From the back cover:
"Revealed for the First Time!
Discover all the technical and natural wonders of the fantastic Star Wars saga. Here are sleek starfighters that clash with mile-long Star Destroyers, filling the void with streaks of laser fire and blazing wrecks. Here are armor-clad stormtroopers battling desperate Rebels across the galaxy. Here are detailed descriptions of the bizarre aliens, devastating weapons, amazing Droids, courageous heroes and cunning villains of the Star Wars universe.
Clear explanations and illustrations show how everything works: from lightsabers, the elegant Jedi weapon, to repulsorlifts that defy gravity. Stories, maps, charts and much more highlight this extraordinary guide to Star Wars, the greatest space fantasy of all time!
- Over 120 illustrations and photographs from the Star Wars archives -- many never published before!
- Maps of a Rebel Outpost and an Imperial Garrison, with rosters of equipment and personnel.
- Technical manual for X-wing starfighter.
- Dossiers on Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and other major heroes and villains.
- Floor plans of the incredible smuggling ship Millenium Falcon.
- Blasters and Lightsabers -- how they work and where to get them,
- Performance data for vehicles from speeder bikes, AT-AT walkers, and TIE fighters to awesome Star Destroyers.
- Detailed descriptions of alien beings, droids, Stormtroopers, creatures, hyperdrives, sensors, deflector shields and escape pods.
- Plus dozens of other entries -- nearly 100 in all!"