Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario, "Among the Dead".

The Players:
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
keith goudreau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Browsers, curious onlookers and lurkers please check out our guild here if you're interested in some honest to goodness Pathfinder Society action. Thumb this thread if you love RPG!

PC List is here!

OOC thread is here!

Please subscribe to this thread!

Initiative
+8 Obed
+6 Merisel
+4 Bezalel
+3 Risa
+0 Kyra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture Captain Drandle Dreng... clearly a bad hair day.
It has been nearly 5 days since late evening messengers pulled you awake from your tasks and ordered you to appear before Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng by midnight. Dreng, ever presenting the appearance of the doddering, decrepit old man, met you in the Great Hall of Skyreach, the main fortress of the Grand Lodge in Absalom. Dressed only in tattered night clothes complete with a faded yellow sleeping cap, the youthful excitement in Dreng’s eyes belied his elderly appearance.
“We’ve found them!” he declared, the moment you arrived in the Great Hall. “Those pitiful bastards who murdered Pathfinder Bodriggan Wuthers in Oppara those many months ago—you know, the Zyphus-worshipping fools who tried to turn Oppara into a zombie-filled nightmare? After all this time, we finally tracked their remnants to a burned-out temple in the vagabond camp across the river from the capital. You will set out for there at once—there is a ship waiting—and meet a man named Sebastus Hustavan outside the burned-out temple. Once a man of great importance, he seems to have fallen on hard times— fallen so far as to join those Zyphus fiends. But he’s redeemed himself by telling us their location! Find Hustavan—it can’t be hard, there’s only one burned-out temple to Sarenrae in the vagabond camp—learn all you can about the cult’s hideout, and then cleanse it of their presence. Cultists across Golarion must know they may not use the Society to fulfill their horrid glories—so too will they know that the Society will not stand by and watch its members murdered!”

Dreng cleared his throat then, his posture losing the sudden youthful fire and passion, his shoulders hunching once more, his face pinched and tired. “Of course, while you are there,” he rasped, “do your duty as Pathfinders and seek anything they may have that the Society would need in the vaults.”
So, after a hurried early morning rush to gather supplies in Absalom, several days in the blustery Inner Sea, and another spent weaving through the bureaucracy of the Taldan customs rituals, you find yourself walking through a chilly, early morning rain storm and approaching what the vagabond locals say is the location of the burned-out temple to Sarenrae.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short halfling (or gnome, you can't be sure), in the room wears a dark cloak of heavy-spun cloth, its hood obscuring her facial features. She barely reaches up to your waist, and when she speaks up to ask the venture-captain a question, her voice is soft and timid, and you have to strain your ears to understand her. "Who is this Sebastus then, can he be trusted?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Dreng mentions a burnt-out temple of Sarenrae, Kyra frowns deeply. Bowing her head, she quietly mutters a prayer of regret for the temple, and for compassion upon those who would commit such a deed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oppara?" says Bezalel. "I thought it was Cassomir. And didn't the cultists worship Groetus, not Zyphus? Ah, never mind. I must be getting my stories mixed up."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
The short halfling (or gnome, you can't be sure), in the room wears a dark cloak of heavy-spun cloth, its hood obscuring her facial features. She barely reaches up to your waist, and when she speaks up to ask the venture-captain a question, her voice is soft and timid, and you have to strain your ears to understand her. "Who is this Sebastus then, can he be trusted?"

Dreng hums a little ditty absentmindedly before responding- “Hustavan was once a consul of the empire and carried the title Magistros. He was present in the House of the Immortal Son when the Society saved Oppara from the cultists. He’s fallen on hard times since—hard enough that he joined the cultists out of desperation. His recent messages to our lodge in Oppara indicate that something in the cult has changed and he wants out, so he’s given us their location in exchange for us keeping him safe and bringing him back to Absalom, where he will likely spend his days scrubbing floors in Skyreach.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
"Oppara?" says Bezalel. "I thought it was Cassomir. And didn't the cultists worship Groetus, not Zyphus? Ah, never mind. I must be getting my stories mixed up."

"Groetus is the Devil We Know. Zyphus is most deviously mysterious Among the Gods."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezalel frowns. "Now I'm even more confused. I thought Groetus was counted among the gods too, not a devil. The only devil I can think of that qualifies as both is Asmodeus. But then, what do I know about religion anyway? Never mind. I'm just a mercenary. Well, a former mercenary, anyway."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith goudreau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A well dressed human in a grey suit and red undershirt waits patiently for all questions to be asked before raising his hand to be called on for his question.
Yes, hi Obed Curwen here. I am not familiar with this cult, could we get a little more background on them. You say zombies, is that a normal tactic for them? Just some information to better see together a course of action is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Bezalel frowns. "Now I'm even more confused. I thought Groetus was counted among the gods too, not a devil. The only devil I can think of that qualifies as both is Asmodeus. But then, what do I know about religion anyway? Never mind. I'm just a mercenary. Well, a former mercenary, anyway."

Hoping to enlighten the poor, confused Bezalel; Kyra turns and, in a side conversation, begins to extol upon him the multitude of gods, demigods, demon lords, empyreal lords, and so forth; along with the tenants of their followers. She spends most of her time; however, preaching the virtue and divinity of Sarenrea. She doesn't even notice the glazed look in Bezalel's eyes, or the fact that he turns his attention back to Dreng.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Risa surreptitiously shuffles over to Kyra, listening in on her conversation with Bezalel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
bub_the_zombie wrote:
A well dressed human in a grey suit and red undershirt waits patiently for all questions to be asked before raising his hand to be called on for his question.
Yes, hi Obed Curwen here. I am not familiar with this cult, could we get a little more background on them. You say zombies, is that a normal tactic for them? Just some information to better see together a course of action is all.

Dreng begins to nod off before Obed's query brings him back to consciousness. He mumbles, “Yes, last year their leader, a man named Fel Bustrani, tricked one of our young rising stars in the Society, a pupil of Venture- Captain Eliza Petulengro named Bodriggan Wuthers, into believing he was working on a dig of significant importance for the Society. Instead, he was digging up an ancient artifact dedicated to Zyphus that now rests in the vaults below. It has the ability to turn corpses into Zyphus zombies, creatures able to infect living humanoids and turn them into yet more zombies. Were it not for the presence of brave Pathfinders, I fear the city of Oppara would now be crawling with undead. Though Bustrani was slain and his cult scattered or captured, they were not destroyed completely.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Brent Johnson wrote:

Hoping to enlighten the poor, confused Bezalel; Kyra turns and, in a side conversation, begins to extol upon him the multitude of gods, demigods, demon lords, empyreal lords, and so forth; along with the tenants of their followers. She spends most of her time; however, preaching the virtue and divinity of Sarenrea. She doesn't even notice the glazed look in Bezalel's eyes, or the fact that he turns his attention back to Dreng.

"Ah yes, Zyphus. Zyphus is a minor god, the deity of accidents, tragedy, and graveyards. His faithful call him the Grim Harvestman, or sometimes Father Grim. He delights in stealing souls bound for Pharasma’s Graveyard—specifically, he steals souls that die in tragic accidents, so his faithful try to make those happen as often as possible.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Zombies!?" Risa gasps with a sharp intake of breath. "Was.. was that artifact ever found?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"'Zyphus zombies', huh?" mutters Bezalel. "They sound just like ghouls. But what do I know about the undead. I'm just a...ah, never mind."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra rises to her feet, giving Dreng a single nod as she speaks. "Well, then, let us not delay any longer! The holy rays of the Dawnflower's light must be spread with alacrity!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisiel stands silently during the briefing, using the time to check all her knives are sharp and in place in their various spots on her person. Seeing Kyra in good evangelical form, she knows to leave well enough alone and stay clear for the moment, not wanting another lecture from the do-gooder priest.

When Kyra exhorts the group to action, however, the rogue chips in as well. "Yeah, what she said...although less with the holy flowers and light stuff, and more with the let's go stab some zombies and grab us some loot!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
"Zombies!?" Risa gasps with a sharp intake of breath. "Was.. was that artifact ever found?"

"The Zyphus Stone is currently kept in the Grand Lodge in Absalom for safekeeping. Rest easy."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pathfinders reach their destination without much fanfare or incident...

Rain patters down in sheets over the scorched skeleton of a once majestic temple. Walls of thick, blackened masonry stand tall and abandoned, with gaping wounds revealing where stained glass windows once caught the morning sun. The roof has collapsed and most of its remnants are long gone. Only large, immovable remnants of the crumbling masonry remain in the rubble piles scattered throughout the ruin.

You hear the sound of a pack of wild dogs barking from within the ruins, and a man screaming in fear...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra's head snaps up at the sound of the scream. Without hesitating, she rushes forward towards the sound, hoping she won't be too late to administer to whomever is being attacked. "Quickly! We must not waste time!", she adds to the others, stating the obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wait, wait for me," Risa pants, her voice audible with fear. Afraid to get left behind, she rushes after Kyra, even though she's actually quite fast for someone with legs so short...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith goudreau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Rain, guard dogs, old ruins; it is the same song and dance again. I will be writing a grievance to the society on our return. He complains and jogs after the the crusading cleric.

I forgot to add in my purchases from after my last session, adding the. In now before we get to combat if that is fine. (2 potions of CLW, 3 scrolls of Mage armor, 1 scroll protection from evil)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezalel says nothing, but runs at a sustainable pace in the same direction as the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisiel draws her rapier at the sound of the disturbance inside and moves up as quickly as possible alongside Kyra. She tries to determine how many dogs there might be based on the barking.

Perception: 1d20+7 = (20) + 7 = 27
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 443931. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (20) + 7 =
  • Wed Oct 9, 2013 3:02 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
I am putting up the map first and setting up initiative later this evening.

6d20 = (12 + 13 + 15 + 18 + 13 + 10) = 81
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 444236. not2fear
  • 6d20 =
  • (12 + 13 + 15 + 18 + 13 + 10) =
  • Wed Oct 9, 2013 4:45 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |