Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
623 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 

Feast of Ravenmoor» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: UE: Feast of Ravenmoor (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group of Pathfinders finds itself called in to Sheila's study. The Venture-Captain gives the group a small smile for their welcome. Another woman, a young, petite brunette, sits in a chair against the wall and waiting quietly.

"Given the recent happenings in Mendev, I was curious who I would end up with. It seems I've been blessed that you all haven't been shipped off to help the Crusade, yet. And before you do, I have one last task for you.

As you know, the Society has made great gains here in Magnimar, and established itself as a true friend of the city, and the nation. Using that friendship, the city of Magnimar, or rather, one of its bookkeepers, has asked us to perform a small favor them. I'll let her explain."


Turning, Sheila nods to the seated woman, who quickly stands up and offers the Pathfinders a quick nod of her head. The woman obviously seems a little nervous, given the fact that she constantly fidgets with the hem of her shirt, and the slight, almost impercetible shake to her voice.

"Uh, yes. Glad you could help me out. I'm Jeminda, Jeminda Anikee. I work as a bookkeeper for Magnimar. And, you see, several weeks ago, I, uh, disocvered that a small village, called Ravenmoor, hadn't paid its taxes to Magnimar in several years. While the annual taxes aren't much, they've accumulated a bit over the years, to about 500 gold pieces. Now, they aren't at fault, mind you; we, errr, Magnimar, has just forgotten to send a tax collector there.

Well, I, uh, contacted another tax collector I could trust, my, uh brother-in-law. Elias Kyle, is his name. And he agreed to go and collect the taxes for me. I received a short letter from him, from Galduria it was sent, about a week after he set out to collect the taxes. However, that was two weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since. So, now, not only do we not have the taxes, but Elias seems to have, err, vanished.

I would have, uh, gone to my superiors with this. But, they've been rather busy, and we've been understaffed. So, I thought I might impose upon you all to help me out. Please, travel to Ravenmoor as quickly, and quietly, as possible. Find Elias, and bring him, and the taxes, back. If you do, I can promise you Magnimar will be grateful."


As Jeminda finishes, Sheila turns her cool gaze back to the group once more. "As you guessed, I've decided to maintain the Society's goodwill. So, I'll be sending you lot to Ravenmoor. Pack your things and head out; as the sooner you finish this, the sooner you can head off to Mendev. Any questions?"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"If they were decent, law-abiding citizens, they should take a more responsible stance out of their own volition, and not wait for the city to take action," the armored woman says. Her curly red hair cascades down to her shoulders like a waterfall, spilling onto her black polished armor and red cloak.

Her dark eyes survey the room and its occupants.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since when is the Lodge in the business of tax collection? "Pardon me for saying so...but governments don't typically "forget" to collect taxes no matter how small the village. Is there something about Ravenmoor that you're not telling us?"

K: Local 1d20+6 = (15) + 6 = 21
K: History 1d20+12 = (16) + 12 = 28
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 413084. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (15) + 6 =
  • 21
  • K: Local
  • Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 413085. dbeman
  • 1d20+12 =
  • (16) + 12 =
  • 28
  • K: History
  • Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 pm
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A vibrantly red haired young man adorned in rich clothing and jewelry smiles from where he is seated.

"You have obviously never worked in government. The bigger it becomes and the more bureauratic staff it accumulates, the more things slip between the cracks. I am sure we will have no problem convincing the good people of Ravenmoor to pay what is owed."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bel, looking... darker... than he has in the past perks up when he realizes that the Pathfinders have become tax collectors. "If Torch were still with Spoiler about the last scenario in season 4 - highlight to readus, we wouldn't be doing this kind of garbage!"

Bel looks at the jaws dropping of those faces around him. "What? You all know I'm right!"

Someone puts a hand on his shoulder, and Bel visibly relaxes. "I'm sorry..." Bel seems to shrink when he apologizes.

"Fine, we'll be tax collectors." his shoulders seem to collapse.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Despite his stature, Erwin Othollo, halfling bard and generally good fellow, takes the hand of the young woman.

Now I say, it is within our power to help, then help we shall do, what what? I must say, you do seem shaken, perhaps more than just a job would make of it. What worries you so?

His bardic voice and demeanor only aids in his attempt to calm the young woman.

Because he can be diplomatic... 1d20+8 = (16) + 8 = 24
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 413212. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (16) + 8 =
  • 24
  • Because he can be diplomatic...
  • Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
"If they were decent, law-abiding citizens, they should take a more responsible stance out of their own volition, and not wait for the city to take action," the armored woman says. Her curly red hair cascades down to her shoulders like a waterfall, spilling onto her black polished armor and red cloak.

Her dark eyes survey the room and its occupants.


dbeman wrote:
Since when is the Lodge in the business of tax collection? "Pardon me for saying so...but governments don't typically "forget" to collect taxes no matter how small the village. Is there something about Ravenmoor that you're not telling us?"

dbeman previously rolled 1d20+6 = (15) + 6 = 21 (K: Local)
dbeman previously rolled 1d20+12 = (16) + 12 = 28 (K: History)


The woman licks her lips in a hint of nervousness before she responds. "Well, you see, Ravenmoor isn't the most, uh....accessible, town. It's a small farming community, really. It's located off the beaten path, nestled between the Churlwood and the Malgorian Mountains. As such, there was a clerical error, an oversight where the city was left off the collections routes. Individually, it's taxes weren't missed, as they're typically such a minor amount."

As she speaks, Sheila rolls out a map of Varisia on her table and points to Ravenmoor's location, recently marked on the map.

 
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Despite his stature, Erwin Othollo, halfling bard and generally good fellow, takes the hand of the young woman.

Now I say, it is within our power to help, then help we shall do, what what? I must say, you do seem shaken, perhaps more than just a job would make of it. What worries you so?

His bardic voice and demeanor only aids in his attempt to calm the young woman.

ThatFedoraGuy previously rolled 1d20+8 = (16) + 8 = 24 (Because he can be diplomatic... )


The woman gives a soft laugh, and a shake of her head. "Nothing, really. I was, uh, trying to be proactive. I sent Elias to collect taxes without, uh, telling my superiors. Now, I fear, I may have made things worse. And, uh, I'm also afraid Elias may have, umm, skipped town. He used to enjoy the bottle, but he was, uh, reforming. I fear he may have taken the taxes and run off. To Riddleport, most likely. I hope that was not the case, but, uh, the worries do exist."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stugbu, an extremely tall half orc stands towards the front of the room. Dressed in shining half-plate armor and wearing around his neck a shining wayfinder emblazoned with the symbol of the Shining Crusade, he looks a little confused during all the talk of taxes and recovering lost funds. "We no need to have to count this money, do we? Stugbu happy to carry it home if it in big sack, but not so good at counting coins!" At the talk of Elias and running off with the money, he frowns. "You think this friend of yours do bad thing? Stugbu will have talk with him...teach him right and wrong. Me good at that. People usually listen to Stugbu!" He smiles widely, revealing his very long tusks, resting one hand on the large, shiny sword at his hip.

Seeing a familiar face in the druid, Bel, he moves over beside him. "You look upset....what you been doing since we were down in sewers? You lost your bird?" He gives the man a solid pat on the back for encouragement. "Remember, just try and be good and everything be fine...if you want talk, just come and see your old pal Stugbu, OK?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bel remains silent in response to stugbu's questions, no goading about the definition of good, even.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheila fixes each Pathfinder with her eyes. "Very well, are you ready? If so, be on with it!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stugbu nods to the Venture Captain and proudly strides down to the room to the door, taking a position at the front of the group.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything you wish to do before leaving? Any purchases? And, do you wish to head straight to Ravenmoor? Or maybe just run away, and forget the assignment all together.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morvias stands, brushes a bit of lint off his robe, node at Sheila and inquires "Has transportation been arranged? Coaches hopefully?"

Once he has his answer, he glides out, either to the pick-up point or to arrange transportation himself. He allows Stugbu to precede him and keep the riff-raff out of his path.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Linarra's eyes narrow as she gives everyone a stern gaze.

Linarra says to the venture-captain, "We will try our best to find your missing person. And your taxes," she adds after a pause.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
Morvias stands, brushes a bit of lint off his robe, node at Sheila and inquires "Has transportation been arranged? Coaches hopefully?"

Once he has his answer, he glides out, either to the pick-up point or to arrange transportation himself. He allows Stugbu to precede him and keep the riff-raff out of his path.


Sheila gives a smirk and small bark of laughter. "We can get you as far as Galudria, but after that, it'll be on foot for you. Ravenmoor is truly off the beaten path, so nothing heads that way."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I hope we can at least get horses in Galudria. If we are going to be on Official Business, we should try to make a suitable entrance." Morvias replies.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the group heads out, Jeminda adds a few more details about Elias. She describes him as a short, stocky man of Ulfen descent with a shock of red hair, ugly features; corase, patchy facial scruff; and a predilection for strong drink. With a description in hand, the Pathfinders set out on their new task.

Just going to fast forward over the journey part, as nothing realy happens.

Ravenmoor is located almost 250 miles from Magnimar through foothills, forests, and marshland. The group takes the Lost Cost Road, the quickest rout, to Galduria. They find no new information about Elias in Galduria; apparanetly, the man did not leave much of an impression.

From Gladuria, the Pathfinders travel via horseback along a well-traveled road on the western shore of the Lampblack River. As the Lampblack curves away to the east, this road continues north along the edge of the Churlwood, eventually reaching Roderic's Cove and Riddleport. However, the Pathfinders won't be going that far. At the bend in the river, where the river curves away, the travelers abandon the main road to follow a little-used trail up along the river's west banks into increasingly dreary landscapes of bogland and bleak moors. During the day, the preponderance of ravens in the skies give subtle encouragement that one is on the right track to Ravenmoor, but as the sun sets, the mosquitoes come alive. The trail itself often winds away from the river and soggy badlands to avoid the worst of these pests, but the closer the Pathfinders come to Ravenmoor, the insects becoming an increasingly constant annoyance.

One bright morning, after a brisk journey for several hours, the Pathdiners can see the town in the distance.


I'll need some Perception checks, please!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bel perception 1d20+9 = (12) + 9 = 21
Ape perception +scent if applicable 1d20+1 = (10) + 1 = 11
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414057. karpouzian
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (12) + 9 =
  • 21
  • Bel perception
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 pm
  • [+]
  • 414058. karpouzian
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (10) + 1 =
  • 11
  • Ape perception +scent if applicable
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stugbu PERC: 1d20-1 = (10) - 1 = 9
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414070. greenclaw
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (10) - 1 =
  • 9
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 pm
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Linarra perception: 1d20-2 = (12) - 2 = 10
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414086. Bearpaw
  • 1d20-2 =
  • (12) - 2 =
  • 10
  • Linarra perception:
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aleister's Perception 1d20+11 = (2) + 11 = 13
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414104. dbeman
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (2) + 11 =
  • 13
  • Aleister's Perception
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Why we stop to look around?" Stugbu squashes another mosquito onto his broad chest, his once shiny white tunic now peppered with tiny red spots. "We not want to go into town? That where bad guy and lost sack of money are right?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't know that your "bad guy" is still in town, in fact, I assume he's not.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stugbu looks confused at Bel's words. "Then why we come all this way if we not even sure that he here? You not trying to make fun of Stugbu again are you Bel?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] |