Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rothul turns back to the corner of the room to find Nester after hearing what has transpired. He shakes his head in astonishment. "That was well planned and executed. We were not prepared for that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes little time for the smoke to dissipate, and little more time for sight and strength to return for those afflicted. Nester sits at a table staring at the broken aquarium and shakes his head ruefully. "If only I had detected the forgery more quickly. I fear that Drandle Dreng will be very unhappy with me.

"And yet, I cannot help but wonder whose idea it was to meet at a location with such easy access to the ocean. It gave these gillmen a very strong advantage. As you say, they seem to have planned this with exceptional care."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in Absalom, Drandle Dring is indeed more subdued than on the group's first meeting with them. "Yes, it's disappointing," he says. "The Decemvirate is not pleased. And yet I blame myself more than anyone. The Aspis Consortium can be very crafty, and I should have been more suspicious."

He shakes his head. "It just seemed so unlikely that they would go to so much trouble over an artifact with so little value." Here his face grows troubled. "Unless they know more about that particular artifact than we do. And perhaps even have one or more of the other parts..." his voice trails off as he sinks into thought.

Then he shakes himself. "Still, it is not your problem. Under the circumstances, I could not have expected better of you than what you delivered. You did get Nester Rees there and back safely, which was your primary mission after all.

"But learn a lesson from this, and be ever vigilant against the wiles of the Aspis Consortium. They are today's greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society, and should not be underestimated again."

With that, Drandle Dreng dismisses the group, and Nester Rees bids them all a warm farewell as he takes his leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Norrel rubs his eyes as he leaves the Pathfinder headquarters.

To the pub then? I'm ready to take a load off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Oh, Rothul....

Norrel digs into his pocket pulling out 10 grimy gold pieces.

...This is for the boat ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fahl
Fahl points at Norrel: "Oh, thanks, I have almost forgotten." He adds ten coins from his pocket. "And I'm buying the first round."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
At the bar, Norrel tentatively looks around the room. Only an old man is there besides his Pathfinder companions and the workers.

Fahl, I don't make a habit of this, but don't be a stranger when you return from this strange, forbidden land you are traveling to. I have enjoyed working with you and anticipate your return.

Norrel lifts his cup, and downs a swig with a cough. Smacking his lips, Bitter, but not bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fahl
"Well, I hope I'll be wiser when I'm back." Fahl sighs, but then pushes away his honeyed milk and asks the bartender for the same stuff Norrel is drinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Thanks for remembering, fellow Pathfinders. Let's drink to our health and to our friendship; may they both be long-lasting." Rothul throws back a swig and smiles broadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  |