Comme il Faut serves as a "player's guide" to Castle Falkenstein. In addition to offering up the errata for the core book, new sorcerous lore, and a handful of new mechanics, it's also a competently written handbook to life in the Victorian era of the setting.
All Things Right and Proper
Life in the Steam Age is a confusing web of restrictions, rules, mores, & manners.
But fret not, Dear Reader. In Comme Il Faut, Our latest publication for Castle Falkenstein, R. Talsorian Games gives Players and Hosts alike a Guide to living the Stylish Life in the neo-Victorian world of New Europa. This Useful Tome contains invaluable information such as:
- Modes, Manners and Related Topics from A-Zed, including Assignations, Duels, The Military, Traveling by Land, Sea & Air, Races & Regattas, and, of course, the Right Clubs and How to Keep Up Appearances.
- Proper applications of High Sorcery, including Cantrips, Wards, and New Lorebooks Recently discovered and Our Readers Most Frequently Asked Sorcerical Queries.
- How to hold a Proper Dinner, Ball, or Weekend at Your Country Estate, including Notes on Boar Hunting, Parlor Games and the Casual Liaison Between Consenting Adults.
- Where the Fast Set is during the Season, plus all the Most Important News and Gossip from 1869-1880, and a Timeline of Personages of the Age, so that You will Know When and Where to be Seen and with Whom.
- Alternate Rules & Clarifications of the Great Game, including a Freeform Alternative Gaming system, A Hard-Numbers Alternative Gaming System, and Guidelines for Live-action Steam Age Role-playing.
- Complete Victorian costuming on a budget for those of Modest Means, both Historical and Monetary.
- Plus: Nine New Skills & Abilities, Three New Roles, and Maps of the Most Important Places to be in 1870s New Europa.