Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
379 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-23: Rivalry's End» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Greenclaw's 4-23 - Rivalry's End (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:


Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Reiko Bearpaw Ninja 23847-1 Grand Lodge
Kyra Taloncarde Cleric 75957-1 Grand Lodge
Hayato Bulldog93 Samurai 75245-1 Grand Lodge
Tinma Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 64583-4 Shadow Lodge
Memnon FoggyPlanet Cleric 52656-1 Osirion



Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cypher Lodge is one of Riddleport’s finest inns, and Grandmaster Torch currently inhabits its finest suite. Flanked by his ubiquitous half-orc bodyguards and the weasel-faced Varisian businessman Guaril
Karela, Torch speaks.



“I cannot overstate how dangerous Dorianna Ouidda is,” the scarred Pathfinder begins. “She wears many masks, and she uses them all to orchestrate the utter destruction of the Pathfinder Society. As a high-profile politician in Andoran, she blocked the Society’s expansion into that nation. As a Gold Agent in the Aspis Consortium, she uses the Consortium’s limitless wealth to frustrate the Society’s business however she can. As the criminal mastermind known as the Spider, she engages in elaborate plots to frame the Pathfinder Society for her misdeeds. Ouidda even hired the Red Mantis Assassins to murder me, although I’m still a step ahead of those assassins for now.

“Dorianna Ouidda is one of the few people on Golarion who know the secret identities of the Decemvirate. She previously crafted an elaborate plot to turn a loyal Venture-Captain against the Decemvirate, and we suspect she is plotting to destroy the Decemvirate even now.

“Loyal Pathfinders have foiled Ouidda’s schemes again and again. We arranged her arrest in Andoran, but she leveraged her political connections and escaped. The time has come for more drastic action.”
Torch gestures to the Varisian man at his side. “Guaril has a network of informants here in Riddleport, and they’ve identified the Spider’s lair.”



Guaril Karela smoothly adds, “I would say ‘observant acquaintances’ rather than ‘informants,’ but no matter. Ouidda owns a controlling interest in the Weaver’s Parlor, a gambling hall in the Free-Coin District. She transacts private business from ancient chambers beneath the gambling hall, visited by only a few trusted associates. These chambers are accessed through a hidden door at the west end of the
gambling hall’s wine cellar.”


Grandmaster Torch continues, “We know the Spider is in her lair now. Enter the chambers beneath the Weaver’s Parlor. Capture Dorianna Ouidda and return with her here. Ouidda may have made notes about the Decemvirate or their identities—bring that information back as well. Let me stress this: Ouidda must be captured alive. We need to learn the extent of her information about the Pathfinder Society and find out whether she has revealed this information to others.” “You need to make haste, but I don’t want to rush past any questions you have. The better informed you are, the more likely you are to succeed.”
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a job that's right up my alley, the ninja muses.

"Do we have any idea about what kind of resistance we're going to face?"
Reiko asks with a soft voice.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torch turns to Reiko and with a grimace replies, “Ouidda herself is known to be a persuasive orator who favors enchantment magic, but she isn’t physically powerful. It's not likely she'll have anyone with her as she doesn’t keep any staff or servants in her chambers, as far as we know.”
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
She can probably take care of herself. Hayato is both impressed with Ouidda's confidence and leery of those who don't need protectors.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bu-u-ut, will there be spiders? a small halfling carrying a large gun asks. IHATEspiders. They'resosquishyandickyandnasty. And they tickle.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, this Ouidda sounds like a formidable opponent but..." Memnon looks around the room at his heavily armed fellow pathfinders. "From the looks of it, so are we."

The tall, bony man peers down at the halfling with the large gun. "That 'cannon' of yours looks a good match for any spider I've seen," he says with a smile.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torch remains silent while the group quickly get acquainted but then coughs once and speaks up again. "Well, sounds like you don't have any more questions. If you do speak up now...if not be on your way. Just remember...you MUST bring Ouidda back alive as directed. That part of the mission isn't negotiable. Understood?"

Assuming everyone is ready to move, I will setup the next scene. Retcon any questions or actions if you like.

Following the directions on the map, the Pathfinders make their way to the Weaver's parlor. Adorned with carved columns, it is a majestic wooden building with a soaring, peaked roof. Above the entry is a sign showing a buxom naked woman weaving a long scarf draped around her hips. Small groups of onlookers crowd around the gambling hall’s windows, but three Gendarmes—the city guard of Riddleport—interview all prospective entrants at the door.

"How much money you got?" One grizzled looking guard grunts to everyone as they make their way up the queue. "We been told only to let high flyers in tonight...they running some kind of fancy tournament in there!"

You are going to need to have around 2,000gp spare for immediate entry but could try and bluff or charm your way in or demonstrate your profession (gambling) skills if you have them. Otherwise you will have to think of some other creative ways to get inside.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiko ducks in an alleyway, and within moments comes out looking like a well-appointed Tian noblewoman, dressed in a green expensive silk dress and adorned with all manner of priceless looking jewelry.

Disguise check: 1d20+21 = (15) + 21 = 36

"I say, you smelly oaf of a guard, stand aside and let us pass, for you are addressing the most honorable of the enlightened emissaries, the Lady Surenchinua!" The ninja addresses the door guards with a flawless Tian accent.

Bluff check: 1d20+11 = (8) + 11 = 19
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 413425. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+21 =
  • (15) + 21 =
  • 36
  • Disguise check:
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 am
  • [+]
  • 413427. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (8) + 11 =
  • 19
  • Bluff check:
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiko's disguise is immaculate, even her companions seem to be completely fooled, looking around as if they are unsure where the ninja has gone.

The guard looks taken aback and steps back to let her inside. "Er...pardon your ladyship. I...I mean, welcome! You and your attendant may enter...good luck tonight, m'am!"

Reiko may enter and may take one other character in with her! Who will it be?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to keep up the charade as long as possible, Reiko turns to Hayato the samurai, "Stay close to me, and make sure none of the local rabble spills anything on my dress," she tells him in an authorative tone.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiko and Hayato make their way inside. Tinma, Kyra and Memnon are left to wonder how they are going to gain entrance.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! Tinma says, as she tries to appear rich and famous, not that she knows exactly how to do that.

bluff 1d20-1+2 = (19) - 1 + 2 = 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 413682. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20-1+2 =
  • (19) - 1 + 2 =
  • 20
  • bluff
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Memnon also approaches the guard, casting a spell as he does so. "Hello friend. There's a fancy tournament huh? Well, we're looking for some high stakes tonight. Let us in and we'll promise to give the house a good gamble."

Charm Person DC 16
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Hi guys! Tinma says, as she tries to appear rich and famous, not that she knows exactly how to do that.

Dutys_Fist previously rolled 1d20-1+2 = (19) - 1 + 2 = 20 (bluff)

The guard looks down at Tinma and starts to move to block her entry, but then catches sight of the size of her purse. "Welcome little lady...please enter! We have some special tables setup for those of your...er, stature!" He then casts a leering glance towards Kyra before turning back to Tinma and asking, "Will your lovely friend be joining you tonight m'lady?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FoggyPlanet wrote:
Memnon also approaches the guard, casting a spell as he does so. "Hello friend. There's a fancy tournament huh? Well, we're looking for some high stakes tonight. Let us in and we'll promise to give the house a good gamble."

Charm Person DC 16

WILL: 1d20+3 = (17) + 3 = 20

The guard shakes off the effects of Memnon's spell and gives the cleric a scornful look. "Ha! Put your money where your mouth is, pal! You don't look like you could cover the price of a drink, let alone stake yourself onto one of our tables tonight! I hear they've got a bingo night down at the tavern back on the corner. Why don't you head over there and see if you can win yourself a lamb roast...now scat!"

Memnon will need to try another approach or alternative entrance.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414015. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (17) + 3 =
  • 20
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:50 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Hi guys! Tinma says, as she tries to appear rich and famous, not that she knows exactly how to do that.

Dutys_Fist previously rolled 1d20-1+2 = (19) - 1 + 2 = 20 (bluff)

The guard looks down at Tinma and starts to move to block her entry, but then catches sight of the size of her purse. "Welcome little lady...please enter! We have some special tables setup for those of your...er, stature!" He then casts a leering glance towards Kyra before turning back to Tinma and asking, "Will your lovely friend be joining you tonight m'lady?"

Oh! Errr..... Yeah? I think so... Hold on, can I check? Tinma says, trying to aid all her other teammates in entering.

Aid another (bluff) 1d20-1 = (1) - 1 = 0
Successful aid from Tinma gives +4
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414157. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (1) - 1 =
  • 0
  • Aid another (bluff)
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Memnon continues to try his luck with the guard.

"You want to talk money? Take a look at this." Memnon reveals his pearl of power from within his cloak. "This is magic. Worth at least 1000 gold pieces. And this." Memnon waves the jade wayfinder hung around his neck. "Very rare. It is in your best interest to let us in. Your boss would be unhappy with you if they found out you turned away someone with such valuable items to gamble."

Diplomacy 1d20+6 = (17) + 6 = 23
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414290. FoggyPlanet
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (17) + 6 =
  • 23
  • Diplomacy
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The guard looks a little confused. "Boss lady said only let people in if they have money...but I guess this will do...yeah, Ok you've convinced me. Now get in there before I change my mind!"

With everyone now inside, the group has no problem fitting in. Many of the gamblers are eccentric, so those attending the tournament display a variety of styles and mannerisms. Several entrants earned their fortunes through piracy and swagger about in gaudy clothing; other notable gamblers include a halfling sailor accompanied by a wise-looking ape, a white-clad devotee of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, and a set of suave Varisian triplets. Harried servers and attendants bustle throughout the Weaver’s Parlor, meeting the often-peculiar demands of the eclectic clientele with practiced smiles. Several Gendarmes provide security in the gambling hall, but they concentrate their attention on the gaming tables rather than the comings and goings of the new arrivals.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Let us not tarry here too long," Reiko says in a hushed whisper, "and make our way to this wine cellar."

Reiko scans the area for a door that seems like it could lead to the wine cellar, and possibly for some kind of mechanical guardian around the gambling hall.

Perception check: 1d20+8 = (15) + 8 = 23
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414463. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (15) + 8 =
  • 23
  • Perception check:
  • Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 pm
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Memnon nods at Reiko and begins searching for a way into the cellar.

Perception 1d20+5 = (7) + 5 = 12
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 414506. FoggyPlanet
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (7) + 5 =
  • 12
  • Perception
  • Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma follows Reiko, but gets distracted by the wise-looking ape.

She heads to the ape and asks sailor-halfing if his monkey can speak.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group find that the unlocked entrance to the wine cellar is discreetly tucked beneath the stairs leading up to the second-story balcony. Because of the constant bustle of boisterous gamblers and their entourages, it appears as though this entrance is not closely watched, so descending to the wine cellar shouldn't cause any problems.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Tinma follows Reiko, but gets distracted by the wise-looking ape.

She heads to the ape and asks sailor-halfing if his monkey can speak.

The sailor halfling greets Tinma warmly and seems particularly chuffed at the interest she shows to his ape. "Well met! Ah yes, my little Marja is lovely is she not? No she doesn't speak...well not with words anyway, although the two of us have developed a very strong bond nonetheless. She has mastered a few hand gestures and we communicate quite well in a fashion." He then proceeds to give Marja a few quick hand gestures and she responds by pulling out of a pocket on her vest a handful of unshelled peanuts which she offers to Tinma with an outstretched hand.

An excited look comes across the halfling's face as he then blurts out, "You wouldn't happen to know or have come across King Ozzg, by any chance have you? I have heard of him and his royal court of halflings and apes. I would love to meet him, and who knows, even go on one of his quests!"
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...as the group descends into the cellar.

The wine cellar of the Weaver’s Parlor is cooler and quieter than the bustling floor above. A few lanterns illuminate rows of casks, and a sturdy rack bisects the room, obscuring the western half. The rack extends from floor to ceiling, but does not reach the walls to either side, allowing passage around the rack to the north and south.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |