Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2/Fighter 1 78307-2 Taldor
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 2/Druid 1 78727-1 Sczarni
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 2/Barbarian 1 78729-1 Andoran
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2/Bard 1 73392-2 Andoran
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 2 76206-3 Lantern Lodge

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The group has been called together urgently by Indo who excitedly told them that he had been asked by his Lantern Lodge Venture-Captain Amara Li to assemble a group of the finest heroes he could find. Since they were all busy at short notice, he has called the regular group back together again.

After a visit to the Master of Spells, you have all been transported to the city of Ramparassad, the capital city in the nation of Dtang Ma, in eastern Tian Xia.

Venture-Captain Amara Li is waiting in a well-maintained private garden behind a house on a quiet street. She speaks once everyone has arrived and has had an opportunity to enjoy tea. “Oh Indo, lovely to see you again, I'm so relieved to see you could answer my call!" She casts her gaze across the rest of the group, a brief look of surprise and concern flicking momentarily across her face before her pleasant, calm demeanour returns. "Are these your friends? I see that you've...er, branched out a bit since we last met. I hope you still remember your teachings!"

Turning one by one to the group she gives a polite bow and continues. "For those who don't know me I am Amara Li, Venture-Captain for the Lantern Lodge faction. When first I arrived in Absalom two years ago, I had a simple but nuanced mission: to increase communication and sharing of resources between the Pathfinder Society and its counterpart in Tian Xia by establishing the Lantern Lodge’s position on the other side of the world.” She pauses briefly to sip her tea, before adding, “More than a year ago we successfully purchased and restored the house known as Hinojai, which was once a base for the Way of the Kirin. When we acquired Hinojai, it was as much a gambit to attract the attention of the remaining agents of the Way of the Kirin as it was an opportune acquisition of real estate. And indeed, a man claiming to be an agent of the Way recently contacted me by leaving me a message here.”

“Although the Way of the Kirin fell into ruin with the fall of Lung Wa a century ago, its far-reaching resources remain valuable, and it still commands great respect. If the Pathfinder Society could ally itself with the Way, the relationship would be of immense benefit to both organizations."

Amara’s voice reveals her satisfaction as she says, “Pathfinders, we are on the cusp of just such an alliance.
In a day’s time, we shall meet with this representative from the Way of the Kirin, and you are to act as security for me and ensure that the meeting is a success. I do not expect any trouble from the Way, but after all of the betrayals and double-crosses that the Society has experienced over the past few years, I worry that this is an elaborate setup by the Aspis Consortium. I have arranged for us all to be transported to the site early tomorrow morning, so take care of any errands you have in Ramparassad this afternoon. There are no settlements near our destination, and we will be spending the night there. I expect you understand the need to be fully prepared.”

Amara Li stares into the dregs of her tea as though she were attempting to discern some lost thoughts in the green leaves floating at the cups bottom, then looks up. “Ah yes—before the negotiations begin in earnest, I will host a formal tea ceremony to set the tone. I encourage you to participate, though doing so is not required. I would, however, expect you to dress appropriately for the event.” Her eyes glance briefly to Ozzg and Sir Mojo at that last comment but with that she stands and waits to accept any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo, prior to their arrival here, spent quite some time lamenting the fact that he cannot possibly be away from his newly acquired venue for too long, and that the fair folk of Tian Xia might not even have heard of the mighty Milo Montajay and his heroic deeds, and thus wouldn't be able to fully appreciate his presence.

He steps forward and performs a theatrical bow. "My lady! Please, allow me... I am the bard, the actor and your servant, Milo Montajay. I assure you, we will all [here a glance back at Ozzg and the knighted ape] do our outmost not only to guard your high person, we will also do so with the grace and professionality [another glance, longer this time] that this outfit has been known to bring to all and every challenge. Why, not too long ago we vanquished the most hateful foe and slayer of good taste, the so called Ramaldan. Upon the very doorsteps to a plane of devilry and wickedness the battle took place, and his screams of pain were muffled only by his outspoken admiration for our collective skills and bravery. 'Milo!' he said. 'Milo! A worthier nemesis I could not have found in all of existence'. Such were his words. I..."

Milo falters here and hesitates. "You have heard of me, have you not? My lady?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Struggling to follow all the long words Ozgg stands there in his own thoughts munching on a rat he found in his pockets with hardly any maggots in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram raises an eyebrow beneath his singed, slightly blood-and-vomit-stained hat.

"Sorry old girl, just to clear things up a tad - when you say "appropriately dressed", do you mean one of those bloody silk dressing-gown things?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo hangs his head and sighs. Sighs deeply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ozgg no wear dress!" He snarls before going back to chewing on the days old rat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo joins the discussion.
"I'll gladly join, but I'll have to buy some appropriate clothes first and I guess that Mr. Snuggles won't be allowed there, right?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo, prior to their arrival here, spent quite some time lamenting the fact that he cannot possibly be away from his newly acquired venue for too long, and that the fair folk of Tian Xia might not even have heard of the mighty Milo Montajay and his heroic deeds, and thus wouldn't be able to fully appreciate his presence.

He steps forward and performs a theatrical bow. "My lady! Please, allow me... I am the bard, the actor and your servant, Milo Montajay. I assure you, we will all [here a glance back at Ozzg and the knighted ape] do our outmost not only to guard your high person, we will also do so with the grace and professionality [another glance, longer this time] that this outfit has been known to bring to all and every challenge. Why, not too long ago we vanquished the most hateful foe and slayer of good taste, the so called Ramaldan. Upon the very doorsteps to a plane of devilry and wickedness the battle took place, and his screams of pain were muffled only by his outspoken admiration for our collective skills and bravery. 'Milo!' he said. 'Milo! A worthier nemesis I could not have found in all of existence'. Such were his words. I..."

Milo falters here and hesitates. "You have heard of me, have you not? My lady?"

A picture of calm and self control, Amara reflects on Milo's question. "Milo you say? Montajay? Now let me think. I...well I must beg a thousand pardons, but no I have not...but I have not been over to Absalom for quite some time. I'm sure that is it. No doubt your fame over there is well deserved."

She is about to continue to answer the other questions when she turns back to Milo with a smile. "Oh, but you mentioned some villian named Ramaldan. That reminds me, I did ever so love a bard with a similar name when I was in Absalom last. Rama...no, Ronald...no...ah, yes, Randalan! Yes, that was it! Randalan! Oh, he was wonderful! I've never seen such a commanding presence on stage. Have you heard of him? Is he perchance one of your friends?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
Hiram raises an eyebrow beneath his singed, slightly blood-and-vomit-stained hat.

"Sorry old girl, just to clear things up a tad - when you say "appropriately dressed", do you mean one of those bloody silk dressing-gown things?

Amara barely raises an eyebrow at Hiram's offputting attire, the wrinkling of her nose and the squint of her eye almost imperceptible to even the most astute of observers. "Well, yes...I mean not dressing-gowns per se, but a silk robe would fit in very nicely. Failing that if you make an effort of some kind to dress as befits a formal occasion that is all I could ask. You must understand that this meeting is of the utmost importance to me...I wouldn't ask if it wasn't, I assure you!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Endo joins the discussion.
"I'll gladly join, but I'll have to buy some appropriate clothes first and I guess that Mr. Snuggles won't be allowed there, right?"

The Venture-Captain looks to Endo and then to his wolf. "Well, I don't see why not...as long as he's well groomed and behaved. An animal can be a most noble companion and should be given due respect. If he is as important to you as he appears, then it would be impolite of me to refuse him." She bends down and touches Mr. Snuggles' head lightly. "Yes, I can see his is noble indeed! I will arrange a special place for him. Tell me what does he eat?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:

A picture of calm and self control, Amara reflects on Milo's question. "Milo you say? Montajay? Now let me think. I...well I must beg a thousand pardons, but no I have not...but I have not been over to Absalom for quite some time. I'm sure that is it. No doubt your fame over there is well deserved."
Hiram grins. "You couldn't be more right, dear lady. Our companion here deserves exactly the level of fame he has in Absalom."

Quote:

She is about to continue to answer the other questions when she turns back to Milo with a smile. [COLOR=#9900FF][b]"Oh, but you mentioned some villian named Ramaldan. That reminds me, I did ever so love a bard with a similar name when I was in Absalom last. Rama...no, Ronald...no...ah, yes, Randalan! Yes, that was it! Randalan! Oh, he was wonderful! I've never seen such a commanding presence on stage. Have you heard of him? Is he perchance one of your friends?"
"Heard of him. Met him. Stabbed him."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Amara barely raises an eyebrow at Hiram's offputting attire, the wrinkling of her nose and the squint of her eye almost imperceptible to even the most astute of observers. "Well, yes...I mean not dressing-gowns per se, but a silk robe would fit in very nicely. Failing that if you make an effort of some kind to dress as befits a formal occasion that is all I could ask. You must understand that this meeting is of the utmost importance to me...I wouldn't ask if it wasn't, I assure you!"
"Oh, alright. I'll run my hat under the jolly old waterpump, what?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Randalan. Yes. That was the one." mutters Milo, withdrawing somewhat from the immediate presence of the lady, sensing that she might not be all right in the head, after all. He grumpily gets his pipe in order and lights it up, a cloude of smoke rising up from the fuming visage of the bard, lacking only in thunder to complete the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
The Venture-Captain looks to Endo and then to his wolf. "Well, I don't see why not...as long as he's well groomed and behaved. An animal can be a most noble companion and should be given due respect. If he is as important to you as he appears, then it would be impolite of me to refuse him." She bends down and touches Mr. Snuggles' head lightly. "Yes, I can see his is noble indeed! I will arrange a special place for him. Tell me what does he eat?"

"He eats almost any kind of meat, honoured Amara Li."

Also, Endo will later go purchase some clothing, say, a courtier's outfit in Andoran colours, including the faction symbol to represent properly. And groom Mr. Snuggles. of course. Nobody likes fleas, not even the nobles. Well, maybe except Ozgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara looks around the group once again. "No more questions? Very good! If any of you have any business to attend to in Ramparassad, now would be the time. We will leave here for the island at first light tomorrow. Until then you are free to do whatever you please...just report back here tomorrow with clear minds and bright eyes!"

If anyone has faction missions in Ramparassad that they want to complete or any purchases you haven't already mentioned justlet me know. Otherwise, just say when you are ready to get going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg grunts and goes in search of fancy clothes for him and Sir Mojo. "You's coming?"
"Ook!"

How much to get a nobles costume for Mojo, normal price is 75gp? Ozgg will by a entertainers costume(specifically a jesters, 3gp) because he thinks it looks posh!

They arrive back, their costumes secured in Ozgg's backpack.

If the nobles costume is out, I'll get a old nobles wig for Mojo. They have to look their best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goddamnit Ozgg. Btw, lets not rush ahead too far, Indo might wanna hobknob some with his giiiirlfriiiiend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo stands tall, yet mostly silent as the group talks with his Venture Captain. Despite their rough edges (Ozgg was currently running a rat tail between his teeth), they were the best, not just the only ones he could find.

He nods to Miss Li. "Yes, ma'am, I have remembered my teachings. They and my friends here have been my source of strength when faced with the many evils we have encountered."

Once Amara has finished talking, Indo feels the eyes of the group upon him. "That's odd," he thought. "Why are they?...No, they would never know. It was just one night. Besides it was just a dance, and monks can dance just as well as anyone else can."

With an extremely small and barely noticeable crack in his calm demeanor, the monk starts moving everyone on their way. "To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent. Now let us be about our business"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, I see you have remembered your teachings after all, Indo! You please me...as always!" With a warm smile and just the barest hint of a wink, Amara bows to Indo as he leads the group out of the briefing.

So, anyone want to do anything here in Ramparassad? Or are you ready to head off to 'The Island!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo is eager to get away, once he's acquired the proper outfit with the mandatory accessories. "That went... not-bad." he mutters on the way out, giving Sir Mojo the stinkeye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Mojo sticks his tongue out at Milo, blowing him a raspberry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next morning the group returns to Amara, who performs a slight double-take at Ozzg's dress, one that only the sharpest eyed observer would even see. Her demeanour, remains as calm as a still, icy lake, one with only the smallest crack appearing at its edge. "I see that you've all picked up some new, well at least different, clothes. You'll all certainly make an impression with the Kirin...let's go, shall we? We're expected quite soon!"

Along with Amara and a pair of servants, you are all teleported to the island where the meeting will occur, She reveals that you are now on a small volcanic island at the northern end of the Minatan Archipelago. A black stone pier juts out from the beach, though years of pounding surf and use make it impossible to discern whether it was magic or skilled hands that constructed the pier. Igneous black sand peppered with chunks of dark gray rock makes up the beach. Further up the hill, the landscape is filled with strange shapes eroded from the charcoal-colored stone. Wild basalt beasts, bizarre pumice chimneys, igneous archways, and twisted stone snakes line the winding milelong path that crawls up the steep hillside. The black tiles of the lighthouses’s rooftop is just barely visible between two of the more serpentine stone menhirs. A light mist dampens the docks and darkens the stone to a glossy black.

A lighthouse towers above a two-story house. Both structures are made primarily of the local soot-colored basalt. The lighthouse appears to be intact, but the manor has fared less well—its windows lack screens and its roof sags, suggest it has suffered badly from decades of neglect. These structures perch at the edge of a cliff, with the north-facing side of the house supported by tall stilts anchored deep into the cliff.

You would have learned in Rmparassad that the Golden League is likely to try and sabotage or interrupt the gathering of the Lantern Lodge and the Way of the Kirin. Fortunately, the island contains items and hazards that the group can create, repurpose, or enhance to hinder the enemy.

Let me know any precautions, traps etc. that you may wish to setup or take on the approach to the lighthouse. I will post a map of the lighthouse soon and give you some details of what you find within that may aid in your preparations as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping pace with Amara Milo carefully inquires. "My lady, what an... interesting place. I'm sure a location such as this must be teeming with stories to be told and retold, hmm?"

A bit geographically confused, is this the Hinojai house?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is!

Ground Floor is shown on the top. 1st floor on the bottom. There is an attached lighthouse as well.

I will post some detailed room descriptions once you decide to go inside after making any preparations outside if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] |