Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
380 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 0-13: The Prince of Augustana» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Greenclaw's 0-13 - The Prince Of Augustana (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2/Fighter 1 78307-2 Taldor
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 2/Druid 1 78727-1 Sczarni
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 2/Barbarian 1 78729-1 Andoran
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2/Bard 1 73392-2 Andoran
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 2 76206-3 Lantern Lodge
Tinma Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 2 64583-4 Shadow Lodge

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a hurried summons to the Grand Lodge in Absalom, a quick conversation with Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva, and a wet, stormy trip across the Inner Sea to Andoran, the small, warm Pathfinder Lodge in Augustana is a welcome break from travel. “I can’t believe we are wasting our time on this matter,” says Caudron Wallace, the venture-captain of Augustana as he paces the main hall. “Frankly, I want as little to do with it as possible, so I’m passing it on to you. For a mission as weird as this, your were the first group that came to my mind.” Wallace nods toward a door at the back of the room. “The vagrant through there was found collapsed on our front steps gripping a wayfinder of all things. We still don’t know who he is. Talk to him, for the tale he tells is amazing if true, and then come back here.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo carefully adjusts the bandolier, still getting used to it and how it wraps around his torso. He smirks a bit, nodding his assent. "If it is weird then it is right up our alley. I certainly hope it is more than mere theft that has warranted that rather despicable sea journey."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo looks at Ozgg.
"When our master interrogator is with us, I think that guy won't try to lie. And if yes, well, then good luck to him. He'll need it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram smiles faintly. "You're really selling this, old chap. "This is a massive waste of time. Take care of it for me, what?""
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo carefully adjusts the bandolier, still getting used to it and how it wraps around his torso. He smirks a bit, nodding his assent. "If it is weird then it is right up our alley. I certainly hope it is more than mere theft that has warranted that rather despicable sea journey."

"Well I don't think it was theft...but you never know. Let me know when you're ready and I'll take you through to the old man himself...quite a character, to say the least!"
The Venture Captain waits until all the group has arrived and finished with questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
Hiram smiles faintly. "You're really selling this, old chap. "This is a massive waste of time. Take care of it for me, what?""

"Oh, I'm sorry...I thought you were Pathfinders and you'd do anything for the promise of gold and prestige...I must be mistaken. I'm sure I can find another group to take on this mission!" The Venture-Captain raises his eyebrow at Hiram, his tongue firmly planted in cheek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
"Oh, I'm sorry...I thought you were Pathfinders and you'd do anything for the promise of gold and prestige...I must be mistaken. I'm sure I can find another group to take on this mission!" The Venture-Captain raises his eyebrow at Hiram, his tongue firmly planted in cheek.
"To be fair, prestige I can rather take or leave." replies Hiram with a smirk. "Now, what was that about gold?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh, I'm sure there will be riches untold, piles of gold higher than Ozgg, and pearls the size of my balls. Just like in that blasted vault they had us clear out." Milo glares at the VC, and then shrugs. "It is no matter. You are presenting us with a mystery. I assume you have your reasons for doing so. As well as there is sure to be a reason to drag me from my devoted fans, who by now, surely, have dreamt up a plot to assassinate my understudy." The bard sighs, the horde of fans surely bigger in his mind than in reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg is in his own little world staring at a large painfully beautiful butterfly with scarlet tipped emerald wings that has alighted on his clawed finger. Suddenly realising there is a conversation going on he pops the insect into his mouth and chews thoughtfully giving everyone his full attention.

"Who we kill now?" He says through his mouthful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Stay calm, Ozgg. There will be no killing.....for now."

Endp then turns to the rest of the group.

"Let's proceed to the guy, whaddya say? Indo can join us after he wakes up."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma
Good idea, Endo! Tinma says as she waltzes towards the man.

Heya! How're ya doing! My name's Tinma! Andthesearemyfriends. Say, where'dyagetthat wayfinder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes enter the room at the back of the main hall, where they find a small sitting room with six comfortable chairs and a few bookshelves filled with the latest Pathfinder Chronicles. An old, withered man sits in one of the chairs, half-dozing when they enter. His skin is shockingly pale and his features are sharp with high cheekbones and a jutting chin. Despite his incredibly filthy visage, matted white hair, and infirmity, when he awakes and regards the group he does so with a look of absolute, confident superiority.

“My loyal subjects, welcome! I know that some of you might not recognize me in my current state, but it is truly me, Gandros, the long-lost Prince of Augustana. I have been in hiding since the untimely death of my father, the Emperor, preparing for my return to glory. Unfortunately, I bear ill news. The army I have been gathering in the otherworld has been infiltrated by agents of our enemies. When last I called my forces together for inspection, dark assassins attacked me and I barely escaped with my life.”

He rolls up his sleeve and reveals a series of recently inflicted claw and tooth marks on his right forearm. He then launches into a breathless retelling of how he came to be in the Lodge, without pause or acknowledgement of interruptions.

“I fled back through the magic portal to this realm. Grievously wounded, and with the assassins in close pursuit, I leapt into the dark river. I floated past the Almsman’s Sanctuary, but couldn’t climb out of the water. I did manage to grab one of the bridges, but a plank fell in with me. I held on for dear life and continued to drift downstream. I went over a waterfall and then emerged in the lake of ships and crawled to shore. Augustana has changed since I last walked my city’s bright streets, but I managed to find this house, bearing the symbol of my father’s empire.”
He holds up the wayfinder hanging from a chain around his neck. “I knew I would find help here! If you remove the threat from my kingdom below and help restore me to my rightful place as Emperor of Andoran, I will grant you any boon within my power!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo, realizing that royalty best only discuss with their equals, glance at Ozgg before he carefully approaches the pretender and with careful gestures indicate that he would like to study the wounds, in the hope of being able to discern what beings attacked the man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"2 more monkey and we have deal!" Ozgg say knowing royalty when he sees it and not really comprehending the difficult of the task, real or not.

"We go now?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I thought this chap's story was meant to be unbelievable, what?" murmurs Hiram before turning to the man. "So where could we find this magic portal, my dear old thing?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"This sounds really interesting. Gentlemen, gather your stuff and someone go wake up Indo. We've got a work to do."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo really hopes this isn't just a hobo with a story and searches his memory for something to quiz the man on.

Knowledge nobility 1d20+7 = (8) + 7 = 15
Knowledge history 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405638. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (8) + 7 =
  • Knowledge nobility
  • Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am
  • [+]
  • 405639. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (15) + 7 =
  • Knowledge history
  • Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
znirp81 wrote:
"2 more monkey and we have deal!" Ozgg say knowing royalty when he sees it and not really comprehending the difficult of the task, real or not.

"We go now?"

The Prince looks at Ozzg and his eyes are drawn to the half-orc's tattoed crown. "You are royalty too I see...you must know then the importance of proper customs of address. Am I right, your majesty?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
"I thought this chap's story was meant to be unbelievable, what?" murmurs Hiram before turning to the man. "So where could we find this magic portal, my dear old thing?"

The old man simply ignores Hiram's question, apparently expecting to be addressed in a manner befitting his station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo really hopes this isn't just a hobo with a story and searches his memory for something to quiz the man on.

residue previously rolled 1d20+7 = (8) + 7 = 15 (Knowledge nobility)
residue previously rolled 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22 (Knowledge history)

Milo cannot recall any mention of a Prince of Augustana or an Emperor of Andoran even being mentioned in any books or plays he has read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo rolls his eyes before deciding to take part in the delusions, again. "Your majesty..." he begins and pulls out his own wayfinder. "As you can see, I am your loyal subject. Please, tell us more about this army of yours, and those vile assassins who dared to try and commit the foulest of crimes, that of regicide."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! I love stories! Oh, and didtheasassinswearanymasks? Tinma says, as she lies down on the floor and listens intently to the Prince.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo rolls his eyes before deciding to take part in the delusions, again. "Your majesty..." he begins and pulls out his own wayfinder. "As you can see, I am your loyal subject. Please, tell us more about this army of yours, and those vile assassins who dared to try and commit the foulest of crimes, that of regicide."

"Ah! My good child...my loyal subject indeed!" The old man looks kindly at Milo. "Once I'm back on my throne I shall make you my knight!...but yes, my armies...the faerie folk from the other world! They await my command! That is if the foul demons that attacked me haven't wiped them all out. You must stop them...and help me reclaim my rightful place at the helm of this land!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
znirp81 wrote:

"We go now?"

The Prince looks at Ozzg and his eyes are drawn to the half-orc's tattoed crown. "You are royalty too I see...you must know then the importance of proper customs of address. Am I right, your majesty?"

"They not clever like us. Dumb and forget we kings!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |