Welcome to the 17th century minimalist.
This is a fast-paced and highly-deadly game with a pinch of black humour that puts characters as wanderers in 17th century Europe. You will play as tricksters, thieves, former soldiers, bankrupt swashbucklers and petty physicians, roaming the Old Continent in search of coin and glory. The system is designed to allow fast character creation, compatibility with other games (mostly in the OSR community) and a reckless style of play.
- All rules are simplified and compressed to their essence.
- It assumes a historical, low-fantasy setting in the 17th century.
- It has firearms with flintlocks.
- It does not have magic.
- Combat is faster, deadlier and scarier.
- Why? Because characters do not gain more HP in higher levels.
- It has novel mechanics for experience and reputation. The two together offer opportunities for a more narrative style of play.
What do you get?
A complete minimalist rules system in 40 pages, designed by Andre Novoa and illustrated by Offworld Bogil Initiative, with five different classes, simplified combat mechanics including a 1600s firearms section, a commerce section, disease and poison rules, and basic rules for campaigning.
CHECK OUT... the 17th "Mini Adventure Folder", sold separately, with five mini adventures compatible with this rulebook.