Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
278 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Karpouzian's PFS: A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Great job, Ogrim! Nasty thing, has anyone seen anything like this before?" Cade asks while pushing the flaps of skin around the beast's face with the tip of his sword.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol shakes off his fear and comments, "I am sure the centaurs have. Why, I suspect very much that this is the cat monster they were hunting. I wonder where the centaurs are now. They will be happy to hear that our brave monk here took care of it for them."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Great job indeed, Ogrim. I'm glad that I'm in a company of such good fighters."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
Tyrol shakes off his fear and comments, "I am sure the centaurs have. Why, suspect very much that this is the cat monster they were hunting. I wonder where the centaurs are now. They will be happy to hear that our brave monk here took care of it for them."

No sooner out of the frightened Tyrol's mouth is this uttered, than Urdel Thunderhoof bursts into the forest clearing. Seeing that the you have defeated the threat to his forest home, he offers to provide you with valuable fur pelts in exchange for the krenshar’s corpse. As the centaur gives you the furs, he warns them about the deadly cold found in the high areas of the Kortos Mounts, and suggests you use the furs to help protect yourselves the elements. These pelts can be used to fashion one makeshift cold weather outfit with a DC 15 Craft (clothing) or Survival check (or just be used as furs). Urdel Thunderhoof thanks you once more before moving off into the woods toward his tribe’s camp.

You all finish the night's rest uneventfully.

After your first day of traveling through the mountain pass, you spy a covered wagon half buried in the snow. Investigation of the wagon uncovers three frozen humans who have obviously succumbed to cold exposure. These explorers foolishly attempted to cross the mountain pass during the cold season and paid with their lives. Fortunately the weather is not as cold now, but during the night the temperature
still drops below 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours (1 a.m.
to 5 a.m.).

Please make four survival checks, dc 15, then four fort saves each, DC 15, 16, 17, 18. Take 1d6 non-lethal from each failed save. Remember to include bonuses for furs, cold-weather gear, etc.

If you choose to make camp in the wagon, doing so grants you a circumstance bonus against the cold, high-altitude winds that blow throughout the night.

The wagon can hold 5 Medium creatures, and everyone in the wagon gains an additional +2 bonus on Fortitude saving throws against exposure.

Additionally, the wagon has a wood-burning stove and enough wood to burn throughout the night, granting a further +2 bonus on Fortitude saving throws versus cold exposure.

Finally, those with the Survival skill can enhance their own chances
to last until the temperatures rise above 40 degrees (at 5 a.m.). If such you succeed at a DC 15 Survival check, you gain a +4 bonus on the Fortitude check; you may provide this bonus to one additional PC for each point above 15 by which their checks succeed.

There are three suits of cold-weather gear on three frozen corpses, if you don't mind robbing the dead.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol thanks the centaurs sincerely for their thoughtful gifts and wonders silently how they happened to appear so conveniently. Were they here all along watching the party? Shrugging to himself, he thinks no more of the centaurs- surely if they meant the party harm, they would have attacked while they had their hands full with the krenshar.

As the party travels on, the weather grows colder and Tyrol casts Endure Elements on himself as he put on his cold weather gear. His old bones were not what they used to be and cold weather makes his bones ache.
Survival (take10) + Guidance 10+4+1 = 10 + 4 + 1 = 15
As the party prepares to batten down the hatches and weather the storm in the wagon, Tyrol exercises his considerable Survival skills to use, keeping himself warm and helping the party from time to time.
Survival (Aid another) 1d20+4+1 = (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Survival (Aid another) 1d20+4+1 = (11) + 4 + 1 = 16

If any of the other party members appear to be faring badly (or failed their Fort saves), Tyrol will cast one of his remaining Endure Elements on them.

Once Endure Elements is cast, no Fort saves are required for the target.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412005. not2fear
  • 10+4+1 =
  • 10 + 4 + 1 =
  • 15
  • Survival (take10) + Guidance
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 412006. not2fear
  • 1d20+4+1 =
  • (16) + 4 + 1 =
  • 21
  • Survival (Aid another)
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 412007. not2fear
  • 1d20+4+1 =
  • (11) + 4 + 1 =
  • 16
  • Survival (Aid another)
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:46 pm
Nebis
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horgrym finds a spot in the wagon to rest nd tries to keep warm.

Survival 1d20-1 = (4) - 1 = 3
Survival 1d20-1 = (20) - 1 = 19
Survival 1d20-1 = (1) - 1 = 0
Survival 1d20-1 = (2) - 1 = 1

Fort -15 1d20+4 = (13) + 4 = 17
Fort - 16 1d20+8 = (17) + 8 = 25
Fort - 17 1d20+4 = (16) + 4 = 20
Fort - 18 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6

Horgrym feels the chill in his bones.

Cooold 1d6 = (6) = 6
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412057. NebisTS
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (4) - 1 =
  • 3
  • Survival
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 412058. NebisTS
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (20) - 1 =
  • 19
  • Survival
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 412059. NebisTS
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (1) - 1 =
  • 0
  • Survival
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 412060. NebisTS
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (2) - 1 =
  • 1
  • Survival
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 412061. NebisTS
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (13) + 4 =
  • 17
  • Fort -15
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 412062. NebisTS
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (17) + 8 =
  • 25
  • Fort - 16
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 412063. NebisTS
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • Fort - 17
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm
  • [+]
  • 412064. NebisTS
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Fort - 18
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm
  • [+]
  • 412065. NebisTS
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Cooold
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim takes a cold weather suit, as the dead have no more use for it, and finds a place inside the wagon to rest.


1 1d20+7 = (12) + 7 = 19+2
2 1d20+7 = (13) + 7 = 20+2
3 1d20+7 = (14) + 7 = 21+2
4 1d20+7 = (8) + 7 = 15+2
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412119. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (12) + 7 =
  • 19
  • 1
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 412120. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (13) + 7 =
  • 20
  • 2
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 412121. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (14) + 7 =
  • 21
  • 3
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 412122. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (8) + 7 =
  • 15
  • 4
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"While I am sorry for these folk's misfortune, at least this will be of some aid to us! Perhaps we should take the bodies outside to make room and make it a bit more comfortable for us?" he comments as he starts arranging the wood in the stove and lighting it with his flint.

Not having much experience with the wilds himself, he carefully listens to Tyrol's advice when setting himself up for the night after the meal.

Survival 1: 1d20-1 = (15) - 1 = 14
Survival 2: 1d20-1 = (3) - 1 = 2
Survival 3: 1d20-1 = (4) - 1 = 3
Survival 4: 1d20-1 = (12) - 1 = 11

Fortitude 1 (DC 15): 1d20+2+2+2+4 = (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 15
Fortitude 2 (DC 16): 1d20+2+2+2+4 = (16) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 26
Fortitude 3 (DC 17): 1d20+2+2+2+4 = (14) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 24
Fortitude 4 (DC 18): 1d20+2+2+2+4 = (15) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 25


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412197. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (15) - 1 =
  • 14
  • Survival 1:
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 am
  • [+]
  • 412198. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (3) - 1 =
  • 2
  • Survival 2:
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 am
  • [+]
  • 412199. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (4) - 1 =
  • 3
  • Survival 3:
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am
  • [+]
  • 412200. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (12) - 1 =
  • 11
  • Survival 4:
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am
  • [+]
  • 412203. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2+2+2+4 =
  • (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 =
  • 15
  • Fortitude 1 (DC 15):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am
  • [+]
  • 412205. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2+2+2+4 =
  • (16) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 =
  • 26
  • Fortitude 2 (DC 16):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am
  • [+]
  • 412207. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2+2+2+4 =
  • (14) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 =
  • 24
  • Fortitude 3 (DC 17):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 am
  • [+]
  • 412208. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2+2+2+4 =
  • (15) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 =
  • 25
  • Fortitude 4 (DC 18):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 am
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar takes one cold weather suit off of one corpse and dons it, then he joins Ogrim in the wagon.

Survival checks:
1d20+3 = (2) + 3 = 5
1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23
1d20+3 = (2) + 3 = 5
1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12

Fort checks:
1d20+7 = (13) + 7 = 20
1d20+11 = (15) + 11 = 26
1d20+7 = (12) + 7 = 19
1d20+7 = (12) + 7 = 19
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412427. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (2) + 3 =
  • 5
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 am
  • [+]
  • 412428. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 am
  • [+]
  • 412429. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (2) + 3 =
  • 5
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 am
  • [+]
  • 412430. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 am
  • [+]
  • 412435. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (13) + 7 =
  • 20
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am
  • [+]
  • 412436. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (15) + 11 =
  • 26
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am
  • [+]
  • 412437. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (12) + 7 =
  • 19
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am
  • [+]
  • 412438. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (12) + 7 =
  • 19
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is there still room in there fer another Dwarf?"

Survival 1d20+1 = (14) + 1 = 15
Survival 1d20+1 = (7) + 1 = 8
Survival 1d20+1 = (16) + 1 = 17
Survival 1d20+1 = (9) + 1 = 10

Fortitude 1d20+4 = (5) + 4 = 9
Fortitude 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
Fortitude 1d20+4 = (9) + 4 = 13
Fortitude 1d20+4 = (4) + 4 = 8

...because I'm literally freezing my butt off here. 4d6 = (6 + 6 + 6 + 3) = 21

I forgot to add the bonus for cold-weather gear though. Aelric bought that gear during his first adventure: 'Written in Blood'. And if there should be any room to squeeze himself into the wagon, he may get those bonuses too. Otherwise I'm pretty sure 21 cold damage will kill him.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412496. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (14) + 1 =
  • 15
  • Survival
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:40 pm
  • [+]
  • 412498. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (7) + 1 =
  • 8
  • Survival
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 412500. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (16) + 1 =
  • 17
  • Survival
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 412502. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (9) + 1 =
  • 10
  • Survival
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 412504. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Fortitude
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 412507. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Fortitude
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 412508. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (9) + 4 =
  • 13
  • Fortitude
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 412509. SammySnijbonen
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (4) + 4 =
  • 8
  • Fortitude
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 412510. SammySnijbonen
  • 4d6 =
  • (6 + 6 + 6 + 3) =
  • 21
  • ...because I'm literally freezing my butt off here.
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the middle of the night, Tyrol does notice Aelric fairing poorly - he casts his remaining endure elements, leaving the party, except for horgrym warm through the night.

(I think this is the stupidest encounter to run Pbf/pbp - we'll move on later today because you just fall unconscious from non-lethal damage, which in turn heals it...). After a few hours of walking in the am, horgrym is fully recovered.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I haven't moved on - not working while recovering from surgery makes me think I have more time available... It's just not true
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the pass winds around a large mountain, you spot a light glinting from a ledge some 50 feet above your current location. It is slanted, and there is a jagged ice face (DC 10 to climb, and yes you can take 10).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim takes 10 and climbs the ledge.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar takes 10 and follows Ogrim.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A small statue of a woman complete with a nearby shrine rests on the ledge.

The glinting light seen from the path is the sun’s reflection off a number of coins and gems in the shrine’s offering bowl.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade scuttles up to the ledge and his eyes grow wide at the sight of the wealth by the statue. He reaches out, but just before his hand touches a particularly enticing emerald, he stops and looks a little closer at the statue.

Climb: take 10=14
Perception: 1d20+5 = (7) + 5 = 12
Knowledge (history): 1d20+7 = (11) + 7 = 18
Knowledge (local): 1d20+6 = (12) + 6 = 18
Knowledge (planes): 1d20+4 = (8) + 4 = 12
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 413705. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (7) + 5 =
  • 12
  • Perception:
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm
  • [+]
  • 413706. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (11) + 7 =
  • 18
  • Knowledge (history):
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 413708. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (12) + 6 =
  • 18
  • Knowledge (local):
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 413709. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (8) + 4 =
  • 12
  • Knowledge (planes):
  • Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade identifies the figure in the statue as Lady Kayle, a Taldan adventurer who sacrificed herself so her comrades could defeat the great dragon Maejerex, who terrorized the Isle of Kortos until 4592 ar.

It appears as if there is appx. 500 gold in coins and gems on the altar.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nebis
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horgrym follows up to the ledge and watches Cade with interest.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, the great Lady Kayle! We are indeed fortunate to have found this shrine. She is a sainted explorer who made the ultimate sacrifice against the dragon Maejerex to save the lives of hundreds, perhaps thousands! A legendary battle that savaged a wide swath of Kortos until she managed to bring the beast down before succombing to her wounds. A good sign, with her blessing we can overcome any odds in our quest!" Cade recites, gazing off into the mountains ahead of them.

He drops a gold crown into the bowl and watches the others before starting the climb back down.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nebis
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horgrym looks in awe at the statue.

"Oy, a dragonslayer? That is impressive! Got to be a good omen."

He adds a gold coin to the offering and climbs back down the ledge.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If what you say is true, Cade, then it is fitting to pay tribute to this lady Ogrim says as he drops a coin into the bowl as well.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol takes 10 on the climb and drops 1 gp into the bowl.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Huffing and Puffing, Aelric takes 10 on the climb and reaches the statue as well.

"What's this I hear about a heroine and a dragonslayer at that? The blessing of one with the prowess to defeat a dragon surely must mean something."

He respectfully bows and adds a gold coin to the offerings.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar drops 1gp into the bowl, looks at the statue for the last time and starts descending down.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [12] |