Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey bro's, I'm back. Wouldn't you know it on the last day of the trip our ISP's DNS server goes down and with it goes our site, theirs and the sister site where our records were. So bad, so shamefully bad this happened but continuing my string of bad luck for this year cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
surprisewowsoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I can not imagine how a DNS server going down could result in a data loss, but
I know that feeling, bro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't lose any data but we could not access our mail or domain records that were on the DNS server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Internet has been out down at our house the last two days.

Good news is, it's working again! Bad news is, our 9 month old got every sick with some virus. Ugh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hope everything will get better soon, Nathan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ug! Sick little ones are no fun. I, too, hope things improve soon for your family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Everyone is feeling better. Sorry for the random internet outage again! Cross your fingers things stay fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that wraps it up! Congratulations on pushing through and meeting the deadline!

Everyone will get 401 gp and 2 prestige points. (The second prestige point is contingent on picking a faction, but everyone has already done so.) If you all want to settle up in any way over the ship fare, now is your opportunity to do so. And if anyone wants to buy and/or sell anything, please let me know.

I should be able to get the reporting done at Paizo tonight, but it will take me a little longer to get the chronicle sheets out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of sorry about the apparent failure of your mission, but this one really did have the deck stacked against you. When I first read the scenario, I was astonished at how little likelihood there seemed of success, especially if Nester failed his Appraise roll. (He has a 70% chance of success. But in your case he failed.)

Even so, if the dice had gone a little differently, the outcome might have been quite different. For example, if Monte had not missed his second concealment roll for the smoke, Shoalo would have been down to zero hit points and would not have been able to escape before Monte and Rothul caught up to him.

The consolation is that this scenario does not penalize you in any way for the gillmen escaping with the Pathfinders' artifact. It is, I suppose, an acknowledgement that you are not really expected to succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly enough, Part 2 has a similar "issue" in that if you play the scenario as written, the Fire Speaker has a better than even chance of escaping down the well. I tried to give you a chance while still remaining true to the scenario's instructions on how to play him, and fortunately you pulled out a win!

More importantly, you pulled off a great story. Which is now true for both Part 2 and Part 3.

But even if the Fire Speaker had escaped with the jade katana, you would not have been penalized in Part 2 as long as you destroyed Maurit. Either returning with the katana or destroying Maurit was sufficient for earning your second prestige point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...is everyone still up for Part 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks again, Brent! Let's knock Part 1 out. I've really enjoyed having you as GM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
samus98 wrote:
Thanks again, Brent! Let's knock Part 1 out. I've really enjoyed having you as GM!
Here! Here! I second that remark. I'm ready to continue, and I've really enjoyed your GMing as well, Brent.

It is interesting to understand the variables for success in the scenarios we've encountered. I had wondered what would happen to us when we lost the artifact. (And I thought that escape by the gillmen was rather clever.) I've got to say, I'm impressed with the Pathfinder system overall. As I've said before, I've really enjoyed playing these scenarios with you, Brent. Thanks, and buy yourself a microbadge for your hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yep, I want to chime in and thank Brent for handling this game in the best possible way. At least, this is how it looked from my player's seat here.

Also, you all guys were great and I had a good time. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I won't be participating in the last stage - currently, I'm in the process to decrease my online presence as much as possible due to external circumstances, and I've decided to not start any new games for now. I'm really sorry about this.

Well, I'm sure we will meet again one day in another PbF. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll miss you schizoid.

Thanks for the kind words (and the microbadge), everyone!

Unfortunately, three is not enough to run a PFS scenario. That means I'll have to advertise for more players, which will push back the start time a little. But hopefully not too much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was good playing with you schizoid. Catch you another time, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm sure we will have the opportunity to play in another PbF in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Later man. Fun gaming with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on the chronicle sheets. Does anyone want to spend prestige points? A wand of Cure Light Wounds is a popular choice. It costs 2 PP, and both Norrel and Rothul would be able to use one without any chance of failure.

If anyone wants to buy anything, let me know. However, there will be another opportunity at the beginning of the next scenario.

I don't remember if I've asked before, but Monte could really benefit from using a light weapon in his off hand. Two rapiers are at -4/-4 on the attack rolls, whereas a rapier and a shortsword would be at -2/-2. The shortsword crits on 19-20 instead of 18-20, but they both 1d6 damage. In my view, the rapier/shortsword combination is more effective. But if it doesn't fit the character conception for Monte, there's no need to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arslanian
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds good, Brent. I didn't see that bit about light weapons and -2. Originally I intended on using two different sized/types weapons because of the style points of looking cool but during the scenario I was thinking of dealing some damage.

So the long of the short of the thing, *groan*, is using the short sword would fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'll check when I get home about buying things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am inclined to purchase a wand of cure light wounds, but I'm not sure if that's a good use of my PP. Again, I'm newish to Pathfinders - this being only the third game I've played - so I don't know if I should spend it on that or not. Any suggestions from you fellows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never made it far enough in PFS play to have informed advice. I know some people like to save up their PP in case they need it for a resurrection.

Personally, I've been buying Cure Light Wounds wands for all my characters that can use them. Who knows? Maybe I'll regret that some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |