A Sourcebook covering events of the Legend of the Five Rings CCG for play in the associated rpg. Moved the metaplot and timeline forward significantly for products which followed.
From the back cover:
For over a thousand years, Rokugan has known this day would come.
This is a day when clan turns against clan, when brother turns against brother and the Clan War consumes the Empire.
This is a day when the Shadowlands rises with new power, even the most honorable find themselves tempted by corruption.
This is the day when Fu Leng shall escape from his eternal prison and wreak his terrible vengeance against everything that lives.
This is the Day of Thunder
This book contains everything you will need to run a campaign through the Clan War saga originally presented in the Legend of the Five Rings Collectible Card Game. Within, you will find all the following and more:
- A detailed timeline presenting all of the major events from the Clan War.
- Adventure hooks for each period of the Clan War as well as "The Helm of Kenshin," a five-part adventure which takes a party of characters through the major events of the Clan War to the Day of Thunder itself.
- New statistics for major characters from every Great Clan, updated to the time of the Clan War and to Second Edition rules.
- The Black Scrolls, the Jade Hand, and other legendary artifacts of power.
- New School Techniques, Advanced Schools, spells, and kata.
- Options for customizing the Clan War storyline to suit your own campaign.