A temple in disrepair looms out of the mist. As you approach, you notice that the debris results not so much from ruin as disinterest. It appears that grandiose plans have disolved due to insufficient money, time or will.It seems a shame; the structure could have been so beautiful.
A nagging thought crosses your mind. Could this be the work of Akrasia, the Goddess of Distraction? Many do not see her as a threat. After all, what is so wrong with having another drink, or listening to one more song, or playing one more hand of cards? Still, her agents have brought down empires, and her influence saps the life from communities until they fall, rotten within, to the slightest threat.
Ah, but who cares? There is no doubt little of value or threat within. Might as well find a comfortable spot and turn in early tonight. There's always tomorrow for great deeds . . .
Akrasia, Thief of Time, presents a series of vignettes that can be used individually or in total to enrich any fantasy campaign using the d20 game system. In it, you will find:
- a description of the cult of Akrasia, its clerics, treasures and legends.
- a new Prestige Class called the Distractor, and a detailed member of that class to bedevil your characters.
- an almost abandoned shrine to the Goddess, with a haunting inhabitant.
- a wandering servant of the Thief of Time, with a dangerous secret.
- an inn beholden to the Lady of Lost Dreams, where adventurers can lose their way or gain a great boon.
- four Akrasia devotees who plot to destroy a small town.
- an active temple of The Delayer, with worshipers, creatures and mystical items.