Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
278 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Karpouzian's PFS: A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol decides to make a separate Diplomacy attempt. He invokes the Legalistic curse... And the power of Nature's Divination. "I swear that no bloodshed will occur between peaceloving creatures today if can help it. We come in peace, good centaurs!"
Diplomacy (take 10) 10+11+4+10 = 10 + 11 + 4 + 10 = 35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 400840. not2fear
  • 10+11+4+10 =
  • 10 + 11 + 4 + 10 =
  • Diplomacy (take 10)
  • Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:39 am
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natural Divination (Ex): You can read the entrails of a freshly killed animal or humanoid to gain an insight bonus equal to your Charisma modifier on one saving throw. Alternatively, by observing and interpreting the flights of birds, you may apply a +10 competence bonus on any one skill check. Finally, by charting marks in dirt or stone, or observing the behavior of sand when thrown into the wind, you gain a +4 insight bonus on one initiative check. These bonuses must be used during the next 24 hours and you must declare you are using the bonus before the check or save is made. Making a natural divination takes 10 minutes. You may use natural divination (in any combination) once per day plus one additional time per day for every four oracle levels you have attained.

But still, 25 is more than plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
The 10 minute natural divination is made at the start of the day. The bonus has to be used within the next 24 hours by declaring it prior to the check. It does not require 10 minutes to invoke the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, ok. Well, 35 it is, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I am Urdel Thunderhoof", The Centaur says proudly, and I appreciate your vow. As I have stated, this dark cat seems more intelligent than normal, and perhaps has been herding us, an armed hunting party, towards disaster... Be cautious, he warns, and... He looks through his pack, ...and take these. They will help you on your journey if you need minor healing, and taste much better than trail rations." He hands Tyrol 8 goodberrys and a masterwork longspear. "The berries will remain enchanted for 4 days - hopefully you do not need them before that time."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade stands in awe of Tyrol's masterful handling of the centaurs. He is just about to ask about free pamphlets for the Church of Tyrol, but he manages to snap out of it.

"Thank you very much! I am sure we can put these to good use. Good luck on your hunt!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol bows gratefully to the centaur. "We are in your debt, master centaur. I hope we meet again soon and that one of us would have taken care of this threat by then."

Tyrol keeps the 8 goodberries and the masterwork longspear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim grunts in agreement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death.

(You all take 10, and with some help, Tyrol crosses, too. Duty's, Ogrim is not in the character depository).

The half-eaten carcass of a large deer stains the forest’s foliage near a fast moving river.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol casts Guidance and examines the carcass to determine what killed it. Perhaps it is the monster the centaur spoke of....
Survival (take 10) 10+4+1 = 10 + 4 + 1 = 15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 401991. not2fear
  • 10+4+1 =
  • 10 + 4 + 1 =
  • Survival (take 10)
  • Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I be'neasy bou' th'corpse. W'musbe wary Ogrim says, looking around uneasily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade looks around, smiling nervously as he collects water from the stream.

"Indeed! I for one am quite anxious to be on our way and back to civilization. Perhaps we should move on quickly? I hope to be able to make the mountains at least before we rest!"

Perception: 1d20+5 = (12) + 5 = 17
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402029. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (12) + 5 =
  • Perception:
  • Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 am
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol notes that the beast was killed by a large cat, though how odd it is for anything wild to leave this much of a fresh kill, almost as if it were killing for sport... Or pleasure.

Cade notices claw marks going further into the woods, the same direction as the party must travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol looks grimly at the tracks and says "Brothers, I think we should double our watch tonight. The demon cat is nearby and the area is not safe."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That'd be a goo'dea Ogrim says.

Now, 'tremains t'find a place t'camp. Ogrim says. Bes'ta camp inna cave or th'solid rock but failin'that, the dworvon sagas warn gains' rivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nebis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horgrym nervously caresses his greatsword as his companions offer admonitions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No caves around, but there is a clearing not too far to the north of your location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade looks around the clearing. "Hmmm, I just realized I forgot to get a bedroll or blanket. I suppose I will just have to make the best of it."

He asks Tyrol for his winter gear, and starts arranging it on the ground for a bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol helps the halfling set up his bed, then settles down next to the fire for the watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Tyrol, shall I join you for the watch?" asks Thulvar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrol is startled by the sudden appearance of the mysterious Pathfinder. "Sure... but i don't even know what you look like! What's your name, son?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm sorry. My name is Thulvar and I am here to join your group. I would have come earlier, but I got delayed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, I say you come at the right time son! I think there's a demon cat lurking nearby, and we could see some action tonight. Keep your eyes peeled!" Tyrol passes a steaming tin cup of coffee to Thulvar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not long after they meet Thulvar, the party sees a strange form drawing closer fast. They soon recognize it's a pony, riding as if a demon's whip was behind it, packed with some equipment and a stocky dwarf, long-bearded, red-headed and red-faced.

"Taisteal, thiomána tú mongrel, nó beidh mé craiceann a bhaint de tú roimh an am seo an tseachtain seo chugainn!"

When he's near the party, the dwarf-rinding-a-pony halts brusquely and looks at all their faces. His own face clears up when he recognizes a few of them. Another dwarf in particular.

"Ogrim, bheannaigh a Moridan bhfaighidh mé tú anseo. Bhuail mé le roinnt de na ár bhráithre, trádálaithe, ó fada soir i dteach aréir. Thóg sé cúpla lá ere an glaoch a arm ó Chumann shroich mé."

He then turns to the rest of the party.

"Greetin's, all. Some o' you I know..." He jumps down from his pony, and nods to his former companions, then bows for the adventurers unfamiliar to him, before continuing "Greetings. I am Aelric Holgarsson o' Clan Stonefist, form'r soldier now in th'employ o' the Pathfinder Society, much like ye are. As I jus' told my friend Ogrim, I receiv'd a call tha arms from the Society tha join ye on this mission. I got this message late, however, thus so am I. My apologies."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nebis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horgrym looks around at the assembled Pathfinders. "Our odds are gettin' better. I hope this cat thing comes so we can give it what for!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |