Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario, "Black Waters".

The Players:
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Browsers, curious onlookers and lurkers please check out our guild here if you're interested in some honest to goodness Pathfinder Society action. Thumb this thread if you love RPG!

PC Geeklist is here!

OOC thread is here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture-Captain Drandle Drenge... needs to ease up on the hair products

Venture-Captain Drandle Drenge, a stout and hardy Taldan with thin, graying hair and a thick, bushy mustache, unfurls a map on his butcher-block table and places a meaty finger on the parchment. “The abandoned district of Beldrin’s Bluff was once the gem of Absalom’s Precipice District—now it is but a weathered crag of broken rock at the edge of the roiling sea."

"When the great quake hit ten years ago, entire blocks of the Bluff sheared from the mainland. Cliffside tearooms and exclusive estates fell into the waves and carried hundreds of nobles to a watery grave. An elite academy, called the Tri-Towers Yard, remained on the mainland, but sank wholesale into the earth. Children unfortunate enough to survive the quake lay pinned under debris as sewer water slowly rose from the ground and drowned them. Nearly every student perished."

“Today, crumbled stone walls and weed-filled lots sprawl where gentlemen’s clubs once filled with pipe smoke and hobnobbing lords. The Drownyard—er, that’s what the illmannered call the school these days—lies behind a fence of black iron pikes, constructed by the families of the dead to discourage morbid trespassers.

“Even respected archaeological groups have been denied official access. Our own Society has itched to explore the site ever since the quake—that is, ever since we discovered that the school fell through the roof of a lost necropolis. Unfortunately, the emotional trauma attached to the school has remained fresh. But finally, after ten years of mourning, the politically-connected families of dead students have sanctioned our delve request.”

With a toothy smile and a clap, Drenge says, “I’m pleased to announce that I’ve selected your team for the delve. I want you to find a way into the necropolis, document your findings with professional detail, and recover artifacts of historical significance. The Society is interested in one artifact in particular—a two-finger ring topped with a ruby salamander.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasha yawns with disinterest, using a dagger to pick beneath her nails. As the venture-captain finishes, she suddenly sits up. "What was that about rubies," she asks with a glint in her eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Sasha yawns with disinterest, using a dagger to pick beneath her nails. As the venture-captain finishes, she suddenly sits up. "What was that about rubies," she asks with a glint in her eyes.

“In ancient times, a wealthy merchant cut a ruby salamander ring from the hand of young cat burglar named Horastian. Horastian later became a renowned information broker and art collector. The Pathfinder Society hopes to magically locate the long-dead thief and his fabled hoard by using the ring as a divination focus.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...fabled hoard? No more boring stuffy books? Now we're talking, let's get to this Drownyard already!" Sasha eagerly jumps out of her seat and struts out the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Staying silent through the briefing, a short fit female halfling watches attentively. Boss, I was told to come geared up. She gestures to the glaive on her back and rings of chakrams at her waist. Are we expecting trouble on the other side? Dead rising and the like? Any other trouble we should watch out for?

Also, I presume some of the families of the dead would also be looking for the return of heirlooms or other personal effects. Should we keep an eye out for such things?

Also, I assume that these "artifacts of historical significance", actually *belong* to someone. Should we expect any difficulty from the rightful owner of said artifacts?

Also, I'm Pascal, pleasure to meet you all I'm sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Staying silent through the briefing, a short fit female halfling watches attentively. Boss, I was told to come geared up. She gestures to the glaive on her back and rings of chakrams at her waist. Are we expecting trouble on the other side? Dead rising and the like? Any other trouble we should watch out for?

Also, I presume some of the families of the dead would also be looking for the return of heirlooms or other personal effects. Should we keep an eye out for such things?

Also, I assume that these "artifacts of historical significance", actually *belong* to someone. Should we expect any difficulty from the rightful owner of said artifacts?

Also, I'm Pascal, pleasure to meet you all I'm sure.

Drenge shrugs "As Pathfinders, you should always be on the lookout for trouble. As for the ownership of other artifacts... most owners would have written off whatever possessions they might have had in that place already. I doubt they will trouble you much."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seoni sits quietly in the back, taking in the mission. Nodding, she prepares to follow the rest to their destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooc: folks, I've had a TOUGH day, I'll post my monk tomorrow. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Go and get a bloody book! Go and get a bloody ring! Does anyone else feel like we're just a bunch a couriers picking up junk?" Boftil leans on his hammer whilst tugging at his long black beard in frustration. "...and what is it with all this water? Can't a dwarf get a gig on dry land these days?" He then picks up and straps the hammer across his back and starts towards the door. "Ah, never mind! As long as there's somethin' to hit, a bag full a coin and a flagon of ale I'll be happy...although not necessarily in that exact order!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha stands silently against the back wall, with no indication that he is paying any attention. He stares at the wall opposite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
"Go and get a bloody book! Go and get a bloody ring! Does anyone else feel like we're just a bunch a couriers picking up junk?"

Jenna thinks to herself "Couriers and.....travel writers....does Venture Captain Drenge really think she is going to 'document her findings with professional detail'.....pah....Sasha has it right...fabled hoard sounds much more interesting"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
"Go and get a bloody book! Go and get a bloody ring! Does anyone else feel like we're just a bunch a couriers picking up junk?" Boftil leans on his hammer whilst tugging at his long black beard in frustration. "...and what is it with all this water? Can't a dwarf get a gig on dry land these days?" He then picks up and straps the hammer across his back and starts towards the door. "Ah, never mind! As long as there's somethin' to hit, a bag full a coin and a flagon of ale I'll be happy...although not necessarily in that exact order!"

Pascal smiles at the grumpy dwarf. Perhaps you joined the wrong organization. I fought with the 4th Andoran Light Infantry for quite a few years. Not much couriering. Mostly marching, drilling and a wee bit of fighting. I'll take books, rings, couriering and action any day over that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hajime nods, agreeing with Pascal. There is much adventure to be found in any job that an honorable venture captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Very well. Onwards, then. Let us get this over with." Seoni ushers the group out the door, anxious to be on her way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha still stands staring at the wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On her way out, Pascal nudges Jeptha. Hey, you alright? I think the briefing is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeptha slowly turns his head to look down at Pascal. He nods once, slightly, and follows her out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
greenclaw wrote:

Pascal smiles at the grumpy dwarf. Perhaps you joined the wrong organization. I fought with the 4th Andoran Light Infantry for quite a few years. Not much couriering. Mostly marching, drilling and a wee bit of fighting. I'll take books, rings, couriering and action any day over that.

Boftil grins at the halfling, revealing a set of rather crooked, yellowing teeth. "Ahhh, it's all the same in the end...it's just work. Trick is ta not take it too seriously. I tried doing that and it only ended in pain. Now if I get ta hit somethin' and bury me head in a stiff drink at the end a the day, that's about as good as it gets! Take ya point though, mate, the Patfhinders usually find a way to make that happen, so I'll try not ta complain. The dwarf continues on out the door, muttering under his breath. "Well not much anway...gotta have a good grumble every now and again, it's in me dwarf blood!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group nears the iron gates of the drownyard, Pascal loosens her loop of chakrams and holds one in each hand.

Weapons out I reckon. I imagine there's more reason than just political sanction that no one has been in here for 10 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"My weapons are always 'out'", Hajime says humbly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
On you way out of the lodge, a household page in livery hand-delivers an envelope to Jenna. It contains a formal invitation to the party on delicate (but expensive) parchment.

Quote:
Hero of the Society,
It has come to my attention that you and your cohorts were chosen by the noble Pathfinders to enter and explore what became of the Tri-Towers Yard. As my daughter, Junia, was lost there during the great quake, it seems only proper that you attend the banquet I am holding tomorrow in memory of her. You and your friends should wear your finest and arrive at the Dacilane Estate in the Ivy District at sundown. As you are probably not accustomed to the traditions of nobles, not attending this dinner would be a serious slight upon the memory of my daughter.
Sincerely,
Lady Miranda Dacilane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddles within riddles. I wonder what this "Lady" Miranda will ask from us. Hajime ponders. Does anyone have finery, or shall we go shopping? Or even better, shall we show up as we are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seoni frowns at the invitation, and Hajime's comments. "Let us go as we are. I care not what this Lady thinks of us. But let us make haste, as I'm afraid I will bored by etiquette at this thing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Aye, let's go, there be a treasure hoard waitin' on us," Sasha agrees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |