Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2 78307-2
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 2/Druid 1 78727-1
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 1/Barbarian 1 78729-1
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2 73392-2
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 2 76206-3

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva, a fiery red-headed woman who climbed from the depths of Galtan revolution to become one of the Society’s finest (and most well-connected) venturecaptains, stands in the great meeting hall of the Grand Lodge in Absalom. She stares down her hawkish nose and sighs.

“I ask for the best and they send me you. Lucky me. You look more like a troupe of monkeys than the Pathfinder elite!

The Society’s best contact in Osirion, Grand Ambassador Dremdhet Salhar, informed me this morning that his lovely Chelish wife, the Lady Anilah Salhar, was kidnapped and sold into slavery.

“Normally, I wouldn’t care a bulette’s eyeball about who was or was not enslaved in Absalom, but Salhar is the Society’s best avenue for acquiring all of the necessary official paperwork to make our frequent delves into the tombs of Osirion cheap and legal. This is a relationship we want to preserve and since the Ambassador made it clear that our status is in jeopardy, I’ve been instructed to send our best agents to find her and return her safely to Salhar.

“I guess you’ll do.

“Salhar hasn’t sat idle since his wife was taken—his own agents are prowling the streets and dug up one possible lead. A one-eyed Andoren, a grit junky named Fredrik, is known for selling or helping to sell nobility into foreign markets that desire house slaves. Being enormously illegal, this trade makes Fredrik a fair bit of coin that Salhar’s agents assure me all go straight into the pockets of the Second Chance, a grit den dockside in Puddles. That’s all I have to get you started. Go quickly. The fate of our Osirian exploits is in your hands.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:

“I ask for the best and they send me you. Lucky me. You look more like a troupe of monkeys than the Pathfinder elite!

Hiram looks at Sir Mojo, slightly irritated. "No, she is NOT talking about me!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
"A damsel in distress, slaves... This is just your thing, ain't it Hiram?" muses Milo, filling up his pipe whilst pondering. "Sounds like the operation of some dastardly crime syndicate. Horrible wretches, only operating with gold in mind. Of course, loftier goals would bring with it more reputable means."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a crease of seriousness on his brow Ozgg whispers "I think he talk about Milo" then takes another bite of his banana before handing the leftovers to Mojo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The little thief cocks his head, listening to the rest of the briefing.

"Typical. These blighters condemn hundreds of poor benighted souls to a life of misery and we sit on our hands. As soon as the wife of one blasted bigwig gets snatched then we're leaping into action, don'tcha know?"

He hawks noisily and spits on the floor.

"Oh YES. This MUST be stopped. Selling people's liberty for a handful of coin is one thing, but making our bloody expeditions in Osirion economically unviable? That WILL NOT STAND!

"So. Have you got a picture of this bloody woman or what?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo looks at Ozgg, it is almost the thousand yard stare. "Sublime, milord." murmurs the bard before sidestepping Hiram's spit.

"Doubtless there will be ample opportunity to release a few more wretched souls while we look for the one valued so highly by the society. As for this den, should we try stealth and subterfuge, snatch this single lead from under the dirty noses if his friends, or should we go... ah... apeshit... on them from the get go?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Heh heh, Milo make joke!" Ozgg grins the only way he knows how, the way that usually makes children cry, and gives the bard a jovial punch in the shoulder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a little while Milo staggers up to his feet again. "Anyway..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I don't like the fact that we suffer the slavery here at all, but when some fancy lady gets enslaved then all hell breaks loose!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Urgh! More hell devils? I's only just clean Mojo fur!" Grumbles Ozgg regretting joining this quest. Meanwhile in the back of the room Sir Mojo is rifling through some boxes for more bananas, his fur matted with clumps of demon goo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Most honorable Venture-Captain, there is an old saying which goes, it is not the outside, but what is on inside that counts. I can personally attest that although there may not be much on the outside for some of our fine group, the inside is..." the monk gets distracted by Hiram's spitting and Ozgg's slugging of Milo, "...well...better anyway."

Although Indo is becoming used to the halflings', and Ozgg's, and Mojo's antics, he still needs to remind himself at times that patience is a virtue.

Addressing the venture-captain again, he asks, "Do you have a physical description of Salhar's wife?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group stops bickering for enough time to ask some questions, Alissa becomes impatient and exclaims, “You will be responsible for the Society’s losses in Osirion with your incessant questions. I’ve told you all I know—if you desire further employment beneath these hallowed pillars, you’ll think twice before asking me inane questions. Be gone!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo finally lights up the pipe and glares at the VC. But then he shrugs and turns to leave. "This place can't be too hard to find. Lets go kick down some doors and get this over with."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The VC may not have appreciated your banter, but I did. Hilarious stuff, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oook?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The group has no trouble locating the 'The Second Chance. It is a one-room, run-down tavern-turned-grit-den located dockside in Puddles. It has one main entrance and three small rear entrances.

Dimly lit by cheap oil lamps sputtering on walls punctuated by painted-over windows, the Second Chance reeks of unwashed humanity and pungent ash. Threads of sickly sweet smoke drift like smog from tin hookahs. Ale kegs lurk in each corner, and cheap clay mugs hang from nails on the walls.

When the party arrives, the Second Chance is in the midst of a frenzied, grit-induced brawl. Next to the bar, the owner of the den, a thick scowling Keleshite (named Elo), grips a bloody scimitar in one fist, blocking one of the den’s rear doors. At his feet lies a fresh corpse, blood slowly seeping into the floor boards from the dead man’s slashing wounds. Another unconscious body lies in a corner in the back.

A skinny, one-eyed retch in tattered clothing, is perched atop a wobbling table at the center of the room, frantically kicking at several drugged-out thugs who try to pull him off.

Around the room are numerous drugged out patrons also engaged in a brawl, seemingly just for the fun of it. About the room, too, are a variety of junkies in various states of hallucination, sprawled on the floor, or draped across their chairs. They seem completely unaware of the
melee raging about them.

LINK TO MAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Classy joint. Now, is the involuntary cyclops fighting for his life the man we are looking for? If so... gentlemen, after you."

Milo sighs, looking the place over. Really not the sort of establishment he is accustomed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo almost whispers:
"Oh gods, what wretched place is this?"

Then he looks around if he spots something interesting.

Perception 1d20+8 = (11) + 8 = 19

Also since we are in a tavern, Endo is dismounted now. John, if it would be inappropriate (if there is such a thing in a foul den like this) , then Mr. Snuggles waits outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 396940. Vladimir17
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (11) + 8 =
  • Perception
  • Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:19 am
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You no see good time before?" Ozgg says heading towards the brawl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
INIT
25 Elo
15 Hiram
15 Indo
15 Slobber
14 Mr. Snuggles
13 Thug 2
12 Milo
11 Ozzg
11 Thug 3
10 Endo
9 Thug 1
4 Sir Mojo

As Ozzg leads the group into the brawl the man behind the bar, Elo, screams out across the room, "OY! No weapons in here!!"

He takes no further actions, until he can guage the party's intentions. Delay

Hiram
Indo...are up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 397128. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (3) + 7 =
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 am
  • [+]
  • 397129. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (9) + 6 =
  • [+]
  • 397130. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (11) + 4 =
  • [+]
  • 397131. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 am
  • [+]
  • 397132. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (1) + 3 =
  • [+]
  • 397134. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (9) + 2 =
  • [+]
  • 397137. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (19) + 6 =
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:03 am
  • [+]
  • 397138. greenclaw
  • 1d20+0 =
  • (9) + 0 =
  • [+]
  • 397139. greenclaw
  • 1d20+0 =
  • (13) + 0 =
  • [+]
  • 397140. greenclaw
  • 1d20+0 =
  • (11) + 0 =
  • [+]
  • 397145. greenclaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (14) + 1 =
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:11 am
  • [+]
  • 397146. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (12) + 2 =
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:13 am
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram glances from the barkeep to Indo. "Seems that they're playing your tune, old stick," he drawls. "Dangerous is the inn that serves sandwiches of knuckle and all that."

Delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo smiles at Hiram, "Dangerous indeed. A more wretched hive of scum and villainy I have never witnessed."

He yells out to the barkeep. "We will not need our weapons. We only desire to talk to our friend here."

The monk cracks his knuckles before wading into the fray, "Some men need assistance along life's path by a good word, and some men by a knock upside the head."

Stepping forward, he attacks the thug to the North with a quick strike from the palm of his hand, before spinning and high-kicking the junkie to the South.

Non-lethal attacks

Palm Strike 1d20+4 = (13) + 4 = 17
Damage 1d6+4 = (4) + 4 = 8

High Kick 1d20+4 = (8) + 4 = 12
Damage 1d6+4 = (1) + 4 = 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 397326. cobbz20
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (13) + 4 =
  • Palm Strike
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 397327. cobbz20
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (4) + 4 =
  • Damage
  • Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 397328. cobbz20
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (8) + 4 =
  • High Kick
  • [+]
  • 397329. cobbz20
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • Damage
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo wades in and and before the group has barely walked through the door, he manages to knock two of the thugs completely unconscious.

The bar owner remains impassive behind the bar, seemingly happy to see barefisted brawls going on, as long as they don't involve weapons.

The skinny, one-eyed wretch on the table calls out, "Yes! Yes! Kick them again... but, there's one more! Hit him! Quickly he's trying to hurt me!"

The group notices a rather mangy old dog sitting up in the corner whose ears twitch waiting for some sort of signal which hasn't yet come.

Milo
Ozzg
Endo
Mr. Snuggles
and Hiram (delayed action)...are up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo isn't too eager to get into a fight without resorting to weaponry, and hangs back, waiting for the others to get their hands dirty and possibly their wardrobes messed up.

Delay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |