Table of Contents
- A 96 page Adventurer's Guide with sections on character generation, technology, weapons, armor, vehicles, history, political geography, colonies, maps, and forms.
- A 112 page Director's Guide with sections on running adventures, organizations, experience and renown, aliens, event resolution, combat, star travel, space combat, ship listings, world generation, animal encounters, tables, maps, and forms.
- A 32 page Play Aids booklet consisting of 16 pages of tables and forms, a Near Star List cataloging the 750 stars on the Near Star Map, and a sample programmed adventure, Terror's Lair.
- A large, full-color, 3D Near Star Map covering the stars within 50 light years of Earth.
- 1 D10 and 2 D6 dice.
- A full page ad flyer for Challenge magazine with a $2 subscription discount coupon.
- A 'GDW Game Response Card' postcard.
Later copies of 2300AD included Kafer Dawn in the box. These copies had a foil label affixed with "!FREE! Kafer Dawn Module INSIDE" inside a stylized starburst.