Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The bartender shakes her head slightly, and her grin continues to broaden as she stares a challenge at Fahl.

Rothul leaps forward through the smoke, drawing his sword and swinging it in the direction he'd last seen the gillmen.

Miss Shoalo on 1-50 1d100 = (27) = 27

His sword fails to make contact, however.

I just noticed that Rothul rolled 1d10 for damage. Isn't damage with a medium greatsword 2d6?


3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 434910. Brent Johnson
  • 1d100 =
  • (27) =
  • 27
  • Miss Shoalo on 1-50
  • Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahrmisa Fortitude save 1d20+3 = (13) + 3 = 16

Ahrmisa swings a leg toward Monte and shoves at him in an attempt to push him away.

Reposition 1d20+2 = (9) + 2 = 11

However, in the smoke Ahrmisa merely jogs Monte's arm a little. Giving up, she moves back along the wall to the door and throws it open.

Initiative
23 Fahl
22 Rothul
16 Ahrmisa
11 Monte
10 Norrel
09 Nester
08 Shoalo
07 Bartender

Monte and Norrel are up.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 434911. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (13) + 3 =
  • 16
  • Ahrmisa Fortitude save
  • Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 434940. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (9) + 2 =
  • 11
  • Reposition
  • Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:05 pm
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
I just noticed that Rothul rolled 1d10 for damage. Isn't damage with a medium greatsword 2d6?

Ah, correct. I forgot that. Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte grabs both rapiers and takes a couple of broad swings hoping to hit something but tries for general vicinity last he saw Shoalo.

His dex bonus is a wash with failed save to his str and dex but -4 still applies for 2 handed fighting penalty after applying feat.

1d20-4 = (20) - 4 = 16
next swing 1d20-4 = (15) - 4 = 11

Roll damage if applicable
1d6 = (3) = 3
1d6 = (3) = 3


I'm rolling to confirm critical
1d20-4 = (5) - 4 = 1

..sighcry
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435181. jarslan
  • 1d20-4 =
  • (20) - 4 =
  • 16
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 am
  • [+]
  • 435182. jarslan
  • 1d20-4 =
  • (15) - 4 =
  • 11
  • next swing
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 am
  • [+]
  • 435184. jarslan
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:55 am
  • [+]
  • 435185. jarslan
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:55 am
  • [+]
  • 435186. jarslan
  • 1d20-4 =
  • (5) - 4 =
  • 1
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:00 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte misses on 1-50: 1d100 = (75) = 75
Monte misses on 1-50: 1d100 = (29) = 29

Monte is surprised to feel one of his rapiers strike home. Someone - presumably Shoalo - lets out a high-pitched squeal.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435200. Brent Johnson
  • 1d100 =
  • (75) =
  • 75
  • Monte misses on 1-50:
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:56 am
  • [+]
  • 435201. Brent Johnson
  • 1d100 =
  • (29) =
  • 29
  • Monte misses on 1-50:
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 am
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Norrel screams out as the lamp explodes.

Will Save 1d20+3 = (1) + 3 = 4
Even with Purity of Faith which gives me +1 bonus on all saving throws made against spells and effects originating from an outsider with the evil subtype, this was an utter failure. Would PoF have counted on this roll?
Blindness Rounds 1d4+1 = (4) + 1 = 5

Reeling away from the source of the explosion Norrel falls back into the corner.

E26
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435225. samus98
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (1) + 3 =
  • 4
  • Will Save
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:26 am
  • [+]
  • 435228. samus98
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (4) + 1 =
  • 5
  • Blindness Rounds
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:31 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nester Will save 1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12
Nester Fortitude save 1d20+1 = (11) + 1 = 12

Blinded and choking, Nester pushes back from the table. Relieved to find himself in clearer air, he follows the wall back until he bumps into Norrel. "Excuse me," he says, and coughs. Still following the wall, he comes to a door and opens it, hoping to find refuge.

3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435363. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Nester Will save
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 435364. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (11) + 1 =
  • 12
  • Nester Fortitude save
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoalo Fortitude save 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10

Moaning, Shoalo moves along the wall to the door. "میں خون بہہ رہا ہے," he says as he stumbles outside.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435365. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Shoalo Fortitude save
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:55 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The bartender throws a spell back at Fahl as she moves along the bar and clambers onto it.

Bartender Climb 1d20 = (19) = 19

The map is updated.

Fahl and Rothul are up.

Fahl needs to make a DC 12 Will save against Daze.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435367. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • 19
  • Bartender Climb
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:17 pm
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb

Will save 1d20+2 = (15) + 2 = 17
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435371. schizoid
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (15) + 2 =
  • 17
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Without being able to see inside with the smoke, it seems useless to continue fighting in here, so Rothul moves in the direction of the doorway after hearing Shoalo moaning and stumbling his way outside. He seeks to escape the smoke and find a clear spot to confront the attackers. "I hear them fleeing. I'm going after them to get the relic back. Protect Nester."

Rothul runs toward the doorway at M26. I'm not sure how far he'll get with someone blocking his way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Fahl
Fahl uses his two open hands to fence himself. Not clear how it helps with magic, but somehow he manages to make the spell jump back at the bartender. It's a fun game they are playing now. Fahl has a feeling he saw this game before, played by two Qadirans, although instead of a spell they were using a small yellowish ball.
Another Daze, DC 16
3 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
Rothul runs toward the doorway at M26. I'm not sure how far he'll get with someone blocking his way.
I think this is the best he can do:

Feeling his way blindly toward the door, Rothul is surprised to fetch up against it. He was sure he'd heard it open, but now it's closed. He opens it again.

It's a double door. Ahrmisa is blocking the one she opened. But Rothul can get to the other (without fear of AoO, given the opaque smoke).

3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartender Will save 1d20+6 = (20) + 6 = 26

The bartender waggles a finger at Fahl in the universal gesture of "Naughty! Naughty!"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435386. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (20) + 6 =
  • 26
  • Bartender Will save
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:58 pm
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahrmisa pokes a spear in the direction of the man she'd felt brush by her.

Attack 1d20+2 = (1) + 2 = 3 Damage 1d8+1 = (4) + 1 = 5 Miss on 1-50: 1d100 = (35) = 35

Not waiting to see what effect it might have had, she steps through the doorway.

Monte and Norrel are up. Well, Monte at least.

3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435387. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Attack
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm
  • [+]
  • 435388. Brent Johnson
  • 1d8+1 =
  • (4) + 1 =
  • 5
  • Damage
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:03 pm
  • [+]
  • 435390. Brent Johnson
  • 1d100 =
  • (35) =
  • 35
  • Miss on 1-50:
  • Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:03 pm
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it reasonable Monte could follow the direction of the noise made after he hit someone last round to find the wall? He could find the door from there and push his way through? If not, then he'll do his best to find the door.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte won't have any trouble finding the door. And both doors are open, so he can head on through if he wants. Just be aware that if he goes further than L27 he will be subject to an AoO from Ahrmisa.

Also, please assume that the portion of the smoke cloud shown as extending outside the tavern isn't actually there.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. He can make it L30 and take another stab at Shoalo, I hope

1d20-4 = (1) - 4 = -3
1d20-4 = (15) - 4 = 11

Braving the attack of opportunity
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 435822. jarslan
  • 1d20-4 =
  • (1) - 4 =
  • -3
  • Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 am
  • [+]
  • 435823. jarslan
  • 1d20-4 =
  • (15) - 4 =
  • 11
  • Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monte rushes out the door, squeezing between Rothul and Ahrmisa, and ignoring the startled stab from the latter as he goes by.

Ahrmisa AoO 1d20+2 = (3) + 2 = 5 Damage 1d8+1 = (1) + 1 = 2

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 436034. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Ahrmisa AoO
  • Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 436035. Brent Johnson
  • 1d8+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Damage
  • Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:41 pm
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Norrel feels Nester bump into him and grasps at him as he passes. He tries to follow him blindly!

Nester! I can't see!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahrmisa's laugh is ugly as she watches Monte rush to the edge of the pier. Shoalo's form is barely visible beneath the surface of the water, and getting fainter all the time as he swims deeper.

"You're too late, Pathfinder!" she spits. "Or do you think you can swim as well as Shoalo? Or breathe water?"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nester grabs Norrel's arm and pulls at it as he steps through the door he'd found earlier. "I can't see either, Norrel. But perhaps if we slip in here and hold the door shut..."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon hearing Ahrmisa's words, the bartender lets out a crow of victory. She looks at Fahl with a broad smile of satisfaction, and quickly casts another spell - although Fahl is pretty sure that the gesture at the end was not actually an arcane pass, but more something rude directed toward him. The spell itself, fortunately, was not.

The aquarium suddenly shatters. Most of the glass ends up in the harbor below, together with the fish and the water and the coral statue. But a fair number of thick shards scatter across tables and floor, and a lone orange-colored fish ends up flopping on the floor beneath Fahl's stool.

The bartender hops off the counter and dives in. She and Shoalo are both soon out of sight beneath the water.

Fahl and Rothul are up!

3 
 Thumb up
0.12
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Fahl
Defeated in every possible way, Fahl feels that the battle for him is over. He scoops the poor fish on a trencher and puts it into the gap in the floor where the aquarium was before. Then he squats and looks down the water, although without any hope to actually find anything interesting.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple small bits of flotsam are visible in the water, but it's hard to imagine anyone finding them interesting. The bartender is long gone.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  Next »  [17] |