A full list of the changes made between the original version and the revised edition is available from the publisher:
From the publisher's web site:
Smaug has been defeated, the Battle of Five Armies has been won, and Bilbo has returned to the Shire. But much danger still remains, and from the Orc-holds of the mountains to the dark and corrupt depths of Mirkwood a darkness waits, recovering its strength, laying its plans, and slowly extending its shadow . . .
The One Ring™ Roleplaying Game is the newest fantasy roleplaying game set in the world of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, allowing you and your friends to set out on your own adventures in Middle-earth.
This new edition combines the Adventurer's Guide and Loremaster's Guide of the previous, award-winning, slipcase edition into a single volume, reformatted and re-edited for ease of use at the gaming table.
This game contains:
• A complete set of rules for roleplaying in Middle-earth.
• How to create characters and make your own fellowship.
• A bestiary of enemies to face, from Giant Spiders and Orcs to Stone-trolls and Wargs.
• Advice for telling stories that evoke the spirit of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™.
• Six ready-made characters and a complete adventure to get started right away.
You just need a group of players, a 12-sided dice and a handful of 6-sided dice to play!