Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
585 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 

Feast of Ravenmoor» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: n2f Feast of Ravenmoor IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the module, "Feast of Ravenmoor".

The Players:
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Browsers, curious onlookers and lurkers please check out our guild here if you're interested in some honest to goodness Pathfinder Society action. Thumb this thread if you love RPG!

PC Geeklist is here!

OOC thread here!
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Module cover! A hint of things to come? Read on, faithful player...


The adventure begins with the PCs seated in the private room at the Drunken Dog in Ordellia, a relatively quiet and out-of-the-way tavern just south of the Yondabakari River. Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch has sent a team of Pathfinders to attend an important meeting with Magnimarian bookkeeper Jeminda Anikee....


Jeminda locks and unlocks her fingers nervously. "Thank you for attending this meeting. I knew i could count on the Pathfinders for help! A few weeks ago, I discovered that the small village of Ravenmoor hadn’t paid its taxes to Magnimar in several years. The village’s yearly tax owed has never been large, so it’s not surprising that the mistake has gone unnoticed for so long. In fact, my research suggests that the village hasn’t been lax with its payments maliciously, but rather as a result of Magnimar simply forgetting to send a tax collector up to the remote village because of a repeated clerical error over the past 15 years. But while a year’s worth of taxes might not be much, over the course of several years of missed payments and penalties, the amount due has climbed to 500 gp."

"I didn’t want to go to my superiors with this news before I had the 500 gp accounted for, so i contacted a tax collector I knew I could trust—my brother-in-law Elias Kyle. I received a short letter from him from Galduria a week after he set out to collect the 500 gp from Ravenmoor, but in the 2 weeks since that missive, I've heard nothing. Elias seems to have vanished, and now I feel responsible not only for a missing 500 gp but for a missing employee of the free city of Magnimar."

"I would like you to travel to Ravenmoor as quickly and quietly as possible, and once there to accomplish two tasks: to find out what happened to Elias and to collect the 500 gp owed in back taxes. If the townsfolk aren’t able or willing to pay the money, I will settle for a report to that effect and can then go to my superiors for further support—my primary concern at this point is for my brother-in-law’s safety."


Jeminda looks at the party with pleading eyes, about to burst into tears.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dartanian frowns. "A missing tax collector. What is the connection with the Pathfinder Society?"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
Dartanian frowns. "A missing tax collector. What is the connection with the Pathfinder Society?"


"Sheila Heidmarch told me that you could help. She mentioned that the Lodge will need my help for an unrelated matter in the near future."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Under his breath, Dartanian mutters, "And I suppose that reveals just how much value Sheila Heidmarch places on me."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still new to the Society and deciding to stay on despite the Lantern Lodge withdrawing somewhat, Junpei is wary of rocking the boat.

"I guess there is a rhyme to the reason, and we are the instruments." he states not sure if he got it right.

"Anyway Jeminda, has passage been made for us to Ravenmoor?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Don't worry, we'll find him" Kadrun smiles at the book-keeper. She intends the smile to be reassuring but it has the unfortunate effect of showing her small tusks. "Can you tell us anything about the village or the villagers? Are they farmers, miners...?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Still new to the Society and deciding to stay on despite the Lantern Lodge withdrawing somewhat, Junpei is wary of rocking the boat.

"I guess there is a rhyme to the reason, and we are the instruments." he states not sure if he got it right.

"Anyway Jeminda, has passage been made for us to Ravenmoor?"

"Why yes, have arranged for a merchant caravan to travel with you and drop you off near Ravenmoor"

The journey will be handwaved and the party will appear at the outskirts of Ravenmoor
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
"Don't worry, we'll find him" Kadrun smiles at the book-keeper. She intends the smile to be reassuring but it has the unfortunate effect of showing her small tusks. "Can you tell us anything about the village or the villagers? Are they farmers, miners...?"

"It is a remote backwater village, mostlly farmers." Jemima answers, nervously looking at the druid's tusks.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"So there is nothing unusual about the village and its inhabitants? Nothing to suggest any foul play to your brother-in-law?" Junpei queries.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
"So there is nothing unusual about the village and its inhabitants? Nothing to suggest any foul play to your brother-in-law?" Junpei queries.

Jemima sighs, "It is a dreary backwater, filled with mosquitoes and soggy bogs. Nothing that would suggest foul play, really. Which is why Kyle's disappearance is unusual. I would have expected him back by now."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Who should we contact when we get to Ravenmoor? Is there a headman, village elder?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadrun looks thoughtful for a moment. "Do you have anything of Kyle's we could take with us? A scarf or hat or similar? It may help us track him."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
"It is a dreary backwater, filled with mosquitoes and soggy bogs. Nothing that would suggest foul play, really."[/b]
Dartanian mutters. "Mosquitos and soggy bogs. Better and better. Seems foul enough to me. He probably just got sucked into a bog."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiu Ying sits with the others around the private table, taking no drink. In the dim light of the tavern, it is hard to make out much detail about her dark garb. Her hair is pinned back with a pair of deep violet chopsticks. She does not speak as the others begin querying the bookkeeper about their mission, though her expression is one of focused concentration and she does occasionally nod slightly as information is shared.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Junpei tries to recall what he heard about Ravenmoor on his journey through Varisia when he travelled from Tian Xia to Absalom a year ago.

Know. (local) 1d20+5 = (18) + 5 = 23 assuming you can't Take 10 or 20, I can't remember for this skill.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414133. batcut
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (18) + 5 =
  • 23
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
"Who should we contact when we get to Ravenmoor? Is there a headman, village elder?"

Jemima looks alittle uncertain. "You should contact Kyle. Unless he cannot be located. In which case you should contact the village leader I suppose. I've never been there before."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowolf wrote:
Kadrun looks thoughtful for a moment. "Do you have anything of Kyle's we could take with us? A scarf or hat or similar? It may help us track him."

Jemima looks apologetic"Unfortunately I don't have any of his personal items on me. We're related, but not that close I'm afraid..."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Junpei tries to recall what he heard about Ravenmoor on his journey through Varisia when he travelled from Tian Xia to Absalom a year ago.

Know. (local) batcut previously rolled 1d20+5 = (18) + 5 = 23 assuming you can't Take 10 or 20, I can't remember for this skill.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ravenmoor is located almost 250 miles from Magnimar
through foothills, forests, and marshland. Those
traveling from Magnimar to Ravenmoor essentially have
two choices: the Lost Coast Road or the Yondabakari River.
While the Lost Coast route is overland, the river route is
longer. Both routes meet up in Galduria; from there the
rest of the journey is generally made via horseback along a
well-traveled road on the western shore of the Lampblack
River. As the Lampblack curves away to the east, this road
continues north along the edge of Churlwood, eventually
reaching Roderic’s Cove and Riddleport. Travelers to
Ravenmoor must abandon the road at this bend in the
river to follow a little-used trail up along the river’s west
banks into increasingly dreary landscapes of bogland
and bleak moors. During the day, the preponderance of
ravens in the skies gives subtle encouragement that one
is on the right track to Ravenmoor, but as the sun sets,
the mosquitoes come alive....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiu Ying eyes Jeminda warily as the woman provides (or fails to provide) additional information based on her associates' queries.

Sense Motive (is she hiding something?) 1d20+4 = (12) + 4 = 16
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414460. prog_frog
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (12) + 4 =
  • 16
  • Sense Motive (is she hiding something?)
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Turning to Dartanian, "Hopefully we can time our arrival for daylight and avoid the mosquitoes." he says. "We should prepare to go, if there is nothing else - Hiroshi has been in the stables too long and I will need to prepare him for the journey. I assume we are going by boat for speed."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Turning to Dartanian, "Hopefully we can time our arrival for daylight and avoid the mosquitoes." he says. "We should prepare to go, if there is nothing else - Hiroshi has been in the stables too long and I will need to prepare him for the journey. I assume we are going by boat for speed."

Jemima replies "I have arranged for a merchant caravan to travel with you, but if you wish to travel by boat, that can be arranged as well."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dartanian shrugs. "I don't really care how we get there. I can be ready to go in half an hour. I just need to pick up a few things from my room."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
prog_frog wrote:
Xiu Ying eyes Jeminda warily as the woman provides (or fails to provide) additional information based on her associates' queries.

prog_frog previously rolled 1d20+4 = (12) + 4 = 16 (Sense Motive (is she hiding something?))

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Jemima seems to be withholding information about Elias Kyle. She avoids looking anyone in the eye and glances involuntarily at the bar counter when discussing him.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Junpei tries to recall what he heard about Ravenmoor on his journey through Varisia when he travelled from Tian Xia to Absalom a year ago.

Know. (local) batcut previously rolled 1d20+5 = (18) + 5 = 23 assuming you can't Take 10 or 20, I can't remember for this skill.

There is some uncertainty over whether one can Take 10 on Knowledge skills because of the Loremaster prestige class ability. I really don't see why you can't and do so often myself. If anyone knows of any rule or source that clarifies this point, please share...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] |