHadfield previously rolled 1d20+3 = (17) + 3 = 20 (Diplomacy: Gather Information)

The Pathfinders beat a hasty retreat, perturbed by the lepers. After some effort and asking around, Pascal finds out from an old lady named Wiki the following facts about the venture captain:

Quote:
Targos Min-Katheer was a venture-captain in the Pathfinder Society until his death in 4708 AR. Originally from Katheer, later in life he made his home in Lopul when not traveling. Targos was an prolific Pathfinder, contributing more that two dozen entries to the Pathfinder Chronicles. As a native of the area, he became an expert on the lands along the Silken Way. Throughout his many adventures, he gained the enmity of the cult of Lamashtu, and took a janni named Jamila as a companion and lover.
Near the end of his life, Targos began to develop heart problems. Rather than suffer through his final days, he and Jamila decided that she would administer to him a fatal dose of scorpion venom, allowing him to die peacefully in his sleep.

It is now dusk...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I wonder if these 'heart troubles' were more insidious than the local populace knows of." Hajime posits.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha says, "Where one poison can be obtained, so can another. Sometimes."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the party returns to the deceased Venture Captain's house, they realize that something is amiss. The house is deserted and the body is gone!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"See? I told ye those pox-faced bilge rats weren't ta be trusted," Sasha growls as she punches Pascal's shoulder. "Just so ye know, I'll not be takin' the blame for this screwup!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pascal turns red and grimaces. Alright alright. Let's just search the house already, they can't have gone far.

Pascal searches the house for clues, then looks for signs of where the group got to.

Take 20 on perception and survival.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha frowns. "Just how dead is Targos Min-Katheer? What interest would the demons have in a mere corpse?"

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Pascal turns red and grimaces. Alright alright. Let's just search the house already, they can't have gone far.

Pascal searches the house for clues, then looks for signs of where the group got to.

Take 20 on perception and survival.

Pascal finds a receipt for a plane ticket to Varisia...


Pascal finds nothing other than a few scraps of bandages left by the lepers aand some trash left behind by the other mourners.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boftil groans as they return to the empty house. "So what, we've lost the darn body? Does this mean we won't get paid for this mission? I'm havin' none a that...we'll have to find this bloke, and quickly! Who knows what those blasted freaks have planned for him...or even worse have already done!"

Boftil looks around for any witnesses that might have seen where the body was taken or where the cultists have gone.

Failing that he looks for some tracks.

Perception (take 20): 20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 448518. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (15) + 7 =
  • 22
  • Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:07 am
  • [+]
  • 448519. greenclaw
  • 20+7 =
  • 20 + 7 =
  • 27
  • Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:08 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boftil observes that Targos' house is in the residential district. The neighbours may have seen something.

Diplo checks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pascal looks at Boftil with a strange look. Wait a minute. You get PAID for missions!? Since when? I always assumed it was mainly sanctioned looting that allowed us pathfinders to pay the bills...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boftil raises a particularly bushy eyebrow at Pascal. "Sounds to me like you're runnin' with the wrong mob if ya ain't gettin' paid. Mob I work for have setup a bit of a runnin' tab ya might call it. Every time I complete a mission to their likin' the tab goes up and I can cash it in and get some new stuff or some sort of help. Might want ta check back with your lot and see if they'll do the same for you! Ain't the same as the coin we pick up on the job but it's about as close to a wage as ye'll get in this line a work!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heading around to cavas the neighborhood, Pascal tries to find out where the church went.

Diplomacy 1d20+3 = (15) + 3 = 18
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 449000. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (15) + 3 =
  • 18
  • Diplomacy
  • Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:36 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Heading around to cavas the neighborhood, Pascal tries to find out where the church went.

MikeHadfield previously rolled 1d20+3 = (15) + 3 = 18 (Diplomacy)

After some effort, Pascal finds a few neighbours along the street who spotted the lepers making their way east with a wagon in considerable haste.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chasing after lepers fleeing in a cart under a scorching desert sun does not seem like Jenna's idea of fun. "We better get after them then, don't suppose we can hire a horse and covered wagon as well can we....might provide some shade from the heat."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis101 wrote:
Chasing after lepers fleeing in a cart under a scorching desert sun does not seem like Jenna's idea of fun. "We better get after them then, don't suppose we can hire a horse and covered wagon as well can we....might provide some shade from the heat."

I'm not sure that a wagon will allow us to make up the ground we need. However I imagine mounts will be necessary. Anyone see any camels rentals handy?

Perhaps we could get this silken caravan on the move as well and catch up with them after we get the VCs remains.


Is east the direction we need to travel in anyways?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:


I'm not sure that a wagon will allow us to make up the ground we need. However I imagine mounts will be necessary. Anyone see any camels rentals handy?


"I'm not going to have to ride a camel am I....." Jenna shakes her head in disbelief.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Camels? Seriously?" Sasha complains. She follows the party reluctantly, finally asking, "Are they the ones that spit?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |