Catapult Run
Avalon's Solo Adventure System
Mutant: Elysium
Dungeon Master's Screen: Of Ships and the Sea
Tatters of the King
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Double Adventure 7: A Plague of Perruques / Stranded on Arden
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Call of Cthulhu Roleplaying Game
Barony of the Damned
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
World of Bloodshadows Box Set
Chimaera Universe Core Rulebook
Microscope
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Eternal Lies
Keeper Rulebook
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Spellbook Cards: Ranger
Spellbook Cards: Bard
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Endless Vigil
Tomb of Annihilation
Tiny Dungeon 2nd Edition
The Executioner's Daughter
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Thousand Year Old Vampire
Things from the Flood
ALIEN Cinematic Starter Kit
Imperious Rex! Realms of the Deep
Fiend Folio
Something Rotten in Kislev
Realms of Sorcery
Boot Hill (3rd Edition)
Greyhawk Adventures
Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1908 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [77] | 

B7: Rahasia» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] Rahasia (B7), Part 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the first IC thread for Rahasia (B7). This if for in game posts by the players & GM only. Anyone else is welcome to follow along, but please don't post here. Out-of-game comments are welcome at the following thread:[OOC] Rahasia (B7)

Just a note: In order to acknowledge the work of the authors of this module, Tracy & Laura Hickman, any time I use their narration text verbatim, I will put it in italics.

Players can find their character sheets here:
B7 Rahasia Character Sheet Geeklist

Okay, the adventuer begins!

With all of you having a mind for adventure, you have banded together to travel the countryside to see what it brings. Your travels have brought you to a winding trail through a forest that elves are known to inhabit.

The beautiful elven forest sleeps peacefully about you. Leafy green trees with silver and white trunks stand in blissful gandeur as far as you can see. The trail you walk winds toward the high mountains nearby to the north. The forest's carpet of ferns and deep green bushes is punctuated by the bright reds, blues, and yellows of the abundant woodland flowers.

Ahead, sunlight flashes off metal lying in the path. Armor--elven armor--and whoever wears it is not moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rema Casprowiak
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zortan draws his longsword and readies his shield weary of the all too alluring beauty of the verdant and tranquil forest. Standing six and a half feet tall and with equally broad shoulders he steps forward with confidence towards the body in the lush grass.

"What's this then? Be alert friends this could be a trap."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grork raises his eyebrows. "Could the glint from the road be riches," he thinks. Dismissing the fleeting notion, he creeps up behind Zortan for a closer look from behind the safety of the fighter's broad shoulders.

" A trap? Let's not be hasty. It might take us on a road to riches."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barl Granitecleaver

Barl had experienced something like this before. Rarely is anything of value left lying about in the wilderness. More likely shiny objects were left as bait. Either on purpose or inadvertently. If this was purposeful, then there was enemies lying in wait to ambush. If it was inadvertently, then the group may have entered the hunting grounds of a dumb but deadly monster.

Barl readied his weapon and shield. "Be wary. I do not like the smell of this."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fumbling for his dagger, and almost dropping it, Edric wonders what he got himself into. He definitely didn't feel cut out for this kind of thing. He keeps a safe distance thinking aloud: It could well be a trap but it could also be someone in need of our assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce lets out a hearty laugh at the others' comments. "Some poor bastard probably just found himself three sheets to the wind after too many tankards of grog last night and wound up sleeping off his stupor out here in the woods. Let's have a look." Bruce follows the others up the trail, loosely holding his mace and shield at the ready just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin ONeill
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor, a natural skeptic, cautiously warns Bruce-

"That may be, and I pray to the Light that you are correct, but be wary my friend. Let's have the..." Connor cringes at the word, "...thief... look for some traps. Mimsy, care to put your dubious skills to the test?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rema Casprowiak
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bah....a trap...what like a rigged deadfall...it wont be a trap, an ambush maybe." Zortan says loudly as if challenging anybody hiding while walking confidently up to the armor clad body.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
*Nyan*
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimsy screws her nose at the self-righteous cleric
She cautiously approaches the body checking for traps 1d100 = (83) = 83 only to be roughly pushed away by Zortan
"It's gonna get you killed one day soon", she says
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 437116. nukeu666
  • 1d100 =
  • (83) =
  • Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 am
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When Mimsy is pulled back, she clutches the only thing she found on the dead elf's person, a letter sealed with wax. (Mimsy was not able to find any traps.) You all gather around as Mimsy opens it. It is written on parchment in Common Tougue and Elven and reads:

"To Thee of Valor and Honor ~

I am an Elven maiden called Rahasia. In the Hantu Valley at the foot of Gray Mountain, our village thrived in peace for many years. Our elders worked daily in the forest. Many of our young men studied and worshiped in the temple on the mountain. We made our homes in peace—but our peace is no more.

It was three weeks ago when the stranger, the Rabib, first came. He was a handsome man with broad shoulders. His deep-set eyes held a piercing glint that looked uncomfortablely into one's soul. His voice was soft and persuasive, and anyone hearing it was almost certainly lulled into agreement.It was the consent of my father that the Rahib sought--and only to one end. My father refused him.

The next day he came on one knee, saying, 'Rahasia, you beauty is fabled throughout this land, almost as much as your father's wealth. To possess you have have traveled far, but your father is unkind. He refused me, though I brough many riches as payment for you. Surely you will not refuse to go with me.' He grabbed my arm with an unbearable grip--I cried out.

My father heard me, and, in a rage, bound from the house toward the stranger. With one great rush, father drove him to the gates and cast him forth.

On his knees like a common beggar, the stranger clung to the wall an uttered such a curse that the sky darkened and all the servants covered their heads in fear. In a deep, rich voice, in intoned an evil chant we could not understand.

He then vanished into the forest. Under my father's hand, peace soon returned to my household. The curious vistor and his curse were forgotten--until one week ago.

One day, the young elves who study at the temple and their teachers did not return to their homes. Their families became worried and went to the temple, but were driven away by the students, known as the Siswa. My Father, who sometimes taught at the temple, went there to discover what had happened. He has not returned.

My father's wealth is also lost. I believe that his fortune was hidden in the lower recesses of the temple. It is hard to believe that the treasure has been stolen, for it includes many distinctive pieces that anyone, near or far, would recognize. There was a beaufitul translucent marble jar inlaid with gold trim and six jewels. There were, also, two birds of platinum, resting on blue cloth threaded with gold, that would sing a tune. The birds were to be my dowry, without which I cannot be wed. There is also an ancient ring set with black jade that matches the pendant that hung about my father's neck. He told me that anyone who possesses both can wield great power for good.

Hasan, my bethrothed, knowing that his family would not allow his marriage to me, now a maid without a dowry, and fearing for my father's safety, also went to the temple. He, too, has not returned.

Two days ago, the village council received a message. It was from the Rahib. He boasted that all the devoted Siswa who studied at the temple are under a spell that will not be broken until the village gives the Rahib three maidens, including myself. The council refused. That night, the Siswa attached and kidnapped two other maidens, Sylva and Merisa, but I escaped.

All of the villagers are in misery, for many of their sons are Siswa. Some people have begged me to give myself over to the wicked Rahib, but I dare not, lest I find that he has lied, and will not break his curse on the Siswa. I fear that unless we are helped, I shall never again see Hasan or my father and my friends, Sylva and Merisa.

Someone must rescue them and the Rahib must be forced to remove his curse upon the Siswa. Anyone who helps us will be rewarded if they succeed. Without help, I have no choice but to give myself to the Rahib and hope and pray that he keeps his word and releases the others.

~ Rahasia"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barl Granitecleaver

Barl simply grunted in response to the read letter. He wouldn't mind helping someone in trouble, but he also felt a little skeptical about the promise of great treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rema Casprowiak
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sounds like the solution to her problem is a little demaidening..." Zorton chuckles awkwardly clearly sure that the joke was in bad taste but yet unable to keep it to himself.

"Does anybody know where this Hantu valley is? I would not be against a chance to rescue a maiden in distress not earn the thanks of a grateful, and rich father."
Zorton removes his steel helm and scratches his skull while looking into his helm as if to find an answer to his question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphexs wrote:
"Sounds like the solution to her problem is a little demaidening..." Zorton chuckles awkwardly clearly sure that the joke was in bad taste but yet unable to keep it to himself.

"Does anybody know where this Hantu valley is? I would not be against a chance to rescue a maiden in distress not earn the thanks of a grateful, and rich father."
Zorton removes his steel helm and scratches his skull while looking into his helm as if to find an answer to his question.

You all look down the mountain-forest path you are on and see that it begins to dip. Beyond that, you see the familiar smoke trails from what are likely the chimneys of a settlement and further beyond that, a foreboding gray mountain rises up to the sky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rema Casprowiak
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorton realizes that geography may not have been his strongest field of study academically. "Ok here's another question what happened to the elf? What killed em?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce peers over the shoulder of Mimsy to read the letter and then looks over to the elf on the ground. "So, he's not just drunk and passed out. Instead, it appears the guy was killed because of a dame, and we could be next. Now doesn't that sound appealing?"

Bruce shakes his head and thinks a moment longer. "Well, that's never stopped me before. I'm in. Let's go rescue this lady. My sacks could use some gold in them."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edric stepped up to the fallen body. All remaining fealings of fear had vanished.

"Bruce is right, we must help. Promise of wealth or not it is the right thing to do. Let us go to this settlement and find out where the temple lies."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barl Granitecleaver

"I think we should bring the poor lad with us. The town may be able to give a proper burial." Barl says stepping forward. He checked the corpse's hands to see if he had any signet rings or other heraldry about it. Also, Barl knew from his militia days, that warriors often wore a plain copper ring. Nothing of real value but usually enough to pay the burial costs should they fall in battle. He intended to retrieve any personal items to be returned to the dead's family should they be able to identify him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ahem. May I see the letter again, please?"

With the letter in hand again, Grork takes a mental inventory of the riches mentioned along with a running tally of estimated value.

"Ah, yes. This will be fine. Perpaps we can find someone of authority ahead who can confirm this saving-the-prisoners-for-a-reward transaction. Best to get thes types of things written down I'd say."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
Barl Granitecleaver

"I think we should bring the poor lad with us. The town may be able to give a proper burial." Barl says stepping forward. He checked the corpse's hands to see if he had any signet rings or other heraldry about it. Also, Barl knew from his militia days, that warriors often wore a plain copper ring. Nothing of real value but usually enough to pay the burial costs should they fall in battle. He intended to retrieve any personal items to be returned to the dead's family should they be able to identify him.

Barl sees the corpse has been stripped of all its possessions, with the exception of the letter, which was so well hidden only a thief like Mimsy could find it, and his armor, which is now crumpled and unusable. If the poor soul had any rings, they are long gone now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphexs wrote:
Zorton realizes that geography may not have been his strongest field of study academically. "Ok here's another question what happened to the elf? What killed em?"

Zorton and others can see wounds that were likely made by a sword or dagger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Grork, I'm sure that if you carry the body into town you will be rewarded with the eternal gratitude of the fallen's loved ones."

Looking around at the assembled party, Edric asks in a mild voice: "Are we ready to pursue this quest?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin ONeill
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, let us push on and take this poor soul with us. I suggest Zorton and I take the lead into the valley if there are no objections. Let us go, my fellows. And may the light shine upon on us during our descent," Connor said, visibly shaken by the letter and the corpse in front of him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is slow-going as you continue down the trail, and especially arduous for those of you carrying the body. As trail bends down into the valley, you see a village spread out down below. Soon enough you have reached it.

In the village, the delicate elven dwellings mirror the grace of their people. Yet the faces of the villagers reveal great sadness.

Upon seeing a group of strangers carrying a body, a crowd soon forms around you. Messengers run off and soon enough a female elf throws herself over the body of the dead elf, weeping. From her age, you guess that she was the courier's mother.

A few council members introduce themselves to you and you produce the letter. You soon are lead to an elven maid, whose veiled grace and beauty outshines all others present as the sun outshines the stars--she is Rahasia.

“Will you aid me?” she asks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin ONeill
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor, noble to a fault, steps forward, "Maiden, though I cannot speak for my compatriots, your bidding is my command. However, can you give us some sort of explanation beyond the letter of what this Rahib has been doing to your fair people? Do you know when his next move might take place if you don't give yourself over to him?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming up behind Connor, Edric looks around in amazement. All these people, and they are waiting for HIM to help them. If his father could see him now. Well, maybe it would be best for his father to see him once he actually did save these people from the ominous threat.

Edric smiles at the children who are pushing to get a better look at the strange group of strangers, knowing that this is the right thing to do he puts on the bravest face he is able:

Duty has called us here to help and I shall do all in my power to do so!

Not totally able to hide the anxiety in his voice he asks: What do you know about the evils that await in the temple?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [77] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.