Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
143 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-08: Slave Pits of Absalom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PFS - Bearpaw's Slave Pits of Absalom - IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC thread

This is a PFS sanctioned game, running through Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-08: Slave Pits of Absalom. For more information on Pathfinder Society Games on RPGG, check out our guild here.

Players:

Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thadeus Lorefield
Norway
flag msg tools
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[user=][/user]
[user=][/user]



Characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Kyra not2fear Cleric 4 52678-18
Quintus Forlach Unknown Ediology Fighter 1 53785-9
Feras Spell-less Thadeus1331 Alchemist 1 79788-1
Balakin Stormfeather allyse Wizard 1 77969-5
[article=][/article] XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX-X
[article=][/article] XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX-X


Nitty gritty

- Aim for one post a day. I may bot you through combat if you take a long time to reply. Obviously if you're unable to post for a time just let me know and we'll work around it, not a problem.
- For combat, I'll post maps via Google drive that everyone can access and edit.
- Thumb every post, so if your character has nothing to contribute to the current scene, I know that at least you're following along.
- Post your character statblock in this thread, and make sure to include your PFS number and faction. I'll get the IC thread up this week.
- Subscribe to this thread and the IC thread when it goes up!
- Most importantly, have fun!

IC posts:

- Descriptive text for your character actions in plain black.
- "Character speech" for what your character says in bold and in quotes, possibly in a different color for every player.
- Thoughts what your character is thinking, italicized.
- OOC (use [ ooc ] [ /ooc ] tags, comes out grey) for OOC questions and information that is directly relevant to what is going on in game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva, a fiery red-headed woman who climbed from the depths of Galtan revolution to become one of the Society’s finest (and most well-connected) Venture-Captains, stands in the great meeting hall of the Grand Lodge in Absalom. She stares down her hawkish nose and sighs.

"I ask for the best and this is what they send me? Aren't I lucky. Anyway, the Society’s best contact in Osirion, Grand Ambassador Dremdhet Salhar, informed me this morning that his lovely Chelish wife, the Lady Anilah Salhar, was kidnapped and sold into slavery."

"Now normally, I wouldn’t care a bulette’s eyeball about who was or was not enslaved in Absalom, but Salhar is the Society’s best avenue for acquiring all of the necessary official paperwork to
make our frequent delves into the tombs of Osirion cheap and legal. This is a relationship we want to preserve and since the Ambassador made it clear that our status is in jeopardy, I’ve been instructed to send our best agents to find her and return her safely to Salhar."

"Salhar hasn’t sat idle since his wife was taken—his own agents are prowling the streets and dug up one possible lead. A one-eyed Andoren, a grit junky named Fredrik, is known for selling or helping to sell nobility into foreign markets that desire house slaves. Being enormously illegal, this trade makes Fredrik a fair bit of coin that Salhar’s agents assure me all go straight into the pockets of the Second Chance, a grit den dockside in Puddles. That’s all I have to get you started. Go quickly. The fate of our Osirian exploits is in your hands."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is there a reason that they took Anilah or is it just random kidnapping? Where can we find this one-eyed Fredrik?" Balakin asks in his stern voice.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I have no idea. As I'm sure you know, slavery isn't illegal in Absalom, but kidnapping nobles and selling them into slavery is. As for Fredrik, the Second Chance den is your best bet, so I suggest you do not dawdle any longer. You will be responsible for the Society's losses in Osirion with your incessant questions. I've told you all I know—if you desire futher employment beneath these hallowed pillars, you'll think twice before asking me inane questions. Be gone!" The fierce woman snaps at you, obviously ill-tempered.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Look, you can't bite off my nose just because things won't go your way." Balakin says while giving a glare to the woman, turning around and walking out of the door.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintius stumbles out after the others, having done nothing during the meeting save stand in the back and hiccup. And reek of cheap ale, and not just from the mug in his hand. The mug seemed to be a staple of the man's life. To the quick observer, his disheveled appearance and the lack of any weapon in his scabbard, gave the appearance that this man was a roaring drunk on hard times. A closer look; however, would reveal the man wasn't stumbling or slurring his words in the manner a true drunk did. Rather, the man appeared to enjoy acting drunk - even if he wasn't the best it.

"I shay....shall we be off'sh, to save the lady, aye? And t'take shome loot along the way, yes? A bit o'coin is what I be needin'. Done drunk muh lasht copper."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thadeus Lorefield
Norway
flag msg tools
Not far behind Feras follows the others, mostly staying as he isn't the most social person around.

"I agree that some money would come in handy..."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Answering Balakin's glare with an equally dirty look, the Venture-Captain waves her hand. "Just go find the woman, and be quick about it. Oh, and please try and not get yourselves killed, the paperwork I have to fill out when that happens is enough to give me a migraine."

-----------------------

Dimly lit by cheap oil lamps sputtering on walls punctuated by painted-over windows, the Second Chance is a one-room, run-down tavern-turned-grit-den located by the dockside in the Puddles district. It reeks of unwashed humanity and pungent ash, threads of sickly sweet smoke drifting like smog from tin hookahs. Ale kegs lurk in each corner, and cheap clay mugs hang from nails on the walls.

Entering the tavern, you find its occupants in the midst of a frenzied brawl. Next to the bar, a fat scowling Keleshite man blocks the rear doors, his large meaty fist gripping a bloody scimitar. At his feet lies a corpse, its blood slowly seeping into the floor boards.

On top of a wobbling table in the center of the room stands a skinny, one-eyed man in tattered clothing, frantically kicking at several drugged-out thugs that are trying to pull him off.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Q smiles as he surveys the scene. "Now, tish ish my kinda bar!" With a shout of glee, he begins to wade towards the table with the one-eyed man atop it. "I shay, you - ol' one-eye on th' table! What shay we help you out and you answers a few queshtions, yesh?"

As Q moves towards the others, he'll stop to pick up an unattended ale mug. It could come in handy if he needed to crack it over someone's head.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The man atop the table glances at Quintius for a split second, "Wha?!" he replies, but most of his attention is taken up trying to evade the three men grabbing at his ankles. The thugs seem to be under the effects of some narcotic, and indeed scattered about the room are a variety of junkies in various states of hallucination, sprawled on the floor or draped across their chairs.

As Quintius approaches the table, the Keleshite in the back points at him, still gripping the bloody scimitar in his hand, and he bellows, "Dunnae dare draw yer weapon, this 'ere is my establishment!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Balakin gets inside but tries not to draw attention on himself. Balakin draws up his nose in disguist. "This smell is horrible, just like the drink."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Keleshite man's orders, Q glances down at his empty scabbard in confusion. "No weapon, shir! Just me mug!" And, so saying, Quintius proceeds to bring the mug down upon the head of the closest junkie threatening the one-eyed man.


Mug Swing d20+7 = (14) + 7 = 21
If hits, Mug Damage d4+4 = (4) + 4 = 8 (not sure about the damage die, so I just went with a d4)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426045. Unknown Ediology
  • d20+7 =
  • (14) + 7 =
  • 21
  • Mug Swing
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:02 pm
  • [+]
  • 426046. Unknown Ediology
  • d4+4 =
  • (4) + 4 =
  • 8
  • Mug Damage
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:02 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra calls out from under a table at the Pathfinders "About time you got here! The one eyed man on the table is Frederik! Help him!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thadeus Lorefield
Norway
flag msg tools
Feras stays close to Balakin as he doesn't want to draw any attention either.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintus clobbers one of the three thugs on the back of the head with a mug, causing the guy to slump down in a crumpled, unconscious heap.

The two remaining drug-addled thugs react slowly, turning on the new meat that just walked in. The Keleshite in the corner doesn't move from his spot next to the bar, but spies everyone warily.

Tracker:
(20) Feras [9/9]
(16) Quintus [13/13]
(14) Kyra [35/35]
(11) Balakin [8/8]
(10) Thugs


Everyone is up!


MAP

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426169. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • 16
  • Quintus initiative
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 426170. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (3) + 8 =
  • 11
  • Balakin initiative:
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 426171. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (13) + 7 =
  • 20
  • Feras initiative
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 426172. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • Kyra initiative
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 426173. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (10) =
  • 10
  • Thugs
  • Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:53 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra scrambles out from under the table and moves towards thug 1.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thadeus Lorefield
Norway
flag msg tools
Feras moves toward thug#2 from the south and tries to hit him with a punch.

Punch: 1d20+1 = (4) + 1 = 5
If hit: 1d3+1 = (1) + 1 = 2
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426337. Thadeus1331
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (4) + 1 =
  • 5
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 6:35 am
  • [+]
  • 426339. Thadeus1331
  • 1d3+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 6:38 am
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having had success with the mug-to-the-head approach, Quintius decides to try a repeat performance. Stumbling around the table towards Thug #1, Quintius makes a quick grab for anything near that he can get his hands on - a mug, a plate, a chair; it doesn't matter to him. Holding the item aloft, he threatens the thug and gives him one more chance to flee. "Git! Git outta 'ere! Or I's is gonna shmash you good!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintius intimidate check: 1d20 = (10) = 10

The thug isn't impressed with Quintius' display, and sneers mocklingly, bearing down on him with clenched fists. The other thug evades Feras' blow, even though he's clearly not having a very good day.

Balakin can still go this round.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426499. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (10) =
  • 10
  • Quintius intimidate check:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 3:42 pm
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving to thug 2 Balakin will try his luck with hitting the thug barehanded with the warning from the bartender in the back of his head.

Attack: 1d20 = (2) = 2
Damage: 1d3 = (3) = 3
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426760. allyse
  • 1d20 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Attack:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 426764. allyse
  • 1d3 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:21 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The hardy dwarf obviously hasn't been in many bar brawls, as his punch doesn't even come close to connecting. The thugs start clobbering with glee, attacking their new foes with punches, but missing both times. The bartender keeps his eyes on you, but stays where he is for now.

Thug #1 vs. Quintius: 1d20 = (3) = 3
Thug #1 damage: 1d3 = (3) = 3
Thug #2 vs. Feras: 1d20 = (14) = 14
Thug #2 damage: 1d3 = (3) = 3
If Quintius threatens with improvised weapons he gets an attack of opportunity vs. thug #1.

Tracker:
>>(20) Feras [9/9]
>(16) Quintus [13/13]
>(14) Kyra [35/35]
>(11) Balakin [8/8]
(10) Thugs


Everyone is up!


MAP

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426774. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Thug #1 vs. Quintius:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 426775. Bearpaw
  • 1d3 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Thug #1 damage:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 426776. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • Thug #2 vs. Feras:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 426777. Bearpaw
  • 1d3 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Thug #2 damage:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:37 pm
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarves are stuborn so Balakin goes for another punch on thug 2.

Attack: 1d20 = (2) = 2
Damage: 1d3 = (3) = 3
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426780. allyse
  • 1d20 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Attack:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 426781. allyse
  • 1d3 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Damage:
  • Mon Sep 9, 2013 10:44 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The thug bellows a hearty laugh, "Hahaaar, I be here ye blind mole of a dwarf!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With a sigh, Quintius sees the thug is so strung-out on whatever he's taking that reasoning is beyond his capability. So, instead, Quintius decides to deliver his ultimatum via a mug to the head.


Mug Attack! d20+7 = (10) + 7 = 17
If hits, Mug damage d4+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426814. Unknown Ediology
  • d20+7 =
  • (10) + 7 =
  • 17
  • Mug Attack!
  • Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:23 am
  • [+]
  • 426815. Unknown Ediology
  • d4+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Mug damage
  • Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:23 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyra decides to join in the fun, picking up a bar stool and cracking it over Thug 1's head!
Attack 1d20+5-4 = (12) + 5 - 4 = 13
Damage 1d4+2 = (1) + 2 = 3
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 426871. not2fear
  • 1d20+5-4 =
  • (12) + 5 - 4 =
  • 13
  • Attack
  • Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 am
  • [+]
  • 426873. not2fear
  • 1d4+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Damage
  • Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:18 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |