From the back of the book
Story, combat, plot, setting: Roleplaying games are far more than just rolling dice and moving pieces around a board. For imaginative adventure in your living room, there's nothing like it.
But how do game designers create the quests and challenges that have excited players for 40 years? The Kobold Guide to Game Design, Volume III: Tools & Techniques gets into the nitty gritty of game design:
- Creating dynamic combat systems
- Inventing compelling game mechanics
- Imagining fascinating settings
- Working well with collaborators
- Understanding the diff erences between tabletop and video game
Learn the craft from award-winning designers who have worked on some of the most enduring games in the fi eld, including Dungeons & Dragons, Forgotten Realms, Call of Cthulhu, and so many more. Discover their tools and techniques, then embark on your own adventure, creating the next generation of roleplaying games!