From publisher blurb:
The World’s Greatest Firearms Reference Meets the
World’s Biggest Roleplaying Game!
Written by veteran game author and d20 Modern designer Charles Ryan, the classic Ultramodern Firearms is now fully updated with the most modern weapons in use today and complete OGL rules. From the venerable Browning M2 to the army’s new OICW—from the Colt M1911 to the USSOCOM special operations pistol—Ultramodern Firearms d20 brings you the weapons your game needs in a book that is clear, well organized, fully illustrated, and easy to use. Ultramodern Firearms d20 includes these exciting features:
- More than 200 entries that cover over 350 of the most modern weapons and variants in use today, with complete OGL game statistics and special rules for unique or unusual weapon features.
- New OGL game rules cover exotic ammunition types, weapon reliability, bipods and folding stocks, adjustable fittings, custom scopes, weapons feats, and more—there are even rules for using the vitality point damage system! The rules, carefully crafted by one of the designers of the d20 Modern core rulebook, are clean, concise, playable, and balanced.
- Find the perfect weapon for your character or NPC—even if you don’t know what it is—with the amazing features index. You don’t have to be a gun expert—the features index can steer you to the right firearm even if you don’t know a Steyr AUG from a Barrett Light Fifty.
- A table covering more than fifty military, police, and special operations organizations fills you in on the weapons used by the world’s elite forces. Whether you’re building a campaign around the SAS or creating a new organization modeled on Delta Force, you have the inside scoop on the weapons the pros use.
- Colorful and interesting text discusses the history, development, and use of each class of weapons. Find out when it’s better to use a submachinegun instead of an assault rifle—without burying yourself in esoteric jargon.
Ultramodern Firearms d20 is an invaluable resource for OGL system players and GMs alike. Lock and load!