From publisher blurb:
Helheim Unbound is a roleplaying game designed with quick resolutions and narrative play in mind. We have created a framework that translates a player's vision for a character into a playable champion. The end result is a system that allows a group to play in a matter of minutes, with minimal complexities to tie down the narrative.
Helheim Unbound can be used as a generic system for practically any setting, but included is an example setting at the dawn of the Viking Age. Whether players embark on daring raids with the Vikings or enlist with King Charles on his crusade to spread the boundaries of Christendom, there is a world filled with conflict and adventure.
- Introduction: The Basics. A little bit of background, what you need to play, and player roles.
- Chapter 1: Core Rules. The Core Rules cover everything from dice mechanics, how actions work, how your champion is developed, wealth, and a quick guide to magic.
- Chapter 2: Champion Creation. All about how you create your champion, including their desires, skills, benefits and hindrances, starting resources, and how to measure success when the champion dies or retires.
- Chapter 3: The Gamemaster. Tips and tricks for Gamemasters, including when to test and setting test difficulties, how to create creatures, and guidance on managing a rules-lite system like Helheim Unbound.
- Chapter 4: Examples. Norse / Dark Age themed examples to help inspire players, including all aspects of champion creation, ideas for encounters, and sample creatures for the champions to face. We also have included some examples for other settings as well!
- Chapter 5: Magic. Magic was the number one area our playtesters wanted more information on, so we dedicated a chapter to it! We include a framework for creating your own magic system, as well as two complete magic systems: One based on the 18 Runes from the Havamal and 18 Miracles from the Bible.