From publisher blurb:
Under the demon sun lies a desert wasteland of desolate barrens where seven warlords rule seven oases of savage beauty. Amid the dunes, brutal scavengers battle for survival against desperate raiders and monsters born of demonic corruption. This is Cinderheim, a blasted hellscape of barbarism, sandstorms, and unrelenting heat.
In Cinderheim, freedom beckons to those strong enough to fight for it.
Cinderheim: The Land Under the Demon Sun is a system-neutral campaign setting for apocalyptic desert fantasy adventures inspired by the works of Tanith Lee, Dark Sun, and the Berserk manga. My goal was to create a rich setting that could be read in a single sitting. The book includes:
- Full page art by Michael Gibbons and Wayne Snyder.
- Details on the seven warlords of Cinderheim, such as Tenoch the Devourer and the cultist queen Mama Lesedi Gheda.
- Details on the seven oasis encampments of Cinderheim, such as the false democracy of Koraaz and the pleasure palaces of Thanorek.
- Advice and tools for running a fantasy RPG influenced by Dying Earth and Sword and Sorcery literature.
- Tools for use in game, such as copious adventure seeds, random tables, and an adventure generator.
- A design that prioritizes ease of use and speed of play. All "lore" entries are easy to scan, and make use of bullet points to draw your attention to the important bits so you can get on with your game.