The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1: Shadows Over Bögenhafen
Manual of the Planes
Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition)
Greyhawk Adventures
Trail of Cthulhu
Eberron Player's Guide
Ivinia: The Viking Lands
Skull & Crossbones
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Dinky Dungeons
The Book of Magecraft
The Rjurik Highlands
Spookshow
HR5: The Glory of Rome Campaign Sourcebook
Starchildren: Velvet Generation
Old School Reference and Index Compilation (OSRIC) v2.x
R2: The Investigation of Hydell
Apocalypse World
Luck of the Draw
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
408 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 

Only War» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The Art and War [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
IC || OOC || wiki

First play post below

Current players are:
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel H
Sweden
flag msg tools

Characters:
Private Raghadast Simperion
[url=http://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/Nikolaï_Abrahamov]Private Nikolaï Abrahamov[/url]
Private Andrei Stepanov
Commisar Alexandr Zatzev
Lucan Stepkas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Still at Supply Depot Gamma 29
Three months has passed since you landed, and a great many things have happend. With the landing of the Valhallians, the war on Skrynne is progressing well, and there are now several safe areas on the planet. Since the Ork occupy an entire continent, and hide in the jungle, there is no front, but area after area are getting cleansed. With pride, you have also learned that the first shipment of Promethium has left Skrynne; from the refinery you liberated.

You have learned that there are four Imperial forces on the planet, they all have their own culture and way of looking at things.

Valhallians: Your own people, stern and dedicated. This planet is to hot for you, but filled with the Orks you hate so much. Your force is not large, but it has added many vehicles to the Imperial side. Its ability to gather intelligence and strike rapidly, has been the key to many victories.

Brontians: Rude and Militaristic. These hivers are the back bone of the Imperial force on Skrynne.

Skrynnians:
The native population, they are polite and cultured, and thus don't get along with the Brontians. Once there were millions of them, but now they are reduced to no more than a hundred thousand. They are a sad lot, mourning the destruction of their world. You have discovered that there are two factions, one of them live in the bases protected by the Guard. Usually fighting with them, but also providing civilian necessities. The second group is those that live in the jungle in tree fortresses, more defensible in their opinion. You usually only see them on feast days, when they often come to the temples , led by their preachers.

House Gibrahan: A rogue trader house that has a lot invested in the promethum trade. Some rumours have it that the two regiments serving here, have been sent here only on their insistance. As much as you dislike this rumour, that you are fighting for merchant interests, the house has also provided military support. A battalion of Leman Russ tanks, the only ones on the planet, and five companies of armsmen.

You have been in several engagements with the orks since the battle at the refinery, but none as intense and dangerous. With Supply Depot Gamma 29 becoming a safer place, military life has become more - liveable.

So, what are your characters up to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After healing from the big shock Andrei decided it was time for some R&R. He did miss Tatiana, the girl was a perfect decoy so as he wanted to get some of his trades going again, and with him being wounded he had some time for that he needed a new accomplice. He found a perfect match in Viktoriya Petrov. Together with her he was able to get his trade going again. Being in the hospital also got him some extra 'stuff' that would come in handy, not only for himself but also for trade.

After being able to leave his bed he was shedulded in for guard duty as a sniper. Being in the safety of such a big fortress felt good to Andrei. He was safe and was able to do bussiness. He dreaded the times he needed to go of on mission and can only hope it will take some time before they send him off in that hot jungle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the war going well, Nikolaï gets his hopes up to acquire a new piece of wargear.

He frequently visits the Quartermaster, during the spare time in between guard duties, to have casual conversations about the ins and outs of the many different wargear in his armory.

One day, Nikolaï asks the Quartermaster if it would be possible to get his hands on a Hades Assault Flamer (Hammer of the Emperor p.112).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel H
Sweden
flag msg tools
As a newcomer to the squad, Lucan keeps a low profile while evaluating his teammates. Trying to figure out who will bite it first and who is worth getting to know. Although it hurts to find them so young, he is eased to see that these guys have some combat experiense. He can see it in their eyes. These are no rookies. Wich is good,he mutters for himself, then they will last longer.
The years has taken their toll on Lucans eyesight and marksmanship, and frankly he was never that good with a riffle. Evan so, Lucan still feel nervous without a lasgun. He keeps begging for a las carbine, almost desperately.
In his day to day business at the supply depot, he tends to the wounded, looking after their recovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, during one of his many conversations with the Quartermaster, Nikolaï pops the question.

"So, is there any news of a Hades Assault Flamer making its way towards Supply Depot Gamma 29? And if so, what do I need to do to requisition it?"

Pray to the Emperor, I presume (34) 1d100 = (30) = 30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405820. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d100 =
  • (30) =
  • Pray to the Emperor, I presume (34)
  • Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:50 pm
Daniel H
Sweden
flag msg tools
Right. Lucan swallows his pride and begs the Quartermaster for a Las carbine, doing the sad puppyface.
Roll d100= 57
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 406003. Spydrick
  • 1d100 =
  • (57) =
  • Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:36 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Ahhh, so that is what this is about." The quartermaster smiles, "Colonel Goncharenko has managed to get sone from House Gibrahan. Funny how things starts to show up when the planet starts making a profit. Hopefully we'll get some more heavy weapons soon. I'm tired of all these mortars, you Valhallians have terrible taste in weapons."

At that moment Lucan comes in requesting a Las Carbine. "OK doc, but only if you check out that rash I have gotten from sitting on this chair all day." A disgusting exam later, Lucan has his gun.

Waiting for Aleksander. I have alo had word from Don, and I think He is on his way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
"What do you have to offer in the way of improved armor?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"A prayer book good Commisar. Or if you are lucky, se might get our hands on a coat, or even better a cloak. With that your arms and leg won't be so exposed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I thank you, and think I will try the Cloak on for size."

1d100 = (28) = 28
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 406346. razumny
  • 1d100 =
  • (28) =
  • Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"You are in luck commissar. This was for one of the leiutenants, but the God-Emperor protects him now. Be careful though, it can get awfully hot in the summer."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Raghadast has been at the firing range as much as possible. He has cleaned his stubber, oiled it and even looked for a tech priest to give it the blessings of the machine god.

Rags has even asked Sticky to see if be can come up with a better weapon or better attachments for the stubber. Rags doesn't ask Sticky any questions about his methods.

Rags asks Sticky to look hard for an autocannon as the stubber just isn't doing it.

Commerce +10 1d100 = (75) = 75
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 406629. txaal
  • 1d100 =
  • (75) =
  • Commerce +10
  • Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 pm
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
"You are in luck commissar. This was for one of the leiutenants, but the God-Emperor protects him now. Be careful though, it can get awfully hot in the summer."
"Thank you kindly. Hot it may be, Golden Throne knows it is hot enough on this planet, but I'd rather suffer from an overabundance of sweat than one of bullet holes."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Briefing
I am going to move on. We'll catch up with any gear Raghadast wants to get when we are done with the briefing.

Suddenly one day you are called into Leiutenant Daniol's office. Usually he does his briefings in the large briefing rooms by the barracks, so you already have the feeling that this will be a "special" assignment. When you get there, you are surprised to see the same special guest as last time, Captain Thruel, the Skrynne liaison officer.

The office is more cluttered than last time. On the table are papers and the walls are filled with maps. Andrei can glimps his name on one of the papers on the table, but Daniol removes it before he can see what it is.

The briefing begins as soon as you settle down. "Men, I have need of your talents again. You have proven very able at deep unsupplied recon missions, and I have need of that again." He points to the map, "As you know, to the west of us is a series of rolling hills and vallies. They all converge at this point: City Ruin Delta 5. At this location there is a hill, Hill 356D, on that hill is a building with a clear view of all the surrounding vallies. As we have little ork activity to the west, holding that hill will allow us to protect that sector with a minimal force, and give us early indication of any ork attacks from that direction."

Daniol sits down, and his furrows his brow, "We have sent three teams there to scout and fortify it. All of them have reported back that everything is desered, but then we suddenly lose contact. I want you to go there, secure the hill and building, and if possible, find out what happend to the other teams. Any questions so far?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Do we have any aerial surveillance imaging of the current situation?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Daniol points to the maps and photos on the table, "Just the usual from space commissar. They reveal the lay of the land, but not much else. There have been a couple of orks showing up on them, but no large presence. After the last squad vanished we sent a Thunderbolt out there, but it saw nothing unusual."

Daniol looks around to see if there are any more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sir, what was the size of the recon squads sent previously? Was there anything unusual about their last reports?"

Nikolaï hesitates.

"And another question, if I might be so bold sir, but with sergeant Grachev disappeared and Commissar Zaitzev in temporary command of the squad, do you have any news on when or if we'll be getting a new sergeant?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Regular squads all of them. Ten men. Nothing in their final reports to indicate what happend. They reach the objective, start to fortify, and then nothing."

"No new sergeant I'm afraid, and a commissar only assumes command if the commanding officer failes in his duties. You are the natural choice corporal Abrahamov. You are in charge of the squad, don't fail."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel H
Sweden
flag msg tools
Lucan sits quiet and thouhgtful in the back. The officers words has sent a cold chill down his back. 3 squads, 30 men gone without a trace. No bodies? What kind of menace is waiting for us out there, he wonders for himself.

"How long did it take for the squads to become M.I.A once they got there?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taken aback, but not without pride, Nikolaï keeps his composure and turns on his heels after saluting Lieutenant Daniol.

"Thank you sir. I will do my duty to the Emperor and His Imperial Guard. Our squad will get to the bottom if this matter!"

He then goes to check on Karoly and see if Muskox is fit for duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei knows to be quit, it was something he has learned when he was in the military. However he did not really like this. 3 squads of 10 men dissappear and then they will send us, 5 guys. They should send 50 instead in one go. But military logic? No that depicts that you keep sending a couple to be slaughtered instead of one big group that could deal with the menace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"About a day Lucan. Hold it there corporal, Captain Thruel wants to say a few words."

The grim Skrynnian starts to speak, "To you these objectives have numeric names, but to us, they are important. The ruined city is Atenville, and the building is the Hermitage. Atenville is, or was, the centre of our culture. People here were dedicated to manufacturing works of such splendor, you can't imagine. The Hermitage is the repository of all the finest works of art on our planet. I hope you will, though I doubt it, treat both locations with respect.

As of what have happend, I have discussed this with those of us that still dwell in the jungle. The decay of the place tears the heart asunder, so most of our people stay away from it. One wants to remember it in its glory, not a bombed out ruin. But there has been some talk of people going there, and not coming back. Still, most do come back, and there has been talk of Orks. If you ask me, this is the work of some new kind of Ork."

The Captain just stops talking, and after a while Daniol takes over, "You have your orders. Here is the paperwork. Your chimera should be fully fueld. Good luck."

First piece of paper:
Assigned Gear
A sentinel
Six Demolition charges
Field rations for four weeks
Damp weather gear
Pict recorder

Second piece of paper:
Primary objective: Secure and fortify Hill 356D
Secondary objective: Discover the fate of the other squads
Secondary objective: Destroy any enemy presence in City Ruin Delta 5

Third piece of paper
A map on how to get to the objectives, and the area around it. It should take two days.

There, now you can go prepare. First of all, collect the mission gear, a logistics test at +10. Benjamin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikolaï takes the papers from the Lieutenant and salutes both officers before really leaving this time.

Outside the Lieutenant's office, he adresses the rest of the squad with a stern look on his face.

"Alright men, I'll meet up with the Quartermaster to make sure we get the right gear for the mission. I want you to gather up your belongings and take care of any running affairs you might still have on the base. I want Muskox loaded and ready for departure by noon!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikolaï then makes his way to the Quartermaster and hands him the list of mission assignment gear.

"I'm sorry to bother you again on such short notice. But Lieutenant Daniol has assigned my squad with a mission, and there's a few items - you can see them on the list - that we have need of. Do you still have them in stock?"

Logistics Test (45) 1d100 = (1) = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 406916. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d100 =
  • (1) =
  • Logistics Test (45)
  • Thu Aug 1, 2013 9:31 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.