Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
222 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-02: The Hydra's Fang Incident» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: n2f Hydra's Fang Incident IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario, "The Hydra's Fang Incident".

The Players:
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
James Bowyer
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Browsers, curious onlookers and lurkers please check out our guild here if you're interested in some honest to goodness Pathfinder Society action. Thumb this thread if you love RPG!

PC Geeklist is here!

OOC thread is here!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You arrive in Diobel via the overland route from Absalom to meet a contact in a pub known as “The Tails”; a dingy, brine-soaked shack covered with swordfish tails located in a rundown section of town called South Reach. There, bitter longshoreman coming off the graveyard shifts pile in and slam rounds of a potent shark-fin liquor, cursing and complaining until they’re drunk enough to be carted home by noon. The disparaged scene has few prying eyes—the ideal place for Pathfinders to pass along their covert whispers. You enter early in the day, when the small crowd of older men is at its most drunk and rowdy, the revelry within barely contained by the boarded-up windows. You stand out like sore thumbs among the ruddy-faced dockworkers, most of whom have more ginblossoms than teeth. The crowd immediately heckles you for being up-scalers and gold-thumbers, demanding you spend some of your coin to buy the bar a round, but quickly fall silent when moments later, a dark, cloaked figure rises from the back of the bar. Then, eyes averted, everyone returns to their former conversations. Drawing back his cloak, your contact reveals himself—a man his late forties with obvious Chelaxian features and a faint beard. He introduces himself only as Osprey, then invites you to sit before he finally tells you why the Society dragged you to Diobel:
“We’ve word that the accursed Chelaxian pirate Darsielle Du Moire’s has anchored his much sought ship, the Hydra’s Fang, in the harbor. Everyone’s looking for that bastard. He carries with him some ancient tablets of extreme historical value to our organization. Unknown to most, Wittlestone, the small Andoren town Du Moire razed to the ground, was also home to Myraxus Threeshadows, a noted but aging sage and umber mystic supposedly of ancient Azlanti decent. Among Myraxus’s possessions he kept ancient forgeries of several tablets used in ancient rites during Old Azlant’s height. When Darsielle destroyed the village, he slew the wizard and took the tablets, hoping to pawn them to one of his buyers in Diobel. The tablets are a priceless archeological treasure, one greatly desired by the Pathfinder Society. In fact, just prior to the Azlanti’s death, we placed several bids to purchase the tablets and so naturally were the first to realize they’d gone missing. You must race to get Du Moire and recover the stolen tablets before his pursuers find him or he flees port."

“If our sources are correct, we’ve learned that he owes a substantial amount of money to one of the Consortium’s more ambitious Enforcers, an importer named Lubor Staizkal. Likely he needs to settle with him at some point. Go to Lubor’s shop on Meldon Lane, near the docks, and see if you can pick up Du Moire’s trail from there, then do whatever you can to get those tablets. May the Gods speed you in this task.”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Reiko nods as the man speaks, keeping an eye on the bar. Perception 1d20+5 = (19) + 5 = 24

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423025. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (19) + 5 =
  • 24
  • Perception
  • Mon Sep 2, 2013 5:32 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uriah adjusts the musket he's got slung over his shoulder, looking suspiciously at all the sailor folk leering at them. He listens intently to Osprey, meanwhile playing absentmindedly with a silver coin in his left hand.

"A pirate hunt, how exciting,"
he remarks after Osprey finishes.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bowyer
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jarle nods.

"Bring back the tablets. And the pirate himself?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reefgator wrote:
Jarle nods.

"Bring back the tablets. And the pirate himself?"

Osprey gives Jarle a nasty grin "The Pathfinders are not concerned with Du Moire's fate. He is a bloodthirsty pirate and has committed heinous acts of depravity and savagery. He will not be missed."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
not2fear wrote:
reefgator wrote:
Jarle nods.

"Bring back the tablets. And the pirate himself?"

Osprey gives Jarle a nasty grin "The Pathfinders are not concerned with Du Moire's fate. He is a bloodthirsty pirate and has committed heinous acts of depravity and savagery. He will not be missed."

So we hunt. Lets go then.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archibald Oaksley wipes some dust from his traveling outfit and thumps his quarterstaff on the ground absentmindedly. This Du Moire sounds like a reaver and a brigand. It will be a pleasure to take back what he has stolen, particularly as these tablets sound like a tremendous bank of knowledge. And if a scuffle ensues, well, not much we can do about that.

Turning to his companions he nods briskly. Shall we commence chaps? The gears of the clock turn ever onward, and Iomedae thirsts for justice.

Thumping his staff once more he gives Osprey a slight bow, and then turns and walks briskly towards the door.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Osprey acknowledges Archibald's bow with one of his own. "Do not tarry. Half the Inner Sea is hunting for Darsielle Du Moire, and the society needs you to find him first!"

On your contact's advice, you arrive at the door of one of Du Moire's supposed connections. A sign over the door reads "Lubor's Imports". The door hangs slightly ajar. All is dark within, and eerily silent. As you peer inside, you witness the scene of a recent brawl. Furniture lies smashes and strewn about. Near a closed door at the back of the shop, two bodies slump upon the floor, their blood pooling slowly beneath them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borstain, standing in the back, has remained quiet for the entire discussion. Nodding at his comrade's words, he throws his voice to the course of action. "Yes. Let us be on with this. The sooner this man is brought to justice, the happier Taldor, and the Inner Seas, will be!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bowyer
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jarle leads the way into the shop.

Perception 1d20+5 = (17) + 5 = 22
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423391. reefgator
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (17) + 5 =
  • 22
  • Perception
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:32 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The front room is as described above. When Jarle puts his ear to the closed door at the back of the shop, he hears sounds of boxes sliding around and some light banging, as if things were being moved around.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archibald holds up an arm to warn the others. [b]Careful gents, looks as though there was a bit of a scuffle.[/]b
He then slips forward next to Jarle at the door and prepares to burst in.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uriah slides his musket off his shoulder, readying it. He nods at the others, indicating he's ready.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borstain smiles at the group, excited for a chance to hunt down this pirate. As the others prepare for combat, Borstain realizes he should do the same, instead of daydreaming. Pulling his bow free, Borstain holds an arrow loosely in his fingers, ready to fire should the need arise.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Archibald holds up an arm to warn the others. [b]Careful gents, looks as though there was a bit of a scuffle.[/]b
He then slips forward next to Jarle at the door and prepares to burst in.

Can I have a DC15 STR check to bust the door down? Feel free to aid another, use a crowbar or battering ram etc.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bowyer
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jarle prepares to hit the door at the same time as Archibald.

Aid another (Str) 1d20+3 = (18) + 3 = 21
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423563. reefgator
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (18) + 3 =
  • 21
  • Aid another (Str)
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 1:20 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the door flies open under Jarle's assault, everyone sees a teenage girl hovering over the corpse of a middle-aged merchant. Her silent eyes filled with tears, she mouths the word “daddy.”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423710. not2fear
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (11) + 8 =
  • 19
  • Archi
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 423711. not2fear
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (14) + 6 =
  • 20
  • reiko
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 423712. not2fear
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Uriah
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 423713. not2fear
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (6) + 4 =
  • 10
  • Borstain
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 423714. not2fear
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Jarle
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 423716. not2fear
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (19) + 4 =
  • 23
  • G1
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 423717. not2fear
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • 16
  • G2
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:47 pm
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archibald turns and gives the door a stout kick.

Str Check 1d20+4 = (19) + 4 = 23
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423662. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (19) + 4 =
  • 23
  • Str Check
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 3:42 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
not2fear wrote:
The front room is as described above. When Jarle puts his ear to the closed door at the back of the shop, he hears sounds of boxes sliding around and some light banging, as if things were being moved around.

Reiko runs around to the back of the building to find a window she can slip through to enter the back room.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Off balance from kicking at the already open door, Archibald catches himself and approaches the girl slowly.

What happened here my dear? I have some skill with medicine and may be able to help.

Moving towards the downed man, Archibald pulls out his wand and tries to ascertain if they're too late to save this man.

Heal 1d20-2 = (18) - 2 = 16
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423666. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20-2 =
  • (18) - 2 =
  • 16
  • Heal
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 3:48 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uriah lowers his gun and scans the room for other occupants.

Perception: 1d20+6 = (7) + 6 = 13
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423683. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (7) + 6 =
  • 13
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 4:04 pm
James Bowyer
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jarle helps the girl up, allowing Archibald to tend to the man.

"What happened here?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Borstain remains where he is, ready to guard the rear, lest some ne'er-do-wells decide to attack them from behind.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two thugs who were waiting behind the door attack Archibald with longswords as he enters the room!

Surprise 1d20+4 = (20) + 4 = 24
Damage 1d8+3 = (6) + 3 = 9

Attack 1d20+4 = (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d8+3 = (7) + 3 = 10

One of the swords catches him in the side.
Initiative order
24 Uriah 12/12 hp
23 G1
20 Reiko 8/8hp
19 Archi 2/11hp
16 G2
12 Jarle 13/13hp
10 Borstain 18/18hp



Uriah, reiko and Archi are up once the map is available.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 423740. not2fear
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (20) + 4 =
  • 24
  • Surprise
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 423742. not2fear
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (6) + 3 =
  • 9
  • Damage
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 423743. not2fear
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (8) + 4 =
  • 12
  • Attack
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 423744. not2fear
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Damage
  • Tue Sep 3, 2013 5:13 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |