From the back of the book:
- Enter the world developed by award-winning fantasy artist Larry Elmore and made famous by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman in the best-selling Sovereign Stone novel trilogy from HarperCollins Publishers.
- Sovereign Stone is a complete campaign setting for the fabulous d20 system. Included are new races, new classes, new feats, new skills, new monsters-created by some of the best known names in the RPG industry.
- Learn to cast magic in a new way in the Sovereign Stone world. A new d20 magic system lets you build points toward the casting of spells, making complex spells more difficult to cast, while simple spells are easy and quick.
- The world has Orks, Elves, Humans and Dwarves as player races, powerful Dominion Lords who fight for good against the evil undead knights of the Void.
- The Orks are a sea-faring races, advantaged in Water magic. The Elves have a culture similar to medieval Japan and are advantaged in Air magic. The Dwarves are a nomadic people similar to the Mongols, and are advantaged in Fire magic. There are a half-dozen distinct Human cultures, all advantaged in Earth magic. The Taan, Void magic-users, are a mysterious race bent on conquering the rest!