From publisher blurb:
Cosmic Characters and Amazing Aliens
The Alien Codex brings you an incredible array of sci-fi and space-themed playable races, iconic heroes, and a mountain of ready-to-play sci-fi NPCs, and that’s just the beginning! If your 5E campaign ventures into the dark tapestry of space, through gleaming dieselpunk spires, or has to defend a fantastic homeworld from alien invasion by elritch horrors from beyond the stars, this book is an amazing resource to populate an official 5th Edition setting, a universe of your own design, or a dedicated sci-fi saga like the Legendary Planet Adventure Path! In this nearly 300-page astro-adventuring accessory you’ll find:
- Rules for over 50 species and how to use them in a sci-fi campaign, from classics like humans and elves to aquatic, bestial, and reptilian races, psychic species, animate plants, mechanical beings, and more.
- Complete writeups for over three dozen fully detailed playable races, including racial traits, new character options, and more.
- Over 100 feats, spells, magic items, class abilities, gear, archetypes, and other rules elements for you and your players to flesh out these alien species.
- Over 200 ready-to-play stat blocks and templates from Challenge 1/8 to 24, from bloodthirsty farmers and okanta pilots to kraken breed klaven, hetzuud void sorcerers, auttaine legion commanders, and ultari techlords!
- You also get nearly a dozen richly detailed iconic heroes, with vividly developed character histories and backgrounds!
- Half a dozen appendices packed full of high-tech armor and weapons, radioactive aetherite rules, languages, and creature and rule indices!