Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for the game proper. Posts here ate IC unless indicated otherwise.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Reta Bigbad greenclaw Fighter 1 74677-8
Poog of Zarongel znirp81 Cleric 1 78727-2
Mogmurch rodafowa Alchemist 1 78729-2
Chuffy Lickwound Vladimir17 Rogue 1 73392-3

Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You are goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live deep in Brinestump Marsh, south of the hated man-town called Sandpoint. Once, other goblins tried to burn Sandpoint down, and they would have been legends if they had succeeded. But they didn’t bring enough fire, and got themselves killed as a result.

Yesterday, your tribe discovered that one of your own had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos—writing things down. In fact, rumor holds that what he was writing was a history of your tribe! There’s no swifter way to bring about bad luck than stealing words out of your mind by writing them down, and so your tribe had no choice. You branded the goblin’s face with letters to punish him, which is why everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and then you ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.

That’s where things got interesting, because before you all burned down his hut, Chief Gutwad found a weird box within the building. Inside was a map and a lot of fireworks—fireworks that immediately came to use in burning the hut down. Then, this morning, Gutwad announced that tonight there would be a feast in order to drive out any lingering bad luck from Scribbleface’s poor decisions. But perhaps even more exciting, all of you have been secretly invited to meet at Chief Gutwad’s Moot House. Why would the chief want to speak to you? It can only mean that he’s got an important mission for you all... one that the other goblins of the tribe couldn’t pull off. This could be your chance to go down in Licktoad history!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are all either standing at or on your way to the entrance to the Moot House. You may not enter before summoned. Now is the time to introduce our merry gang. Since you're all Licktoads you can assume you know each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"What you's doin here? Gutwad calling me, not you's, cus I be making best fire!" Poog boasts to the others as he tries to jostle to the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oi! You Poog 'ere too? Chieftain said 'e wants me an' 'ere Stankrush to do some....uh...important stabbin'. 'E needs the sneaksiest goblin and that be me!" says Chuffy while proudly showing his pet spider in a cage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Chuffy stoopid! He thinking he b' clev clev wit his butt fluff! I's be having proper pet!" Poog says pushing his toad 'Dog Finder' at Chuffy in one filthy mucus covered fist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuffy brushes up against Poog.
"Me no stoopid! Me just no smart-like!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reta strides up to the Moot House, looking particularly pleased with herself today.

"BOYZ! BOYZ! LOOKZ WOT I GOTZ!!" The fiesty female goblin finds it hard not to shout when she speaks, no matter how many times she's reminded. "I Killz sum little tiny pink skinz ze other day!"

She pulls out a jar of what looks to be halfling toes from her bag and displays them excitedly. "Dey notz ready to eatz yet but I sharez dem when dey proply pickled!"

Reta then flicks back the white veil she's wearing on her head and twirls around for the boys. "One of dem wearingz dis dress...she gunna be marriedz I tink...Not anymore though...HEHEHEHEHEHE...she deadz and I gotz all her stuff!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mogmurch watches the other goblins over the rim of his spectacles, through the eyeholes of the skull he's wearing on his head. He lets out a long-suffering sigh. It's not easy being the smartest goblin in the village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ha Ha! Doo kizz da groom boy! You's Mr Dog Finder nows, dat pink skin rules!" Poog cackles thrusting his toad against her face
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pompous and overdressed advisor and spokesgoblin for Chief Gutwad exits the moot house and looks at the four would-be heroes. His name is Slorb, and he is the only goblin allowed to hear the Chief's voice, seeing as the Chief has such a mighty voice it would frighten away all the words from the head of lesser goblins.

"Yous all here? Yous took long time! His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad is waiting. Hurry! Hurry!"
barks Slorb before he turns about and walks into the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Me go first! Me first!" says Chuffy to the others and follows Slorb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The chief’s Moot House is a veritable museum of Licktoad heroics — crammed with trophies such as stolen weapons, shiny bits of treasure, and the brine-pickled bodies of dozens of brutally slaughtered small furry animals (mostly dogs).

His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad sits atop the great Teeter Chair, which is 6 feet high and allows him to more properly look down on his subjects.

Slorb barks at you, telling you to sit in the dirt in front of the chair, reminding you that it is a great honor, as if you didn't already know!

Then, much to your surprise and shock, Chief Gutwad speaks to you directly in a deep, booming voice.

"You all be heroes. Each of you. You are best Licktoads but for me. And maybe but for Slorb. That you aren’t fleeing in terror from mighty sound of my voice is all the proof you should need. Yet soon, all Licktoad goblins will know your might, for I have picked you for a dangerous mission."

"You know about fireworks and map we found in Scribbleface’s hut. Fireworks were fun. But map is more fun. It shows a route to a place near the coast where Scribbleface found fireworks. And it says there are more fireworks there!"

"I want them for Licktoads. You all go get them tomorrow. Tonight we have big bonfire to burn bad luck away from you, and we play many games. Much fun. Tomorrow you fetch me fireworks. If you meet men, you make them dead. If you meet dogs, you make them dead. If you meet horses, you make them dead. If you meet Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many, you maybe should run. And if you not find fireworks, you not come back or we feed you to Squealy Nord!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poog looks in awe at the vast collection of pretties, then back to the majesty that is Gutwad.

"Poog burn da dogz! Youz not need dem, I's got 1, 4, 2 fires inz m'bag!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A huge smile crosses Reta's face revealing an impressive set of very sharp teeth. "Dogz! Me not fraidz of dogz...me sniffz dem out...me huntz dem down...me skinz them and eatz them...See?" she shows the chief her quiver of arrows, decorated with what must be over 20 dog ears. "Killing dogz even more funz than killingz little half-pinkies...well, almost!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wez got Dog Finder, we no needing stinky Reta!" Poog says attempting to push past them to show the chief his toad, well on of his toads. No one seems to count the dried one he carries around. "Zarongel be liking Poog, Giz him d'best fires!"

"You's say we have fire?" Poog asks, a big grin forming on his face, as he suddenly takes in what Gutwad said about a party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sloth is not liking Poog's attempt to approach the chief and steps in the way, thrusting Scribbleface's map in his face instead. "Done here. Go help others with fire. Tomorrow go get fireworks or go get eaten or killed and eaten." he spits out, stomping and waving and chasing you out of the Moot House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fire, firefirefire!" Poog sings as he runs off in the direction of the festivities, his toad held high!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole tribe is busy with gathering fuel for the giant bonfire, but the four of you get curios glances as you exit the audience with the chief. It's mostly sticks, branches and unburnt timber from poor Scribbleface's former hut, that did burn so gloriously last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuffy grins proudly, but he looks as if he had some kind of mental disorder. He can't do better with what passes for his face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As night falls, a group of four struggling goblins carry the Teeter Chair (with Chief Gutwad sitting atop it) out to the bonfire, and the chief lights the fire with a Desnan candle. This signals the start of an all-night party that features lots of good things to eat (snails, fish, and snakes). The chief also brings out a barrel of fermenting cider apples early on and most goblins get drunk very quickly.

As the evening progresses, word that the heroes are going on a special quest spreads, and the other goblins of the tribe begin to cheer and jeer and dare the heroes to show off their, well, heroics by performing a series of dares. The dares come with Great Prizes, supplied by the Chief himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Daring Dares!
Dance with Squealy Nord: Squealy Nord is a fearsome boar who lives in a muddy pit in the middle of the village, right next to the goblin baby cages. In fact, Nord is a hyperactive piglet escaped from a nearby farm. His pit itself is circular, nearly 20 feet in diameter, and just over 10 feet deep. “Dancing with Squealy Nord” requires a goblin to spend 18 seconds (3 rounds) riding on the piglet's back. Squealy Nord is tethered for this dare, then released into the pit from a narrow corral with the mounted goblin clinging onto his back and generally screaming a lot. Nord's innocent willingness to consume goblin corpses frightens the superstitious goblins enough that they haven't roasted him, but he won’t actually attack living goblins. The humiliation of falling off his back is painful enough. If a goblin lasts for at least 3 rounds on Nord’s back, he’s rewarded with a “Dragon Brew Gourd” (an elixir of fire breath).

Eat a Bag of Bull Slugs Real Quick: Bull slugs are black, wriggling slugs the size of sausages. Even among the goblins, they’re considered particularly foul-tasting and, because of the large amounts of slime they exude, difficult to chew. A covered wicker basket containing the slug bag is brought before the PC who accepts this dare, along with a napkin made out of a soggy leaf. The PC has 1 minute to eat an entire bag of bullslugs to win this dare. Eating the slugs is not a problem, even though they wriggle, taste of rotten fish, and burst with a little squeal when chewed. Eating a full bag in a minute is the hard part. There are five slugs in the bag, and successfully eating one doesn't require that you spit out the slug’s mildly poisonous slime bladder—but neglecting to take care not to eat the slime bladder could have repercussions. The reward is a loan of the mighty Gorge of Gluttons—a +1 dogslicer that functions as a bane weapon when utilized against horses (improving to a +3 dogslicer that inflicts an additional 2d6 points of damage on a successful hit). This weapon is owned by the chief, and if the PCs don’t bring the weapon back to him, heads will roll.

Hide or Get Clubbed: This is the goblin version of hide and seek. The dare-taker rushes off into the marsh without any weapons and attempts to find a good hiding spot (make a Stealth check to determine his success at hiding). The other goblins try to find him, and if they do, the finder is allowed to whack the previously hidden goblin with a club. If no goblins find the hidden goblin, he wins a loan of the mystical Ring That Lets You Climb Real Good (a ring of climbing); like Gorge of Gluttons, this magic ring is on loan from the chieftain’s treasury.

The Rusty Earbiter: The infamous Rusty Earbiter is a hollow coil of rusty wires, barrel hoops, bent swords, and thorny branches and vines that's kept behind the Moot House when not in use. So named for the fact that it's claimed a number of goblin ears in the past, the Rusty Earbiter is both an object of fascination and fear for the Licktoads. The half-insane tinkerer who invented the thing has long since died (carried off one night by a giant bird of some sort after his first and only test of a prototype bird-attracting hat), but his legacy lives on. A PC who agrees to this dare must climb into one end of the Rusty Earbiter and then wriggle through it, coming out the other side. There’s no time limit to get this done, but the faster the better! If the PC manages to escape the Earbiter before the other goblins get bored, she wins the use of one of the tribe's most coveted items—the Chief’s Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful. This is a robe of useful items that has only four patches left—a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe, and a bullhorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reta gets very excited at the mention of games. "Oh! Me lovez to dance! Me gotz pretty dress and all!" Reta looks a little concerned when she hears the details but still signs up for the game. "What you meanz it with pig? Oh well...if pig don't dance well, then me just eatz him!"

"Can wez sign up for more than one game?" she asks eagerly. "Me wantz to eatz slugz and play hidingz as well!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poog rushes in barging her out the way "Meez first, I's eatz all da slugz! Yooo go marry pig!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Finez...but when youze getz sick don't blamez me!" Reta lets the nasty little cleric go first with the slugs and lines up ready to ride on the pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |