Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for actual gameplay. OOC comments should be marked as such, for example by using the [ ooc ] tag.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Sakura Nij eddie_drood Ninja 1 52640-4 Cheliax
Adione cocuzzi Cleric 2 87646-1 Sczarni
Zinnyatis Renay Bearpaw Bard 1 23847-4 Taldor
Nora St. Claire beekers Fighter 2 91872-1 Andoran
Ta’lon Bludhaven Hadda Magus 2 89983-1 Grand Lodge
Ilyana allyse Oracle 1 77969-3 Grand Lodge

Quick link to the OOC thread.
Quick link to Character Depository.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've all been summoned from your off duty quarters and activities to the Pathfinder HQ in Absalom.

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng’s pinched face is hard to see from behind the stack of books that divide the front of his office from the space behind his desk. A shockingly old man with white hair and slightly milky eyes, he is surprised by the appearance of outsiders in his office, and looks up, half startled and half relieved.

“Thank you for coming on such short notice. I’d been meaning to give this assignment to you at a later date, and with less pressing time constraints, but it seems that time has conspired against us.” Dreng mumbles to himself as he passes out a stack of notes and maps from behind the wall of books.

“These notes are from a recent Chronicle—it contains some interesting finds, but one of them is now the utmost priority to the Society.”

Dreng lightly taps a bony finger on a map, on which can be seen a section of Absalom with a small corner townhouse circled in deep red.

“This townhouse is a façade for an underground vault. The vault belonged to an old noble family of Absalom that was expelled a decade ago—the Decklands. The family was forced out when their patriarch—a man known as Orias—was discovered to have written documents detailing the city’s defenses, documents he intended to hand over to hostile forces loyal to Cheliax. The Chronicle indicates that a copy of these documents exist within the vault.”

“A Pathfinder looking into the Decklands and their Chronicle references in Cheliax was attacked and killed ten days ago. The thugs made off with a copy of his notes — fortunately, he’d already sent us another. We have reason to believe it was the work of the Decklands’ oldest child, a young woman named Celeena, and she’s the reason this assignment is now urgent. The fact that Celeena and her forces were willing to kill a Pathfinder for this information shows how desperate they are to retrieve the documents. If she were able to get these documents and return them to Cheliax, it would undermine the defenses of the whole city, as well as cause the Society undue headaches. Find Celeena, find the documents in her vault, and prevent this situation from turning into one big mess for the Society.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione writes in his journal and returns it to its place, retrieves his mug, and drinks some water.

"A mission within the city limits? Interesting. This will give ample opportunity to visit our local temples before heading into the glory of battle."

In Abyssal, said with a sly grin, Adione says
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ta'lon, try not do die on me, okay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
In Abyssal, Ta'lon replies with and equally sly grin
"I don't think your god is ready for my soul just yet, my friend"

To the others:

"It is good to see you all again"

Looking at Zinnyatis Renay, and speaking in Abyssal
Do you speak Abyssal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis is obviously some sort of tiefling outsider, judging from her tail, nor does she make any effort to hide the curved dark horns growing out of the sides of her head. Her flawless alabaster skin stands in stark contrast to her purple hair and her gleaming red eyes. She moves with an otherworldly grace, the swaying of her hips almost hypnotizing, her voice soft and melodious. Her clothes consist of dark leather armor with some sort of seven-pointed crown embroidered on it in silver thread, beneath which she wears a silk shirt. Hanging from a leather belt at her waist are a whip and a cruel-looking barbed sword.

She gives Ta'lon a lovely smile, answering him,

Abyssal:
"Oh my, what gave it away?"

She then turns to Venture-captain Dreng, asking for clarification, "Obviously I have no particular love for Cheliax, but I assume you'd prefer for us to apprehend this woman alive? After all, if she's allied with Cheliax I'm sure you would prefer to avoid a political backlash."

Had to check if I gave her abyssal or infernal, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb

"Ineed, Zinnyatis Renay's question has merit. We need to know what are limitations are, if any."

With a smile to Zinyatis Renay, in Abyssal
"Just curious as to which side of the trail you fell on"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, a thoughful question. Truth of the matter is, as long as you secure those documents all is well in the eyes of the Pathfinder Society. If she is willing to surrender, then by all means spare her, but if not..." the VC shrugs, leaving the last bit unsaid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh yes, that's me, thoughtful," Zinnyatis smiles. "One last question, if you don't mind. I couldn't help but notice you mentioned Celeena and her forces. What kind of forces are we talking about here?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smiling and nodding to the others Ilyana turns to Drandle Dreng and asks "What can we expect of this vault? And how do we get inside it? How big is it?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura shrugs off the questions, saying

"A closet or a mansion are all the same to the dead. But didn't she already have access to the family...eh, whatever. Arrows will stick in them regardless of family history."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hmm? Her forces? Right, right..." murmurs Dreng before he stars fumbling through his papers. "I don't see why it would matter. Surely it is of no concern to a group of well trained and disciplined pathfinders, such as yourselves. Lets see, uuh, right, here. Looks like she brought with herself some sellswords, mercenaries. Call themselves the Devil's Claw Company. Made up of failed Hellknights. I'm sure you'll do all right."

Dreng looks over at Ilyana. "The Chronicle only gives the loosest of description, I'm afraid. The vault was reportedly used to store a portion of the family's wealth and was supposedly ingeniously trapped when the Decklands fled Absalom. The family archives, where the documents should be stored, should be right next to the family crypt in the lower levels. As for the size of it, who can tell? The Decklands were a rich family, so I'm sure they built to impress, even from beyond the grave. As for the entrance, aside from it being somewhere in that town house, I cannot say. That is for you to find out."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis freezes at the mention of Hellknights. "Seriously, you're sending us against a company of Hellknights? Do you really think that's wise? Those bastards are pretty much trained to torment our kind," she says exasperatedly, motioning toward herself and the two other tieflings.

"I should have stayed in Oppara, this deal is getting worse all the time..." Zinnyatis mutters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh dear, oh dear. No, failed Hellknights. Probably not very good at it then, right?" smiles Dreng before returning to his papers. "Was there anything else, hmm?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis seems to gather her wits again and says, "Well I should hope so. Wish us luck," and she strides out of the room with a swagger.

"My name is Zinnyatis by the way, Zinnyatis Renay. I'm a performer in Oppara, in Taldor, or I was at least. Perhaps you've heard of me?" She says to the others, once outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione shrugs apologetically.

"For me, performance only matters on the battlefield and in the bedroom."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb

"Apologies, Zinnyatis Renay, but I am afraid I have not heard of you, though I must say I have not had the time to pursue leisurely activity such as theater for the past few years. I am known as Ta'lon Bludhaven, the other tiefling is known as Adione, a champion of Gorum. The small feisty one dressed in black is Sakura Nij, our Mistress of Shadows, the tall woman standing the back encased in metal is Nora, our strong right arm of the group, and last but not least, our resident elven archer, Ilyana."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura shrugs. "I'm not from around here. I'm sure you are very good, or whatever."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb

"Well, this should prove to be an interesting mission: failed Hellknights attempting to gain entrance to the city, then to a townhouse, then to a vault. It is up to us to stop them before they leave with sensitive information that could put the lives of everyone in the city, not to mention the Society's interests, in jeopardy. How I do enjoy a good challenge."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura nods in agreement.

"If we know where we're heading, we should get moving. Maybe we can get in and out before they get through the city gate."

She heads out the door with a glance and smirk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis simply smiles at Adione. "I didn't mention what kind of performer I was," she winks. Before giving him a chance to reply, she struts away. "Let's find this place quickly, and hopefully before these Hellknights do," she says with an audible quiver in her voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb

With a hearty laugh:

"With our luck, Sakura Nij, unlikely."

Following Zinnyatis out the door:
"Clearly I need to attend the theater more often..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously uncomfortably addressing the group in general while doing a good job at avoiding eye contact with anyone:

"If you are all done with your ... remarks ... I believe the lives of the entire city are waiting for us to get underway."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione shrugs again, resting his greatsword in its usual place, and begins the trek toward the townhouse.

Adione's natural "at rest" posture is essentially the same as Auron, from FFX. Weapons don't belong in sheathes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of someone else ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer