From the back cover:
Now in hardback book format, the companion volume to the acclaimed RuneQuest Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure rulebook.
With this, the second volume in Games Workshop's series of hardback volumes based on Avalon Hill's Third Edition RuneQuest, players of this original, realistic, detailed and sophisticated game system can take their gaming to new highs. Featured within are additional rules for character backgrounds, special combat situations, spellcasting careers, new spells, creating and running adventures, and sea-borne gaming. And, for starter GMs, a complete and ready-to-play adventure, The Money Tree.
RuneQuest is the game which brought percentage-based skills systems to the forefront, allowing characters to develop unique patterns of expertise. Lastingly popular over more than ten years, RuneQuest represents one of the pinnacles of gaming achievement.
This book contains twelve main sections:
- Introduction — in which the links to the basic game are explained
- Creating an Adventurer — in which the different backgrounds characters will have come from, and the effects upon their skills are detailed.
- Combat — in which special combat situations are covered.
- Skills — where the effects of the environment are explained.
- Magic — an overview of the forms of magic.
- Spirit Magic — including rules on becoming a tribal shaman, and including many new spells
- Divine Magic — which brings more spells, more deities and new careers for spellcasters
- Sorcery — a guide to the life of the sorcerer's apprentice, and still more new spells
- Ritual Magic — a whole new class of magic!
- Gamemastering — more ideas for running your RuneQuest campaign.
- Scenario Aids — tables for generating simple RuneQuest adventures.
- The Money Tree — a ready-to-play scenario.