(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fahl
Fahl raises his hand as if he was asking permission to speak, but then just waves and rushes after Monte.

"Monte! Buddy! Wait! Listen, this Venture-Captain certainly is a ..." he lowers his voice, "... very peculiar person, but the mission! Just think of it! Siphons! Puddles! Mountains! Swamps! Smugglers!" He grabs Monte's cuff. "Monte, come on, smugglers!" Fahl starts to drag Monte back into the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Norrel scoffs. Yeah.....smugglers. He rubs his face wearily. Thank you sir, I don't think we have any more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte
He hasn't quite left the room.
Fahl, man, I don't like these types of people. Just don't trust them and when asked for clarification or understanding, what you get in return obsu...ofbu..of'scation, or whatever. See what you guys can get from these characters. I'll hang here, some where I don't have to hear that giggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
leemc13 wrote:
"We can protect Nester, but if somethings goes wrong can he protect himself? How handy will he be should we find ourselves in a fight?"
"Not so handy as you might like, I fear. Master Rees tried going on field missions as a Pathfinder in his youth, but his weak constitution limited his ability to travel. You can count on him keeping his wits about him in a fight, but not much more than that."

Rothul nods, mainly to himself. "Understood. I suppose that's good enough. Let's make this happen then."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
jarslan wrote:
Do you do kid parties?

He walks away before waiting for answer.
Dreng's grin broadens. "I certainly do! Tell all your friends!"

As the Pathfinders prepare to leave, Dreng waves. "Give my regards to Grandmaster Torch!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Norrel waves his hand absently in Dreng's direction and heads for the door.

To the Siphons in the Puddles, then? I'd rather pick up this map before evening is upon us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Puddles" is a euphemistic name for a slum area within Absalom which was flooded during an earthquake some years back, and which remains water-logged to this day. The partially flooded tunnels of the Siphons below are accessed via the sewer system.

Following Dreng's directions, the Pathfinders eventually find themselves at Grandmaster Torch's audience chamber within the Siphons, where a gruff half-orc guard grants them entry into a large stone room which has somehow been rid not only of all standing water, but also the dank smell which permeates the rest of the Siphons.

Torch himself sits in a large bathtub. He is a dark-haired man of late-middle years, covered with festering burns. Two attendants pour cool water over his wounds.

While his half-orc bodyguards watch the Pathfinders warily, the Grandmaster rises in greeting.

"Well met, Pathfinders. I see you have survived as the Decemvirate’s pawns thus far, and for that I commend you. This next task they have for you is more dangerous than the venture-captain may have told you, so let me give you a word of warning. I have made it my life’s work to ensure Pathfinder agents are given all the tools they need to return home from their myriad adventures, and this map is the tool I give you. Follow the directions on my map as strictly as you can. Deviate from this path and you may encounter challenges far beyond
your abilities.

"Many would paint me and those who believe like I do as betrayers of the Society, but it is the corps of the organization to which I am completely loyal. Each and every one of you. If you believe you have been mistreated by the Ten or their representatives, don’t hesitate to let me know upon your return from Escadar. My network of agents and spies if vast, and I am a powerful ally to have on your side.

"Now be off. You have a long journey ahead of you. And remember, don’t deviate from this map — it’s designed to get you there and back safely!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Don't worry, I'll keep this crew in line. As long as there are no kobolds spouting ancient Kelish, we'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rothul nods and thanks Grandmaster Torch. "Follow the map. Don't deviate from it. Got it. It shall be done. Let's go forth quickly now Pathfinders."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fahl
"Remember the snowy mountains part? Looks like it would be wise to pass through the market quarter while it's still open."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Famous last words: don't deviate from the map. Yeah, let's head over and get some cold weather finery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
A cold weather outfit would do nicely. I'm not much for the cold.

Norrel shivers at the thought of snow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah yes, 'twould best to bundle up for the journey ahead 'fore leaving. The elements can be cruel at times." Rothul decides to pick up a cold-weather outfit to his inventory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in their quarters at the Grand Lodge, the group is packing when they are summoned to a receiving room. A thin Garundi man is awaiting them there, sitting in a relaxed posture in an armchair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
You must be Nester Rees. Venture-Captain Dreng let us know that he would summon us when you had arrived. Do you need more time to prepare before we set off, or are you ready to go now? I hear we will be headed down a smugglers' trail. Are you familiar with it?

Sense Motive 1d20+4 = (3) + 4 = 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405565. samus98
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (3) + 4 =
  • Sense Motive
  • Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 am
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte
Now who are you? Pardon my curtness but you'll have to understand the parade of characters that seem to mill about. I'm not really sure what the correct ways are to act here, but I'd say I'm a bit apprehensive toward these pop up meetings.

He is awkward and nervous. Looks around a bit and says,
Well, I've said enough already. I'll let the smarter of my friends take over.

I type too slow, I'll let Nathan's intro go and ignore mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The man reaches down and picks up a cane from the floor next to his chair, and uses it to lever himself to his feet. He leans on the cane and holds a hand out in greeting. "That's right, I'm Nester Rees. I'm afraid I don't know anything about a smuggler's trail." He shrugs apologetically. "Travel isn't really my strong suit, generally. But I'm told you have a map, and I'm ready to leave whenever you are."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fahl
"Eh... swamps and mountains, after all. Are you sure about... Sorry." Fahl feels uncomfortable pointing at the cane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rothul extends a hand. "We'll met Nester. We'll take good care of you on this trip."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rees shrugs again. "I may be slower than some, but I can manage all right. My right side...lacks strength. But the cane is more of an aid than a necessity."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
Rothul extends a hand. "We'll met Nester. We'll take good care of you on this trip."
Rees takes Rothul's hand with a smile and a dip of his head. "Thank you. I appreciate that."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte
You must have some wicked stories he points to the cane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rees looks down at the cane and then back up at Monte. He offers Monte a quizzical smile and shakes his head a little. "I'm afraid not. Stories of illness are far less exciting than tales of adventure."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte
My mistake. I was kind of hoping you'd have some experience under your belt to offset the gimp. We need mobility and speed. Failing that, experience. You have any sorts of experience? Just so we know what we're in for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rees shrugs. "I tried my hand at adventuring, when I was younger. I didn't seem to have the knack for it. But I do have considerable experience as an appraiser. That's what the Pathfinder Society finds useful these days."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] |