Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for actual gameplay. OOC comments should be marked as such, for example by using the [ ooc ] tag.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS # Faction

Sakura Nij eddie_drood Ninja 1 52640-4 Lantern Lodge
Adione cocuzzi Cleric 1 87646-1 Sczarni
Asbjörn Ulfkairsson Bearpaw Barbarian 3 23847-2 Andoran
Nora St. Claire beekers Fighter 1 91872-1 Andoran
Ta’lon Bludhaven Hadda Magus 1 89983-1 Grand Lodge
Ilyana allyse Oracle 1 77969-3 Grand Lodge

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Grand Lodge of Absalom, center of operations of the world-spanning Pathfinder Society, the party is summoned by the Master of Spells, Aram Zey, who has instructed you to meet him in a vault deep below Skyreach — and to dress warmly.

A five-by-seven-foot tapestry hangs on the wall, surrounded by a series of platforms and ladders to allow a close view of any spot upon it. The room is otherwise empty, save for the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Spells, Aram Zey, who paces impatiently before the Hao Jin Tapestry, glancing up as the door creaks open.

"Thank you for your quick arrival, Pathfinders," Zey says curtly, speaking without making eye contact, as though his mind is moving faster than his mouth. As he continues his focused pacing, he gestures toward the tapestry.

"As I’m sure you know, we recently came into possession of this wonder behind me — the Hao Jin Tapestry — by winning the Ruby Phoenix Tournament in distant Goka. Within this piece of fabric lies an entire world in which one of Golarion's greatest magicians placed treasures and mysteries beyond imagining. And it was supposed to be ours alone. This promise of exclusive access was made a lie, however, when the Aspis Consortium found a way into Hao Jin's astral vault that bypassed the tapestry altogether, and Aspis agents are now busy stealing whatever they can move, hoping we will act too slowly to protect our winnings. Fortunately, a recent mission into the tapestry managed to uncover a clue about a possible Aspis base within the tapestry. That is your destination."

"The camp, interestingly, is within a great stone temple complex uprooted from the Vudran jungle many centuries ago by the sorceress herself. Since her disappearance, that part of the tapestry has been encased in a massive glacier. This temple — dedicated to a Vudran monkey-god, we believe — could prove enlightening on its own, notwithstanding the Aspis presence there. It's a grim thought imagining what the Consortium has done to the place, but apparently more than three-quarters of it is still protected by the glacier, so we can still salvage a great deal."

"Vanaras — the simian humanoids responsible for constructing this temple — are great builders, and this temple is representative of the huge complexes that once graced the Vimada Forest before their wars with men and the rise of Khiben-Sald. It's a representation of the cosmos, really, a series of nested squares with symbolic shrine-mountains all directed toward great Bahmenu, the mountain birthplace of the god Ragdya and, the vanaras believe, the center of the universe. This symmetry may serve you well, since it will help you predict the layout and functions of the temple as you make your way around it. Every corner of the temple will be fitted with a small shrine, all facing the symbolic mountain."

"Even an abandoned temple is a holy place to the vanaras, as it is to most of us Vudrani as well, and we hope you respect that fact. If you can save the sanctuary from the insolence of the gods-damned Aspis, it may draw the mirthful and enlightened eye of Ragdya himself upon our Society."

Finishing his hurried little speech he procures slips of paper that he holds up for you to see.

"Here is written the command word used to enter the tapestry. Read it out loud while touching the marked spot on the tapestry and you will be transported into it. There will be a portal, that is personal and only you yourself can see, that you can step into when you are ready to return here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asbjörn gives the rambling spellcaster a blank look. "Wait, you mean to say we're going -in- that big rug?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aram nods, gesturing back towards the tapestry. "Yes, quite. This rug contains an entire demiplane, a whole world if you will, separated from ours."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione accepts the paper and acknowledges his friends and new teammates.

"Sakura, Nora, Ta'lon, good to see you again. I don't know you two, but I am Adione, priest of Gorum. I look forward to the fights coming up."

Adione writes in his journal as the others discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura bows to everyone, her dark hair falling loosely over her shoulders before standing straight again.

"Good to see both old friends and new. I'll need to purchase some warmer clothes, and I think a rope and grapple, for this job. I will return shortly."

Sakura sprints out the door, tying her hair back as she goes...

off to buy a winter outfit, 50' silk rope, and grapple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aram looks after the disappearing ninja, eyebrows raised. "Fine. Anyone else need to visit the merchant's district before you depart? I feel the need to press upon you that time is of the essence. Any delay gives the Aspis Consortium more time to steal items rightfully belonging to the Pathfinder Society."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta'lon receives his paper from Aram with a slight bow of his head. Turning to the group:

"Greetings again my companions! I see we have a couple of new members joining our band. I am Ta'lon Bloodhaven, it is nice to mean you both"

Ta'lon throws a quick grin to Ilyana and says in Elven:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
"It is always good to see more of The People out among the world."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The big blonde man grabs hold of Adione's forearm and shakes it firmly as he adjusts the greatsword slung over his back. "Well met, you can call me Asbjörn, and this here is Amaroq," he says, nodding towards the quiet gray wolf at his side.

Picking up the large sack that was sitting at his feet, he approaches the rug, asking, "So how does this thing work?" Looking over his shoulder at Aram, he then says after a moment's pause, "Err, never mind. So we go in there, kick out them Aspis guys, and come back out, simple as that?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hello, I'm Ilyana," she says fidgeting with the string of her bow. "So how cold will it be there?" She asks pulling her cape closer to herself.

Ilyana grins back to Ta'lon and replies:
"Better out among the world then always sitting inside and be bored"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Elven
Indeed, the Society does provide us ample opportunities for adventure. Though this may prove to be a bit too chilly for my blood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Huysmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elven
"Better a bit chilly then too hot you still have clothes against the cold."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione appreciates Asbjörn's handshake.

"Well met. This will be a glorious adventure seeing as half of us wield Gorum's blade. I am ready, Master of Spells. When Dakura returns, we will put a stop to the Consortium."

In Abyssal, to Ta'lon:
Quit the flirting or whatever you're doing in your sing-songy pansy language, and let's go destroy some Aspis plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
To Ilyana
"There is that, but rarely does heavy clothing fit my wings well..."

Ta'lon gives final smile and shrug at Illyana, then turns to Adione

In Abyssal"
" 'Sing-song pansy language'? The elves fight with just as much fervor as any loyal follower of Gurom, we just look better while doing it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jaramillo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Sakura and Asbjörn (but so everyone could hear)

"I don't know about you two, but all these other languages are making me feel left out. Perhaps we should make up one of our own.

Is she joking? Serious? Hard to tell. Not much of a sense of humor this one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb

"My apologies Nora, Sakura and Asbjörn. It is just very rare for me to be able to speak the Elven tongue with an elf."

Turning to Aram Zey
"I believe we are ready, Master of Spells."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You summed it up perfectly, Asbjörn. Now, if you are ready, I wish you all a good luck and happy hunting." says the Master of Spells and steps aside to let you all approach and enter the tapestry.

I will assume Sakura returns and move you all inside the tapestry once I reach a computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you each in turn step up to the tapestry and do as instructed, you are instantly transported to the demi-plane which it contains. It is cold here, but thankfully you've dressed for it, and can thus brave the elements without worry. In front of you is the glacier that has in big parts enveloped the temple.

Symmetrical and colossal, the brownish-red stones of the Temple of Ragdya emerge from the glacier, hinting broadly at the scope and immensity of the vanaran complex. Sinuous nymphs, mighty tigers, and trumpeting elephants—frozen in ruddy stone—encrust the temple’s outer friezes. Packed snow and ice clad depictions of vanaras in jungle scenes, creating an odd dissonance between the climate illustrated in the carvings and the frigid conditions of the temple. The wind howls, and muted voices drift from within the temple.

Even more eerily, a strange hooting and shrieking issues from the temple’s cornices and spires, as if by some magical or artificial means the calls of thousands of monkeys echo the sound of the arctic storm. A wide doorway stands unobstructed, providing ingress to the columned courtyard within.

A carefuly scouting of the entrance show no reason to expect an ambush, so you enter the courtyard of the temple proper. Four columns stand vigil in this open-air courtyard, a wide doorway opening in the center of each wall. To the east, a huge banyan tree lies fallen across the wide bridge that once permitted access to the great gates of the temple. To the north and south stretches a ten-foot-wide walkway running along the temple’s exterior wall. A wide moat of black ice separates this walkway and the inner complex. To the south, a crude wooden ramp leads from the walkway to the ice’s surface ten feet below. Two steep stone stairways lead up from the ice to doorways in symmetrical chambers flanking the main entrance on the other side of the moat.

MAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asbjörn deeply inhales the cold air, "Ah, reminds me of home," he says. He then walks down the ramp over the moat of ice, towards the southern stairway, checking the door to feel if it's unlocked.

Don't have permission to access the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, should be fixed now. It's not a door, but an open doorway.

Oh, and mea culpa, only make what would amount to a "combat round of actions" at this point

No special reason.

And the ice, being slippery, each square counts as two squares for movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
"I guess we have no choice but to walk down the crude ramp on the the obviously slippery and treacherous ice"

With that Ta'lon walks twoards the ramp, with his hand resting on this sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione seems disappointed upon entry into the tapestry plane, and says "I am somewhat disappointed at the lack of ambush."

Adione walks SE then S.

"Wow, slippery. Watch out, everyone."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the walk way slippery or just the black ice moat"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the ice in the moat. The walkways are ok, "Soren".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione pauses and asks, "Hey, did the Master of Spells actually tell us specifically what we're supposed to be doing here?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |