From publisher blurb:
Visira. The City of Sorrows, in the dread realm of the Black Sword. Whose narrow streets echo tortured cries and the cruel whippings from taskmasters. Where the air is thick with the stench of blood and decay. It is a haven to the vile, the wicked, and the amoral. Where gold can buy anything, and life has the least value of all...
Visira is a powerfully detailed fantasy city sourcebook that is immediately usable in any campaign. While designed with unsavory elements, Visira is not a wholly evil city. Whether you're looking for a city to serve as your adventurers' headquarters, as your villain's base, or as the elaborate backdrop for countless adventures, Visira meets the challenge.
- Over 100 detailed d20 System NPC residents.
- 26 aerial maps of Visira: 13 full color and 13 black & white designed for easy printing.
- Seven intricately described city wards.
- Arena's Hold - the warrior's realm of fighting pits, the gladiators' arena, and the corrupt gambling halls of the Black Thumb.
- East Wash - Visira's oldest ward, in ruins from the floods of the Venom River.
- Hillside - the tiered layers of the bluffs and the crust, dominated by Visira Keep and the citadel of Eteris.
- Huckster Sprawl - a twisting maze where danger awaits the unwary, and the Rake terrorize with impunity.
- Old Harbor - the ancient warf, torn and sinking, unchallenged domain of the lizardfolk Harvesters.
- South Levee - filled with the bazaars of the Farmers' Market, and the garrison compounds of the Cannibals.
- Waterfront - where pirates and merchants clash against the enigmatic Mariners Bevy, and the blue-skinned pleasure women of the Scarlet Veil capture the secrets of all.
- The seven deities prominent within the city.
- From the Trail of Tears, short stories recount tales of life in Visira:
- An Unholy Land
- Into Evil's Heart
- The Price of Business
- Broken Bones
- The Hunting
- The Reach of Revenge