Before we were six. Now we are one. We differ on many points, but on these we agree: Always trust our instincts, always reward loyalty, and always pounce upon minions of the Unseen. Without these tenets, we are no longer worthy of the adoration of Man.
- - Monarch Trillani Persian von Mau, deceased
Cats have inherited the world, unifying their six fractious monarchies after untold centuries. These cats have been uplifted to use tools and language, and they seek to rediscover the ruins of the Old Ones. Some have learned to use the leftover technology of humanity, but they believe it to be magic given to them by their lost worshippers. Others seek to create a cohesive nation, using Precepts of Mau agreed to after years of political conflict. The world is dangerous and mysterious, but the instincts of a good cat will always be true.
Some highlights of Monarchies of Mau include:
- An evocative and mysterious setting that’s both family friendly and deep enough to create compelling stories.
- A traditional fantasy rules system redesigned for streamlined play and easy creation of heroic cats, with an emphasis on cooperation and action over competition and violence.
- A variety of callings and houses that give access to several fun and interesting secrets.
- Rival species to interact with, like dogs and mice, along with terrifying and dangerous monsters that roam the landscape